Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearl Jam European Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Suckit wrote: »
    :D

I kinda knew I'd get blanked.. :o I know the person is very busy, and probably gets asked stuff all the time. I never ask, so now I'm probably on the naughty list...

The last thing they said to me was that the gig is on..

W.u.m.

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

greenspurs wrote: »
    W.u.m.

We'll see. I've no doubt I'll bump into them, but I don't know when, or if they'll give any more info. :)
    Somebody here said that tomorrow is the announcement for the European tour.
    I haven't claimed to have any information about anything else. I posted everything I was told about this, here as I got it (which wasn't much/anything) - PJ became EV in Malahide.
    I can tell you, if I was being a wum, I would have done things a lot differently. Would have been more elaborate for a start ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Suckit wrote: »
    We'll see. I've no doubt I'll bump into them, but I don't know when, or if they'll give any more info. :)
    Somebody here said that tomorrow is the announcement for the European tour.
    I haven't claimed to have any information about anything else. I posted everything I was told about this, here as I got it (which wasn't much/anything) - PJ became EV in Malahide.
    I can tell you, if I was being a wum, I would have done things a lot differently. Would have been more elaborate for a start ;).

Yeah heard Feb 29th will be the tour announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Hall and Oates announced for Iveagh Gardens on July 5th.....so my prediction is EV there on July 3rd or 4th before London on the 6th with the Who ;).....Dimi already ruled out Malahide Castle on PJ forum .....just hope to f××k its announced soon.

In Iveagh Gardens?

Of course. Makes sense now. Might do a lunch gig in Whelan's too

• Advertisement

Of course. Makes sense now. Might do a lunch gig in Whelan's too

:) time will tell i suppose .......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mumford and Sons adds another Malahide date: 15th June.

Yet another nail in the coffin of this utterly deluded saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

grimm2005 wrote: »

What are you talking about?
    Eddie is gonna be there, he moonlights with mumford all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The one trusty source for EV/PJ tour news said Irish fans will be happy, no mention of Malahide from that source either so still hopeful. Last time the tour wasn't announced till March, so here we are

Mushy wrote:
    The one trusty source for EV/PJ tour news said Irish fans will be happy, no mention of Malahide from that source either so still hopeful. Last time the tour wasn't announced till March, so here we are

When Malahide was put to Dimi as a location few weeks back , he replied saying the EV gig would NOT be there.
    I agree with you that he's the only rumour source i pay attention to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

When Malahide was put to Dimi as a location few weeks back , he replied saying the EV gig would NOT be there.

Couldn't agree more. The recent posts from Dimi are telling people to be patient, so we wait. The last European Tour was announced on 6th March so we seem to be approaching the time when a full tour would be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Dimi also ruled out Iveagh Gardens as the venue a few weeks back on the Ten Club facebook page but that was when it was looking like Eddie would support The Who in a large outdoor venue in Dublin so things may have changed.

the wait goes on it seems for the Eddie gig

He is in Europe this summer and theres big gaps in his scheudule and then the guy in the PH fourms siad us irish will be happy

Its quite possible it was a show with who but they pulled out and were still in limbo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the wait goes on it seems for the Eddie gig

He is in Europe this summer and theres big gaps in his scheudule and then the guy in the PH fourms siad us irish will be happy

Its quite possible it was a show with who but they pulled out and were still in limbo

Or it's all made up :pac:

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Or it's all made up :pac:

I hope this thread never ends. Eddie for EP?

I hope this thread never ends. Eddie for EP?

Eddie is deffo gonna play in 2020. Might as well start the rumour now. It's the new AC/DC for slane.

I heard AC/DC are getting back together with Eddie as front man, Slane 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,333 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Eddie is deffo gonna play in 2020. Might as well start the rumour now. It's the new AC/DC for slane.

I heard AC/DC are getting back together with Eddie as front man, Slane 2020.

I heard its Malahide 2020 …………………………………….. :rolleyes: :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    I heard its Malahide 2020 …………………………………….. :rolleyes: :P

Na, I know someone who once visitied Malahide and he said it's Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Posted by Live Nation España an hour ago. The yellow text translates to "If you wait for a signal it's this!" - It's happening! :D

https://twitter.com/LiveNationES/status/1105079252532240388

• Registered Users Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

DC10555 wrote: »
    Posted by Live Nation España an hour ago. The yellow text translates to "If you wait for a signal it's this!" - It's happening! :D

7drHiqr.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,269 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wednesday I'd almost say, surely this week though!

That new festival announcing on Wednesday too

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Mushy wrote: »
    Wednesday I'd almost say, surely this week though!

That new festival announcing on Wednesday too

EP Lineup is also gonna be announced this week - Is it possible he's doing EP? :eek:

DC10555 wrote: »
    EP Lineup is also gonna be announced this week - Is it possible he's doing EP? :eek:

Not a chance .
    EP is sold out ,no incentive to get big acts .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Not a chance .
    EP is sold out ,no incentive to get big acts .

While I agree i don't think EV will be at EP there is always an incentive to have big acts at EP despite it being sold out.

Eddie come on too **** announce the bloody gig

My guess is The planned Who/Eddie show was cancelled and plans had too change. Its unknown if EV will still actually play here but I'm going too guess Marley Park the week before his London gig

While I agree i don't think EV will be at EP there is always an incentive to have big acts at EP despite it being sold out.

Not sure about that ,as European festivals go the lineups at Electric Picnic have been very weak over the last few years.

Or it's all made up pacman.gif

How about a charity bet?

Don't they do Marley park concerts in block dates so they would take place the week before or after Longitude (5th/6th and 7th July)

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Not EP anyway - still hope for somewhere

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Eddie come on too **** announce the bloody gig

My guess is The planned Who/Eddie show was cancelled and plans had too change. Its unknown if EV will still actually play here but I'm going too guess Marley Park the week before his London gig

Why would The Who cancel an entire European tour based on sales of a show that only went on sale a week or two previously? It really doesn't seem in the realm of reality that they would cancel a tour, and all the logistics that go with that (venue hire, crew/roadie hire, support bookings etc), purely because they didn't sell out Wembely straight away.

Advertisement