Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm replacing a second Titan with a first Hunter. Don't normally like Hunters but just for completeness ...
    Also, the grind for a new character is fine, it's just when you hit 330-335 it gets boring. The raid isn't my cup of tea so having completed it once I didn't bother going back. The raid layer is fun though and more like D1

What's the story with going from 330-335? I haven't been back since the DLC and if this bit is dull I may wait until the next DLC comes out and skip this step all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

gimli2112 wrote:
    What's the story with going from 330-335? I haven't been back since the DLC and if this bit is dull I may wait until the next DLC comes out and skip this step all together.

Ah its not bad gimli just a bit grindy.
    Trials drop gear upto 335
    And so do both raids
    And exotics
    Not sure about nightfall.

Sure if you wanna do a raid let us know we run a few a week nó bother squeezing you in, especially after all the gear you dropped wonder in division 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

There's nothing particularly bad going from 330 to 335, it's just that by then you've done everything there is to do.  Masterworks helps with the boredom as do the CoO weapons grind (Perfect Paradox was a nice surprise) but the lack of new quest lines and no real rolls on anything really detracts from the end game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Playing the division again has soured me a bit on D2.

end game has so many builds and specs to grind for and weapons to get the perfect rolls, and then the div tech to upgrade them.

D2 has no end game grind and its the real problem.

unfortunatley all internet seems to be focusing on eververse..... just dont buy the ****e and they`ll get the damn message.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

The hardcore of my Destiny Clan (many since Year 1) are switching to The Division.  Eververse doesn't bother me, I'm never going to buy anything there because I don't care about the visual appearance of my character, ship etc. As you say, it's the lack of an end-game that annoys me as well as the general dumbing-down to attract casuals that has wrecked the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The hardcore of my Destiny Clan (many since Year 1) are switching to The Division.  Eververse doesn't bother me, I'm never going to buy anything there because I don't care about the visual appearance of my character, ship etc. As you say, it's the lack of an end-game that annoys me as well as the general dumbing-down to attract casuals that has wrecked the game.

And the sad thing is, the casuals being what they are, casuals, have already left the game and moved on. All that's left are the hardcore Destiny fans and they are rightly feeling p!$$ed off!

At the end of the day.. it's all about the cash.

Take a look at the 2017 Q3 financial results from Activision. D2 is a big callout!

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ACTI/5813398754x0x962445/E4416B6E-5AA6-4A33-B757-059791E39179/ATVI_Q3_2017_Press_Release.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

The problem with destiny 2 is the lack of reward.

Get your bright engrams each week and stop. Why both playing another strike when the likelihood is you'll get nothing decent from it.

I remember playing strikes and Nightfalls in D1 loads because there was a chance you'd get something decent.

I don't know I think I might have burnt out of Destiny in general.

Playing Gran Turismo and a few other games at the moment. Maybe I'll come back to D2 but right now it nearly feels like a chore of a game. The grind isn't fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bungo never learnt from their D1 mistakes:

It appears, that in a shockingly similar situation to D1, D2's development was REBOOTED early 2016.
    Reddit Link

Also, Bungie looking for a new Head of Narrative Development
    Reddit Link
    Recruitment Site Job Listing

its hard to make a case/argument as to why they didn't get this one right from day one. They knew the issues, they had the feedback from millions of fans but still managed to make it an average game.

I know it's one of those things everyone says but seriously Activision just like EA or Ubisoft have a lot to answer for.

I already boycott all EA and Ubisoft titles. Looks like Activision could be next,.

That said Bungie aren't the Bungie I remember from Halo 2 and 3 unfortunately so maybe I and others just need to let go.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,039 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would LOVE to see what the game was looking like and the design goals being aimed at before the reboot. I don't expect we every will know - but it would be super interesting if the original design goals would have been better than what we got.

As for the post above - I am becoming less and less angry at Activision, as it is looking more and more that the blame is squarely on Bungie for decisions they made all on their own.

• Advertisement

Get your bright engrams each week and stop. Why both playing another strike when the likelihood is you'll get nothing decent from it.

I remember playing strikes and Nightfalls in D1 loads because there was a chance you'd get something decent.

I don't know I think I might have burnt out of Destiny in general.

Playing Gran Turismo and a few other games at the moment. Maybe I'll come back to D2 but right now it nearly feels like a chore of a game. The grind isn't fun.

I know for almost certain that I will get nothing of use to me from the strikes themselves, or even PVP. Once I have done the associated milestone there isn't anything really calling me back to anything. though I would still be happy to jump into PVP with people just to play PVP, I'm not a big fan of solo.

I have all the weapons I want - I think i simply have all the weapons - so I'm not chasing another drop for a better roll and everything drops 5 levels below my base light level so it isn't even useful for infusing the gear I do like.

Getting a masterwork version is the only possibly interesting outcome from the activities most of the time.

Its disappointing.

No 'This Week at Bungie' this week either, which is disappointing. I was hoping this week would be when we start to here Bungie talk about the feedback they have been very loudly getting and what their plans are. But it will be next week at best now. Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

No 'This Week at Bungie' this week either, which is disappointing. I was hoping this week would be when we start to here Bungie talk about the feedback they have been very loudly getting and what their plans are. But it will be next week at best now. Disappointing.

TWaB should drop tonight, if there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'm replacing a second Titan with a first Hunter.  Don't normally like Hunters but just for completeness ...
    Also, the grind for a new character is fine, it's just when you hit 330-335 it gets boring.  The raid isn't my cup of tea so having completed it once I didn't bother going back.  The raid layer is fun though and more like D1

What's the difference between the Raid layer and the Raid? - I haven't completed either and I'm LL229. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Raid is a full raid.
    Raid lair is like raid lite. Smaller encounter, but much more fun I find.

