Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Darts 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I should have put money on that.. Damn!

So what's going wrong with Rob then?

Didn't the same kinda thing happen Gary Anderson after his 1st world title...he said it was tiredness from all the media sh1te that comes from being world champion.
    Life changing stuff for Cross,give him 6 months imo and he be back on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,687 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not a MVG fan myself but credit where its due, that was a fantastic checkout a minute ago.

Great match this between him and Snakebite

Great win by Wright there, especially as he was very unlucky not to finish it minutes later.

Really enjoyed that match

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't express fully just how much I hate Gerwyn Price.

He embodies everything you despised in the class bully at school.

Gary Anderson hopefully beats Price...he looks to be over his back problems and is on fire tonight.

• Advertisement

Gary Anderson hopefully beats Price...he looks to be over his back problems and is on fire tonight.

Yea Gary had a good game tonight. Great to see him back on form

Barney pulling away here now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭klose

Couple of good games tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

SlickRic wrote: »
    I can't express fully just how much I hate Gerwyn Price.

He embodies everything you despised in the class bully at school.

He's a complete tool, he throws 180 and you'd swear he's won the world championships, Anderson throws one immediately afterwards and strolls nonchalantly to collect his darts!!!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

He's a complete tool, he throws 180 and you'd swear he's won the world championships, Anderson throws one immediately afterwards and strolls nonchalantly to collect his darts!!!

TbL

He hit T16 D10 to finish the first leg and let a roar that would make Tarzan sound aphonic. Better players like Anderson know to just give it time and get into the game and more often than not their class and ability will come through. The 7-3 last night was typical of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Cardiff looks empty.

I do wonder if the opening shots are live.

It was the same in Dublin last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

lambayire wrote: »

There was very little support or at least it seemed that way for Price. I thought as the home player he'd get them going a bit more. The crowd didn't seem to make much noise and even when the camera showed the arena there didn't seem to be the usual pandemonium.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i always think they should do the opening bit from the bar where it is packed

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

They are live. There was huge queues outside to get into the point last week and then once you're in you have to que at the bar to get a drink! Most people don't get to their seat until the first game has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,301 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

7.10pm start is difficult - theres a good reason why soccer, rugby league etc use 7.45 or 8pm as their standard evening kick off time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Only 4,000 at Cardiff apparently. Wasn't there around 10,000 in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I like Price if I'm being honest. Players celebrating makes me kinda warm to them if it's in a good natured way of showing passion. Shows a bit of personality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I like Price if I'm being honest. Players celebrating makes me kinda warm to them if it's in a good natured way of showing passion. Shows a bit of personality.

I don't dislike him for it and different strokes for different folks, if he feels like it helps him and gets him pumped up then I think its fine, its not as if he is turning to the opponent and doing it.

All that said though, he does have a head you would love to smack!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Im better on doubles than Price. How he came back to draw last week against Wright, I have no idea, nor does he :P

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Carpentry wrote: »
    Im better on doubles than Price. How he came back to draw last week against Wright, I have no idea, nor does he :P

In fairness from 6-3 down, he threw two 11 darters and 17 in the last leg to get the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Gotya wrote: »
    In fairness from 6-3 down, he threw two 11 darters and 17 in the last leg to get the draw.

I know, I was being sarcastic, he is still sh!te on doubles. Last night proved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Another win for Smith, 7-2 over Mensur..... said the stage is freezing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Smith off to a flyer this year on stage and floor. Hope it continues, what a throw when he's on it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wouldn’t like to see Price if he won a title if he celebrates a draw like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm really not a fan of Gurney

EPAndlee wrote: »
    I'm really not a fan of Gurney

Don't like Gurney or Price

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

What was up with Wright at the end?

Delighted for Cross..looks like he's getting a bit of form back.
    No idea what was wrong with Wright,He was pointing at the oche giving out to cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Just tuned in for MVG now :) expect him to breeze through should be good though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Wow some game so far

• Advertisement

That was some game...Garys doubles let him down in the end though.

Advertisement