Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Re Wright, looks like the head is gone altogether. There was something up there in Rd 2 or 3 when he had a go at Rob Cross, who seems about the most unoffensive lad around. Out of character for Wright too, but a sign of something amiss in my view

Agree with previous poster on Price, looks like he's given up on Premier League, he was far too quick to get involved with the crowd, was actually playing ok up to that last night

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

boomdocker wrote: »
    Re Wright, looks like the head is gone altogether. There was something up there in Rd 2 or 3 when he had a go at Rob Cross, who seems about the most unoffensive lad around. Out of character for Wright too, but a sign of something amiss in my view

Agree with previous poster on Price, looks like he's given up on Premier League, he was far too quick to get involved with the crowd, was actually playing ok up to that last night

the commentators have mentioned a couple of times a shoulder injury but don't give much detail about it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Price nearly getting the greatest ever finish in the competition 120, went for 3 double tops , got 2 although the match was over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Enjoyed that game . Smith is annoyingly good. How smooth is that throw.

Feel for price, he has played well most weeks doubles letting him down. That 3 X tops would have been beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kentoccfc

Price might relax a bit next week, could be dangerous for Whitlock.

MVG & RVB up next, fully expecting a 7-2/7-3 for
    MVG

• Advertisement

kentoccfc wrote: »
    Price might relax a bit next week, could be dangerous for Whitlock.

MVG & RVB up next, fully expecting a 7-2/7-3 for
    MVG

Spot on. My predictions for tonight have been horrendous. MvG hasn't played his best in over a year now and he is still miles better than anyone. Barney just missed too many doubles

Good luck to Cross in that atmosphere

He’s dealing with it superbly. Great player to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

kentoccfc wrote: »
    He’s dealing with it superbly. Great player to watch

I said during the world's that he has got some amount of bottle....nothing seems to faze him at all.

I said during the world's that he has got some amount of bottle....nothing seems to faze him at all.

Oops I may have put the mockers on Cross...seems to have lost that bottle lol

• Advertisement

What a game! Unbelievable scoring by Gurney

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Oops I may have put the mockers on Cross...seems to have lost that bottle lol

For once it was Gurney who didn't bottle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

I'm really impressed with Cross, excellent player and seems to be a really nice guy too.

TbL

Really enjoyed that game...Im not Gurneys biggest fan but kinda glad to see him close a match out for once

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No bother to Gurney, Cross wilted badly at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Wright v Whitlock, battle of the sh1te hair cuts :)

TbL

Janey Mack, Peter Wright is throwing some wild darts

Anyone else can’t stand Rod Harrington on commentary?

He’s absolutely awful

Yeah, he's brutal in fairness

A bit unfair on the last two to have to follow Gurney v Cross, looks like half the crowd went home!

Suljovic probably down with Price

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Just hope Gurney can play smart after tonight, would have won over a good few plaudits tonight and up to him now to keep them onside and no more childish antics on stage..

And fair play to Cross, he could have spat the dummy when things went against him but no, he smiled and tried get through it..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Sulijovic and price relegated

I wonder have the players been told about the sad news ??. They seem a bit off . Very sad and condolences to all in the darting world and too Eric's family and friends

Just read he had a heart attack in the arena in Liverpool. Was wondering why his name was being sung.
    Only 60. Darting legend. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I can't find the fixtures for this Thursday. Anybody know who's playing who?

I can't find the fixtures for this Thursday. Anybody know who's playing who?

I looked this morning. On the pdc site it's still to be announced.

https://www.pdc.tv/node/7654

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I looked this morning. On the pdc site it's still to be announced.

https://www.pdc.tv/node/7654

Seems very strange 3 days before the event

Night Ten - April 12
    The FlyDSA Arena, Sheffield
    Raymond van Barneveld v Daryl Gurney
    Gary Anderson v Peter Wright
    Simon Whitlock v Michael van Gerwen
    Michael Smith v Rob Cross
    Raymond van Barneveld v Peter Wright

Barney plays MvG in Holland I think

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Surprised they didn't postpone this week's fixtures for Bristows funeral (if there having it this week)

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Surprised they didn't postpone this week's fixtures for Bristows funeral (if there having it this week)

I suspect that was considered seeing how slow they were to release the fixtures, but there's literally no time to replay it

Advertisement