You'd need to be 300 minimum to attempt either, ideally around 320 though.

TWaB should drop tonight, if there is one.

There isn't one. It's back next week.

Deej said there have been meetings this week, and more next week, and TWAB will return next week when Cozmo and whatever the new guy is called return. Think he mentioned about sharing info with us next week.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46565
    Bungie would like to give you all a warm welcome to 2018.

We hope your holiday season was filled with family, friends, and maybe even a Fireteam of Guardians to share in some winter cheer. The Dawning festivities thaw to a close on January 9. You still have time to make a snowball and tag your best friend or your most dreaded Strike boss.

There's a new calendar on the wall, and we're already angling to fill it with a new season of rituals and rewards that will be available to all. One by one, our teammates are returning to the studio to get back to work. We'll tell you about our plans for the next update to Destiny 2 in the next "This Week at Bungie" blog address on January 11.

See you starside in this new year.

Kenny Omega ring walk outfit prior to his match vs Chris Jericho yesterday.

sgG8pqX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

My big issue with destiny in its current form is that it's simply not fun. When the drive for progression ends, you realise that without it the modes and challenges are dull. There isn't a functionally fun game behind all the loot. The so called casuals are dead right to leave in droves, it's boring.

bugs wrote: »
    My big issue with destiny in its current form is that it's simply not fun. When the drive for progression ends, you realise that without it the modes and challenges are dull. There isn't a functionally fun game behind all the loot. The so called casuals are dead right to leave in droves, it's boring.

Boring is probably a bit strong. To be fair to D2 it's still a solid game with plenty to do, but I think I fans were expecting more, myself included.

I'm over a hundred hours in so I've got very good value for money already and that's before the next dlc but I don't know my desire to play it just isn't there.

Maybe because it's so similar to the first game. Maybe I'm just Destiny'd out.

I'll definately still tip in and out of it as my FPS game of choice but just not to the extent I thought I would and it looks like I'm not the only one unfortunately.

D2 for me will never reach the heights of D1 but..... I am still getting some enjoyment out of it.

I got my 1st character to 335 this week with my Warlock and Hunter both sitting on 333. I'm enjoying (somewhat) farming the milestones to get them all to 335 before next DLC.

Once they are all at 335, I am going to tackle the raids so I have that to look forward to.

In between these, I am on my last verse for the complete forge weapon set. The grind is real on these. Paradox amplifiers are a nightmare. with and average of 8-10 heroic strikes per weapon (that need it) I must have done 50 heroic strikes since the DLC dropped.

However, once I have all the above milestones completed, I will probably have no further reason to play till the next DLC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

In between these, I am on my last verse for the complete forge weapon set. The grind is real on these. Paradox amplifiers are a nightmare. with and average of 8-10 heroic strikes per weapon (that need it) I must have done 50 heroic strikes since the DLC dropped.

The crucible drops them too I think? Matches are generally faster than strikes, and it's the element of unpredictability in them that makes them more fun. And, for whatever reason, I enjoy strikes in D2 waaaay more than D1, I'd still prefer to farm crucible than strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    The crucible drops them too I think? Matches are generally faster than strikes, and it's the element of unpredictability in them that makes them more fun. And, for whatever reason, I enjoy strikes in D2 waaaay more than D1, I'd still prefer to farm crucible than strikes.

Yes, crucible drops them. I've 20 of the greens and 3 of the blues atm. Need radiolarian for my current verse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I think I'm only halfway through the verses, although I think I'm on the last step for Perfect Paradox. That ones fun, actual quest feel to it rather than, collect these materials, press this button.

PetKing wrote: »

Heroic strikes will drop 2 amplifiers but PVP has a "Chance" of dropping only 1.
    I ran a few Mayhem matches and was only getting 1 every 2 or 3 games so I went back to farming the strikes.

Interesting:

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/949177784475070464

You need to click in to it to see the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Yes, crucible drops them. I've 20 of the greens and 3 of the blues atm. Need radiolarian for my current verse.

As soon as I got a stack of 10 greens I'd either swap them to 1 blue or else apply it to the verse. Since they have a max quantity you can hold, I found at least I might have a few left over at the end of one verse to put towards the next.

Is there a way to accquire the forge guns elsewhere ? I got a few masterworks ones, but dont want to dismantle them as its against my hoarding nature :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Finished CoO story last night,was a bit meh.

Dont think ill be back till the next dlc,still dont feel like its worth my time logging in during the week. Its not holding my interest sadly.

syboit wrote: »
    As soon as I got a stack of 10 greens I'd either swap them to 1 blue or else apply it to the verse. Since they have a max quantity you can hold, I found at least I might have a few left over at the end of one verse to put towards the next.

Is there a way to accquire the forge guns elsewhere ? I got a few masterworks ones, but dont want to dismantle them as its against my hoarding nature :)

Once you acquire a a forge weapon, it's added to your Mercury level up loot pool.
    When you get all forge weapons, you get the exotic Sagira ghost shell which has a cool feature.. It highlights chests and planetary material on mercury at a massive 75 metres.

You will be collecting tokens to beat the band with this ghost to level up vance and get your weapons back.

Finished the forge weapons yesterday.

Got my Titan to 335 after a really nice run on the Raid Lair. 43 mins, inclusive of waiting a while for the 6th player to turn up.

Think both sections of Argos were done on the first attempt. We also got the bonus chest rings on the first attempt too.

Nailed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Finished the forge weapons yesterday.

Got my Titan to 335 after a really nice run on the Raid Lair. 43 mins, inclusive of waiting a while for the 6th player to turn up.

Think both sections of Argos were done on the first attempt. We also got the bonus chest rings on the first attempt too.

Nailed it!

It was an extremely smooth run in fairness.

Advertisement