Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Is it still best of 12 now that's there's 1 less game?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is it still best of 12 now that's there's 1 less game?
    There’s still the same amount of games because two will play twice a night from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

best of 12 legs in each game, some of the players playing twice to keep 10 match event going on. Further details below.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/04/09/unibet-premier-league-nights-ten-15-fixtures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Carpentry wrote: »
    best of 12 legs in each game, some of the players playing twice to keep 10 match event going on. Further details below.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/04/09/unibet-premier-league-nights-ten-15-fixtures

Doesn't this happen every year? After 2 get eliminated, players play twice in remaining weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Doesn't this happen every year? After 2 get eliminated, players play twice in remaining weeks.

I thinks it's always been the way.

They need to shake it up. It's been poor this year and another few weeks of matches before it's decided who gets to finals night holds very little interest.

• Advertisement

I wonder for the second phase of the PL should they all go back to zero points. With once win MvG is probably through to finals night and the same for Smith nearly. Wright could win his 5 matches and only match the points total MvG has now. Put them all on zero and it would be a lot more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I wonder for the second phase of the PL should they all go back to zero points. With once win MvG is probably through to finals night and the same for Smith nearly. Wright could win his 5 matches and only match the points total MvG has now. Put them all on zero and it would be a lot more interesting.

Kinda penalises the guys that did well at the start though.

Agree that they need to shake it up as it's dying a death.

For some of the games it's like watching two mid table football teams playing a end of season game with nothing at stake. You might watch it hoping to see some good football but the result is of no consequence

I never go out of my way to watch it anymore as it's bored me ****less for ages

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

It's selling out fifteen ~8K capacity arenas at minimum £25 a ticket. It's hardly dying a death.

Zeroing the points after phase 1 is a non-runner. Where would be the incentive for players who've got 8 points on board after 6 weeks to keep playing their best through weeks 7-9. Basically the same problem you've identified except you've brought it back earlier.

In theory the 10K/20K gap in prizemoney between each spot should be some sort of incentive for the likes of Wright to continue doing his best in Phase 2. Winning one best of 12leg game potentially gets you the same prizemoney as winning through a 150 player field in a leisure centre on Saturday.

I know I'm in a minority but I've actually enjoyed this season - Cross and Gurney have been good debutants and great to see Michael Smith back playing well. Better than the Lewis/Wade borefests of the last few years.

It's selling out fifteen ~8K capacity arenas at minimum £25 a ticket. It's hardly dying a death.

Zeroing the points after phase 1 is a non-runner. Where would be the incentive for players who've got 8 points on board after 6 weeks to keep playing their best through weeks 7-9. Basically the same problem you've identified except you've brought it back earlier.

In theory the 10K/20K gap in prizemoney between each spot should be some sort of incentive for the likes of Wright to continue doing his best in Phase 2. Winning one best of 12leg game potentially gets you the same prizemoney as winning through a 150 player field in a leisure centre on Saturday.

I know I'm in a minority but I've actually enjoyed this season - Cross and Gurney have been good debutants and great to see Michael Smith back playing well. Better than the Lewis/Wade borefests of the last few years.

It's a night out on the piss AJ with some darts entertainment thrown in, be interesting to see the tv viewing figures.

I think it's dire stuff, a draw in darts, ffs who came up with that daft idea.

I'd watch tournament darts on a dodgy stream all day every day instead of this over hyped glorified exhibition.

TbL

I think the PL in the UK has gone beyond saturation point. I wouldn't be surprised if
    the night added in Rotterdam this year was followed with one in Germany next year. The game is very popular there. Most nights seem to be selling out in the UK but I wonder if they are just about selling out or would they fill the place twice over and I reckon it's the former.

Darts works when it's a knock out. A league format especially over 15 weeks fizzles out quickly enough.

• Advertisement

Easter didnt stop Germans for selling out 3 days in Munich. Place was packed, first game going at 1pm local time. It was European Tour, but still same faces coming through.

Just stop fcuking moaning and enjoy the game, if not, dont watch it, do a crosswords instead.

Easter didnt stop Germans for selling out 3 days in Munich. Place was packed, first game going at 1pm local time. It was European Tour, but still same faces coming through.

Just stop fcuking moaning and enjoy the game, if not, dont watch it, do a crosswords instead.

They were some cross words anyway!

Thanks for the considered advise Carpentry.

It case it has escaped you, this is an opinion board and my opinion is that it's dire and rapidly getting stale.

I might watch part of it tonight, while doing a crossword and come back later to moan about it if that's ok with you.

Meanwhile Carpentry, why you don't you get back to hammering nails into planks of wood, I'm sure it's therapeutic

TbL

Thanks for the considered advise Carpentry.

It case it has escaped you, this is an opinion board and my opinion is that it's dire and rapidly getting stale.

I might watch part of it tonight, while doing a crossword and come back later to moan about it if that's ok with you.

Meanwhile Carpentry, why you don't you get back to hammering nails into planks of wood, I'm sure it's therapeutic

TbL

I have nothing to do with carpentry and hammering nails, sorry do disappoint. But I guess your nick suits you just as good.

It didnt escape my opinion thats opinion board, but reading same sh!te every Thursday before the games, making me sick, especially that is coming from the same crowd. You calling that opinion ? ha ha ha

I have nothing to do with carpentry and hammering nails, sorry do disappoint. But I guess your nick suits you just as good.

It didnt escape my opinion thats opinion board, but reading same sh!te every Thursday before the games, making me sick, especially that is coming from the same crowd. You calling that opinion ? ha ha ha

Just stop fcuking moaning and enjoy the thread, if not, dont read it, do a crosswords instead.

TbL

Just stop fcuking moaning and enjoy the thread, if not, dont read it, do a crosswords instead.

TbL

People like you prevent me from enjoying it. I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

2 down
    Clue - judgement night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Stop the bickering everyone. Differing opinions is what keeps this forum active.

I've got my crossword ready for tonight, and I'm stuck, clue says monotony/boredom & premier league darts, 6 letter word starts with "t"

I thought it was turgid but the clue for the word down starting on the the last letter is "Carpentry" and it's a 9 letter word starting with "m".

I think that word is "miserable" so maybe the other word is "tedium" :)

Lighten up Carpentry life's too short

TbL

Sorry

Posted above before I saw mod note, it was meant in jest (as hopefully evidenced by the last sentence)

TbL

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Stop the bickering everyone. Differing opinions is what keeps this forum active.

I don't agree :pac:

I don't agree :pac:

😂Good man Bob, that's you banned for a month :)

��Good man Bob, that's you banned for a month :)

Fcuk yiz all so...yiz can do yizzer own scores for the PL comp.

Fcuk yiz all so...yiz can do yizzer own scores for the PL comp.

Bob on, doesn't affect me :)

TbL

Bob on, doesn't affect me :)

TbL

Post up your scores there, if you're not in you can't win.

I've got my crossword ready for tonight, and I'm stuck, clue says monotony/boredom & premier league darts, 6 letter word starts with "t"

I thought it was turgid but the clue for the word down starting on the the last letter is "Carpentry" and it's a 9 letter word starting with "m".

I think that word is "miserable" so maybe the other word is "tedium" :)

Lighten up Carpentry life's too short

TbL

Telling me that life is too short /according to statistics I have still about treble 16 left/, while trying to invent crossword related insult pointed at me.

gez29.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Bit disappointed with that montage tribute to Eric, thought it could have been a lot better and why on earth leave the last word to Taylor

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 28,706 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

peteeeed wrote: »

He needs to stop changing his darts though! He's getting hammered here.

• Advertisement

Cross and Smith is the best hope for a decent match tonight.

Advertisement