Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,303 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eddie come on too **** announce the bloody gig

My guess is The planned Who/Eddie show was cancelled and plans had too change. Its unknown if EV will still actually play here but I'm going too guess Marley Park the week before his London gig

What ? Just what ??
    What gig ?
    What venue?

Now, people are not just dreaming up gigs that MIGHT happen, they are actually cancelling gigs that haven't even been announced !!!!!! :confused: :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Why would The Who cancel an entire European tour based on sales of a show that only went on sale a week or two previously? It really doesn't seem in the realm of reality that they would cancel a tour, and all the logistics that go with that (venue hire, crew/roadie hire, support bookings etc), purely because they didn't sell out Wembely straight away.

And probably wont sell out … due to the price of the tickets !! Robbery, simple as that. :rolleyes: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,207 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Why would The Who cancel an entire European tour based on sales of a show that only went on sale a week or two previously? It really doesn't seem in the realm of reality that they would cancel a tour, and all the logistics that go with that (venue hire, crew/roadie hire, support bookings etc), purely because they didn't sell out Wembely straight away.

Well the info changed to European Exclusive a week or 2 after the gig, so something changed on that and anyway. Whether it impacts the Eddie tour we won't know for certain, but seems strange.

They'd cancel it cos they probably realised the venues were too big with their ridiculous pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

greenspurs wrote: »
    And probably wont sell out … due to the price of the tickets !! Robbery, simple as that. :rolleyes: :mad:

Tickets start at £76 for nosebleeds or you can get lower stand with a straight on view of the stage for £106. While it's not cheap by any means, it's definitely not over the top by today's standards for a full day show with Imelda May, Kaiser Chiefs, full set from Eddie and The Who.

Considering Eddie alone was €100 here, £100 for decent seats and that many bands doesn't seem like a bad deal at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

What ? Just what ??
    What gig ?
    What venue?

The Who at Wembley stadium gig was announced tickets were very expensive - Vedder and Kaiser chiefs supporting, shows were expected elsewhere.

Ticket sales for it were I guess unsurprisingly abysmal, a number of weeks after going on sale gig was declared a European exclusive show. They also added then that Vedder would perform a full set,added Imelda may to the bill and put plus more to the poster also.

• Advertisement

Tickets start at £76 for nosebleeds or you can get lower stand with a straight on view of the stage for £106. While it's not cheap by any means, it's definitely not over the top by today's standards for a full day show with Imelda May, Kaiser Chiefs, full set from Eddie and The Who.

Considering Eddie alone was €100 here, £100 for decent seats and that many bands doesn't seem like a bad deal at all imo.

Yeah I guess you're right it's definitely better than initially advertised, which they would no doubt not amend were tickets flying out from the get go.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,979 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Now rumour is 3rd July in the 3arena

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Can't imagine the Kaiser chiefs are too expensive to book these days. They're supporting loads of acts lately.

those 100 quid tickets, are not what I would call decent seats either. AS high up, and as far away from the band as possible. It's an all seated gig too, which will likely make the stadium feel a bit sparse.

They played a sold out tour only 4 years ago, and sold out 70,000 in Hyde Park with support from Gaz Coombes, Kaizer Chiefs, Johnny Marr and Paul Weller. Which is much better support lineup for the Who. The tickets were a good deal cheaper too.

Plus, that was a greatest hits tour, so people knew exactly what they were going to get. This tour is in support of a new album, so could feature some ropey 15-20 minute new nonsense like they did on their first reunion tour and lost the audience.

Now rumour is 3rd July in the 3arena

Please …………..

Where are you getting this/these rumour/s ?!? :rolleyes:

Yeah I guess you're right it's definitely better than initially advertised, which they would no doubt not amend were tickets flying out from the get go.

Looking at the seat map (you can see exactly what's sold and what's left), it's not like they've sold nothing, a load of sections are already gone and there's several months until the show.

I just think it's a bit mad to make assumptions that they had a whole tour planned (when there was zero indication of this) and then cancelled the lot based on initial ticket sales. I mean if there was a whole tour planned it would make sense that everything would have been announced at once for that leg but some here seem to almost be presenting it as fact that it was planned and cancelled based on the fact they didn't immediately sell out Wembley and cos some lad on the PJ forums said Eddie is coming to Dublin.

• Advertisement

Please …………..

Where are you getting this/these rumour/s ?!? :rolleyes:

On the ten (Pearl Jam) forums

Weepsie wrote: »
    Can't imagine the Kaiser chiefs are too expensive to book these days. They're supporting loads of acts lately. .

They played a car park in Waterford a few years ago …. :D :pac:
    I doubt if anyone could call them a 'top class' headliner ….. Good band, but not a big drawer of crowds !

On the ten (Pearl Jam) forums

and where are they getting it …….?

Off some lad on another forum, whos getting it off some other lad..

Chinese whispers …. :rolleyes:

Weepsie wrote: »
    those 100 quid tickets, are not what I would call decent seats either. AS high up, and as far away from the band as possible. It's an all seated gig too, which will likely make the stadium feel a bit sparse.

There's £106 tickets in sections 112 - 114, the lowest stand before you get to flat seating so it's not the furthest you can be from the band, by any stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thats what they are priced at now ,when they went on sale originally they were higher .
    They cut the prices to boost sales.

Their US tour is tanking ,I got an email last week from Livenation in the US with a special offer of tickets for 33 dollars.
    Look at this seatmap ,they've sold hardly any tickets
    https://www1.ticketmaster.com/the-who-moving-on/event/0200562AC49E517E?mi_u=247177674&f_PPL=true&ab=efeat5787v1

Probably Eddie's dog walkers cousins friend who knows a friend of someone who works for live nation

Probably Eddie's dog walkers cousins friend who knows a friend of someone who works for live nation

Shur it must be true then !!! :D:D:p

If the rumour doesn't come from Dimitri, a hefty quantity of salt should be added.

Looking at the seat map (you can see exactly what's sold and what's left), it's not like they've sold nothing, a load of sections are already gone and there's several months until the show.

I know looks like it'll do grand now but you could see them beforehand too and sales looked slow. The nugget of European exclusive not being displayed on the original announcement did seem a bit dubious whether that was the case or not.

k2l6ku4ius6d.jpg

melt down as Eddie is not in pinkpop so the list is deemed fake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Plus there is definitely something else on in that Rotterdam venue on that date.

Yeah I can't see dates going round so loosely in WhatsApp either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Of course it's Chinese whispers...do you not understand concert rumours?! :rolleyes:

Of course it's Chinese whispers...do you not understand concert rumours?! :rolleyes:

I don't understand the obsession with the constant makey up dates and venues...

I should probably just unfollow it really..... ;)

I don't understand the obsession with the constant makey up dates and venues...

I should probably just unfollow it really..... ;)

That's what 95% of the gig threads on boards are about...
    This isn't the place for you it seems. ;)

Shouldnt all the rumours be put into the 2019 Gigs (confirmed and RUMOURS) thread then ??

as the name suggests ?

Shouldnt all the rumours be put into the 2019 Gigs (confirmed and RUMOURS) thread then ??

as the name suggests ?

Then youd have a superthread nobody would read

Then youd have a superthread nobody would read

And there is another plain and simple Pearl Jam thread ……… :D

That's what 95% of the gig threads on boards are about...
    This isn't the place for you it seems. ;)

To be fair, most of the threads on the gigs forum are discussions about confirmed events or rumours about acts for confirmed festivals. This thread is about last summers PJ tour which is very much over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

I just seen this was announced, have there been gigs in St. Annes Park before? - This could be a new venue for EV :D

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1105861209600000001

Advertisement