Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,210 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DC10555 wrote: »
    I just seen this was announced, have there been gigs in St. Annes Park before? - This could be a new venue for EV :D

https://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/1105861209600000001

It's only 3 gigs, Kodaline have 2 then there's this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

grimm2005 wrote: »
    To be fair, most of the threads on the gigs forum are discussions about confirmed events or rumours about acts for confirmed festivals. This thread is about last summers PJ tour which is very much over.

No point starting a new thread though is there? Serves absolutely no purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

No point starting a new thread though is there? Serves absolutely no purpose

By that logic you might as well use the Eddie thread from the 2017 gig so as it would be more accurate at this point. The purpose of starting a new thread is that keeping all the old ones active for gigs and fests would be messy. You wouldn't use the EP 2017 thread for 2018 and 2019 because it would be all over the place and hard to follow.

Anyway, the main point I was making was that saying 95% of threads in the gigs forum are purely for speculation and rumour is disingenuous.

By that logic you might as well use the Eddie thread from the 2017 gig so as it would be more accurate at this point. The purpose of starting a new thread is that keeping all the old ones active for gigs and fests would be messy. You wouldn't use the EP 2017 thread for 2018 and 2019 because it would be all over the place and hard to follow.

Anyway, the main point I was making was that saying 95% of threads in the gigs forum are purely for speculation and rumour is disingenuous.

Threads are kept open so as not! to make things messy, especially threads with little traffic.
    And as you well know, threads are littered with speculation, anything from dates to set lists, to guest appearances, whether it's solo or band gigs...all part of the circle of life...if you don't want to partake, you don't have to....see you in Tramore for Eddie and Marilyn Manson. ;)

Threads are kept open so as not! to make things messy, especially threads with little traffic.
    And as you well know, threads are littered with speculation, anything from dates to set lists, to guest appearances, whether it's solo or band gigs...all part of the circle of life...if you don't want to partake, you don't have to....see you in Tramore for Eddie and Marilyn Manson. ;)

Again by that logic this thread shouldn't exist, the Pearl Jam gig thread from 2010 should have been bumped for the 2018 tour and when it became clear PJ weren't playing this year, the Eddie 2017 gig thread would have been the more appropriate place to continue. That sounds a lot messier and exactly why it doesn't happen.

Ah yes, you're talking about speculation based in reality. But you called out greenspurs for making a valid point that this thread has gone hilariously pie in the sky with some of the suggestions made based on very little or no facts and questioning the point of it (don't get me wrong, I think it's hilarious but he has a point). Doesn't change the fact that 95% of the threads aren't based on wild speculation ;)

Also, my cousin's girlfriends brother knows an intern who works in MCD and they confirmed that Pearl Jam are definitely playing the Odyssey arena in Belfast and Eddie will be doing a full solo set beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

This is definitely the most pathetic thread under the gigs/events heading on boards.

Actually pop in every now and again for a laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

This is definitely the most pathetic thread under the gigs/events heading on boards.

Actually pop in every now and again for a laugh

If you want worse, check the pearl jam forums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I think what's happened here was that the Who where planning a European tour with Eddie as support. The sales for the Wembley gig went so bad that was made into a European exclusive, with Eddie Bumped up to co headliner.

They scrapped the rest of the tour as it wouldn't be profitable for the venues the had booked and a smaller venue would lead to massive ticket prices and small crowds.

This whole thread and the PJ form has been full of speculation for ages. Everything from people on here saying Malahide Castle with PJ was a done deal to EV and the who was a done deal. In reality it's been a **** show.

piplip87 wrote: »
    I think what's happened here was that the Who where planning a European tour with Eddie as support. The sales for the Wembley gig went so bad that was made into a European exclusive, with Eddie Bumped up to co headliner.

They scrapped the rest of the tour as it wouldn't be profitable for the venues the had booked and a smaller venue would lead to massive ticket prices and small crowds.

This whole thread and the PJ form has been full of speculation for ages. Everything from people on here saying Malahide Castle with PJ was a done deal to EV and the who was a done deal. In reality it's been a **** show.

