Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

EyesClosed wrote: »
    You guys are insane

Have faith my child

https://pasteboard.co/I2QFjpj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I really want to unfollow this thread but I feel that if I do, I'll miss a gig announcement. Damn you all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Apparently the First Monday in April is the day it will be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Peter File wrote: »
    Apparently the First Monday in April is the day it will be announced.

:D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Suckit wrote: »
    It's happening! :pac:

You said, with great certainty, that Pearl Jam was happening. Forgive me for my scepticism.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Penfailed wrote: »
    You said, with great certainty, that Pearl Jam was happening. Forgive me for my scepticism.

Nothing is happening. This thread is just madness at this stage. I am enjoying the madness though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Even if Eddie is announced for Malahide i prob still wont go ha. Id be afraid if it pisses rain for the whole gig it will take away from it. Also for me i dont know if he can top the 3Arena show:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Even if Eddie is announced for Malahide i prob still wont go ha. Id be afraid if it pisses rain for the whole gig it will take away from it. Also for me i dont know if he can top the 3Arena show:pac::pac:

I'll not be going either. I'm a Pearl Jam fan...not a massive fan of Eddie Vedder solo stuff especially when you take ticket prices into account.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Still hoping for a Pearl Jam show in Malahide myself. The whole band will come over for a one off show in Ireland.... won't they? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nothing is happening. This thread is just madness at this stage. I am enjoying the madness though.

The worst bit is the radio silence from Dimitri. He's reliable, wouldn't mess around but hasn't said anything in a while. Although the last tour was announced ages after the first gigs IIRC, so could be just that.

I do think something has happened because of the Who gig becoming a Euro exclusive in London though, hopefully they're working on something

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »
    The worst bit is the radio silence from Dimitri. He's reliable, wouldn't mess around but hasn't said anything in a while. Although the last tour was announced ages after the first gigs IIRC, so could be just that.

I do think something has happened because of the Who gig becoming a Euro exclusive in London though, hopefully they're working on something

Maybe they are waiting till Brexit goes through so it wont count as an EU exclusive ha.

The only way we might get a PJ show is if they are doing Glasto imo but i aint holding my breath anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Maybe they are waiting till Brexit goes through so it wont count as an EU exclusive ha.

The only way we might get a PJ show is if they are doing Glasto imo but i aint holding my breath anymore

I've no ambition for a PJ show, would be beyond shocked if it happened

Mushy wrote: »
    I've no ambition for a PJ show, would be beyond shocked if it happened

At this very late stage I would be beyond shocked if anything happened :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Penfailed wrote: »

I can't blame you. I even have some myself at times :eek:
    I said within the same couple of days (possibly within 24hours) that it may just be EV, as the info was coming from somebody in politics and may have just heard his name, and said PJ. I mentioned all that before it blew up to crazyland, and no gigs had yet been mentioned.

I didn't speculate about it, I just posted exactly what I was told when I was told it.

Everything else I have ever said anywhere on the internet, including this thread is probably speculation about anything. But that isn't. :)
    It isn't my speculation - and I believe it. Both the person who told me, and the person who the info was coming from have been very quiet in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

It isn't my speculation - and I believe it. Both the person who told me, and the person who the info was coming from have been very quiet in recent weeks.

Send him an oul text and tell him he's driving half of Boards up the walls.

We don't need to know the date or anything, just a yes or no at this stage!

UsedToWait wrote: »

Or you could just ignore his chinese whispers, which is literally all he has

I was told a definite yes a while back.
    I just sent a reluctant text... :grimace:

I didn't want to annoy them, but I added light humour in the hope that they would reply. Now I wait, and cringe as long as there's no reply (not somebody I know particularly well).
    There is also a poster on North County Dublin forum that would definitely know the answer.. I saw his name on a few threads ;).

I didn't want to annoy them, but I added light humour in the hope that they would reply. Now I wait, and cringe as long as there's no reply (not somebody I know particularly well).
    There is also a poster on North County Dublin forum that would definitely know the answer.. I saw his name on a few threads ;).

Yeay more Chinese whispers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Have it on good authority the full tour will be announced on the 29th Feb

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Have it on good authority the full tour will be announced on the 29th Feb
    Eddie himself text you yea?

• Advertisement

Yeah after I got off the phone with Bono

Yeah after I got off the phone with Bono
    Ahh well I rather you said that so, much better than a mystery "good authority".

Ahh well I rather you said that so, much better than a mystery "good authority".

Talk of a small Eddie set next too the Luke Kelly head too. Apparently Glen Hansard will join him

Talk of a small Eddie set next too the Luke Kelly head too. Apparently Glen Hansard will join him
    Talk of??? Just cause you made it up and stuck it here, doesn't mean anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Talk of??? Just cause you made it up and stuck it here, doesn't mean anything.

Read the date in his post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Read the date in his post ;)

I was waiting to see how long it would take for them to realise. :rolleyes:

Did he blank you Suckit?

Did he blank you Suckit?
    Yep.
    :eek:

Yep.
    :eek:

So, you're saying there's still a chance!

;)

• Advertisement

So, you're saying there's still a chance!

;)
    :D

I kinda knew I'd get blanked.. :o I know the person is very busy, and probably gets asked stuff all the time. I never ask, so now I'm probably on the naughty list...

The last thing they said to me was that the gig is on..

Advertisement