Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You can tell by the lack of posts in this thread just how uninteresting the Premier League is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Yeah, was fairly un-entertaining - although Mensur played some great stuff against Sour Puss Wright

There's a lad on Twitter does some great stat analysis if you're into that sort of thing - apparently Mensur threw 70 consecutive darts at treble 20 without hitting a 1, T1 5 or T5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Kingp35 wrote: »
    You can tell by the lack of posts in this thread just how uninteresting the Premier League is.

It seems to get worse every year. Usually I watch it untill around now when the evenings get brighter, but I literally haven't watched 1 game this year. Roll on the finals night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

i wonder what viewing figures are like
    its the only darts on tv i dont want to watch

Hard to get accurate viewing figures these days, more people watch illegally than subscribed to sky I'd say. Poor viewing figures on sky anyway 100k most I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Hard to get accurate viewing figures these days, more people watch illegally than subscribed to sky I'd say. Poor viewing figures on sky anyway 100k most I'd say

It's a crap, glorified exhibition. Players seem uninterested and it's gone completely stale.

I'll only watch it if I stumble across it whereas I watched all of the UK Open last weekend.

TbL

It's a crap, glorified exhibition. Players seem uninterested and it's gone completely stale.

I'll only watch it if I stumble across it whereas I watched all of the UK Open last weekend.

TbL

I've more interest in the players championship in Barnsley this weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Premier League is now definitely boring, MVG, Anderson and to a lesser extent Cross, playing each other is the only games I might tune in to watch.

Maybe, some kind of a change in the format could help.

Trebles for show as they say

Some man for the stats, that lad - been following him on Twitter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Missed the Smith v Wright game but for the games I seen, was definitely one of the better nights so far.

Gurney v Whitlock was a decent game but let himself(Gurney) down at the end again with the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

yeah guerney seems to create a siege mentality in his head , not sure thats good in the long run

Seems to be quite a bit of 'luck of the draw' in this format - Michael Smith racked up 6 handy points in the first three rounds beating people out of form (sub 90 Ave), whereas others , maybe like Gerwyn Price seem to keep meeting players when they are in form

Suppose it levels itself out after a while

Still haven't managed to watch more than 10 minutes of it this year. Going by the thread, no one else watching it either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Still haven't managed to watch more than 10 minutes of it this year. Going by the thread, no one else watching it either..

Im watching it in between the evening racing at Chelmsford...pretty brutal fare...Snakebite is gone to the dogs just like this whole premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Watching it myself. Anderson and Whitlock was a decent match scoring wise but Whitlock didn't really threaten I thought.
    Barney saying there he didn't think Wright will turn up next week. Got another hammering tonight

Im watching it in between the evening racing at Chelmsford...pretty brutal fare...Snakebite is gone to the dogs just like this whole premier league.

I reckon him seeing cross coming out of nowhere and winning everything, while he's grafting for years and can't do much, has really ruined his confidence. Could be the Gaul stones too but that last last November

I reckon him seeing cross coming out of nowhere and winning everything, while he's grafting for years and can't do much, has really ruined his confidence. Could be the Gaul stones too but that last last November

They reckon he lost a good bit of weight from it and his stance is different but like you said that was November should been sorted by now.
    Keeps changing darts every week too.

They reckon he lost a good bit of weight from it and his stance is different but like you said that was November should been sorted by now.
    Keeps changing darts every week too.

In fairness he's always been changing his darts and it never effected him. Sad to see anyway because I think he deserved a big tittle, at least the premier league last year. If MvG wasn't around snakebite would have dominated darts for 2 or 3, years mad

In fairness he's always been changing his darts and it never effected him. Sad to see anyway because I think he deserved a big tittle, at least the premier league last year. If MvG wasn't around snakebite would have dominated darts for 2 or 3, years mad

I know he won the UK open but is that even a big one any more I don't know.

• Advertisement

I know he won the UK open but is that even a big one any more I don't know.

Smallest of the big ones imo...if that makes sense haha

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Price is growing on me slightly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Price is growing on me slightly

Like a fungus??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Crowd gave him awful **** there ,wasn't right

seanhynes wrote: »
    Crowd gave him awful **** there ,wasn't right

Was his own fault.

Was his own fault.

What did he do? Don't see why everyone dislikes price so much. Is it because he's in shape or something? He comes across well in his interviews, never sounds cocky or anything

What did he do? Don't see why everyone dislikes price so much. Is it because he's in shape or something? He comes across well in his interviews, never sounds cocky or anything

The crowd started booing and he started waving and clapping walking back from every throw.
    Basically he was getting stuck into it himself,he should of just kept his head down,played his darts and they would have gotten bored.
    Honestly I dont get the hatred for the man,I dont like him but dont dislike him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

The crowd started booing and he started waving and clapping walking back from every throw.
    Basically he was getting stuck into it himself,he should of just kept his head down,played his darts and they would have gotten bored.
    Honestly I dont get the hatred for the man,I dont like him but dont dislike him either.

Crowd was booing since first note of the walkout song. Him being welsh maybe caused it ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I didn't watch any of last night either, more than likely I'll just watch judgement night and then the playoffs.

Wright looks like he is in serious trouble, as does Price. The Premier League is relentless and doesn't allow you to have a break. It seems as if both players are bery low on confidence. It will be interesting to see how they got on in the European Championships this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

First time I've been able to watch a full night

Gurney was clinical in his win, Suljovic seems happy to just trot along with the 100ish average.
    MVG is a sick puppy when he wants to be
    Glad to see Whitlock show a little bit of fight in defeat to Anderson where a couple of years ago he would've thrown in the towel.
    Has Wright been that bad all year? Confidence seems shot. Barney didn't even have to get into second gear.

I like Price, but you can see he's given up. Playing to the crowd a bit more (which I don't mind) - just hope his form doesn't go out the window for the rest of the year like Webster's did the year he was in the PL.

Advertisement