No...Just no, thats not at all how tours work

Again by that logic this thread shouldn't exist, the Pearl Jam gig thread from 2010 should have been bumped for the 2018 tour and when it became clear PJ weren't playing this year, the Eddie 2017 gig thread would have been the more appropriate place to continue. That sounds a lot messier and exactly why it doesn't happen.

Ah yes, you're talking about speculation based in reality. But you called out greenspurs for making a valid point that this thread has gone hilariously pie in the sky with some of the suggestions made based on very little or no facts and questioning the point of it (don't get me wrong, I think it's hilarious but he has a point). Doesn't change the fact that 95% of the threads aren't based on wild speculation ;)

Also, my cousin's girlfriends brother knows an intern who works in MCD and they confirmed that Pearl Jam are definitely playing the Odyssey arena in Belfast and Eddie will be doing a full solo set beforehand.

Can't bump 2010 threads as they are what's known as zombie threads...they get shut down and people get rapped on the knuckles for resurrecting them ... but I'm sure you know this?

Anyways...this is beyond the pale now...so I'm just going to keep watching and see if any announcements are made

• Advertisement

Can't bump 2010 threads as they are what's known as zombie threads...they get shut down and people get rapped on the knuckles for resurrecting them ... but I'm sure you know this?

Anyways...this is beyond the pale now...so I'm just going to keep watching and see if any announcements are made

I do know that, hence why I brought it up as it goes against the point you were making. I'd agree that this thread is definitely beyond the pale at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭flasher0030

If we ban speculation on gigs, what else is there to talk about for Pearl Jam or EV. Haven't had an album in yonks, and anything that they released in the last decade hasn't been up top much.

If we ban speculation on gigs, what else is there to talk about for Pearl Jam or EV. Haven't had an album in yonks, and anything that they released in the last decade hasn't been up top much.

I wasn't even advocating a ban on speculation, just agreeing with others how ridiculous some of the makey up rumours or ideas are in this thread relative to anything else on this forum and defending their point.

That being said, it was mentioned earlier as well, that the rock and metal forum already has a general Pearl Jam thread for talk on all things PJ which perhaps would make more sense as a place to discuss potential gigs and such rather than keeping alive a thread started in 2017 for a 2018 summer tour :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Advert on german newspaper for june 30th concert (Image attached). Hopefully complete tour gets announced today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

ny4z3uai4ox6.jpg.1bfdf4be83b5d5581065151ba93735e0.jpg

*looks in*

"It's happening" !!!

*Runs away quickly*

• Registered Users Posts: 37,988 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hopefully date and venue will be announced today sometime or very very soon

Bord Gais Theatre ??

This looks fairly concrete anyway...unless there's some reeeealy bored folks out there

3arena 3rd July with Glen Hansard

Bad date for me, might be able to make it work but dunno if I'm pushed. Even though knew it wasn't happening, pity no return to Cork too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

D1ptCG5X0AItdh-.jpg:large

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Excellent

Space of a month for me

Metallica
    Bon Jovi
    Liam Gallagher
    Eddie Vedder
    Eagles

Start saving now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Big load of meh. The "one man and his ukelele with obligatory Glen Hansard guest spot" show. I'll leave it so.

246 USD for a pair of 10C tickets in Dublin :(

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    246 USD for a pair of 10C tickets in Dublin :(

And that's the cheapest of the lot...madness

It was 214 dollars the last time he came for some perspective...and I can't see the set being too much different!
    Still put my name down for it though....because last time was out of this world!!!!

They're middle tickets, not the best, not the worst!

Well I'll be damned, I guess I have a hat or two to eat, but either way, happy days.
    Tickets from €69.50 Incl. booking fee.
    According to MCD.
    I'm guessing thats the cheapest seats.
    240 dollars for 2 MUST be the better seats???

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Col Jack ONeill

Anyone know when the tickets are on sale?

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the tickets are on sale?

3Arena, Dublin: Wednesday, July 3rd 2019.
    Tickets go on sale Friday 22nd March at 9am.
    Tickets from €69.50 Incl. booking fee.
    Limited to 4 per person/transaction

Advertisement