Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rekcaks

What crypto is everyone exchanging it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

rekcaks wrote: »
    What crypto is everyone exchanging it for?

I bought Ethereum on Coinbase, and swapped it for Ripple on Binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Given all the talk of market cap. In reality, can you expect Ripple to reach a 6 dollar?Given that would put it on par with Bitcoin?

Perhaps a Coinbase listing might help it move beyond 3 dollars but given the extra hurdle you have to go through to own Ripple (i.e coinbase + some other exchange/wallet) I don't see it exceeding bitcoin market cap until it's listed on coinbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

jon1981 wrote: »
    Given all the talk of market cap. In reality, can you expect Ripple to reach a 6 dollar?Given that would put it on par with Bitcoin?

Perhaps a Coinbase listing might help it move beyond 3 dollars but given the extra hurdle you have to go through to own Ripple (i.e coinbase + some other exchange/wallet) I don't see it exceeding bitcoin market cap until it's listed on coinbase.

If it happens, it won't be any time soon. $3 is a plenty big enough target for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I think one thing is certain, forget (at this stage) thinking Ripple can ever be worth 16k. If you're hoping to make millions off a few 100 euro...then move on to to other fields.

Actually on the topic of making millions off a small investment. I reckon the ship has sailed for Crytoassest lucky millionaires ... it's now "main stream".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This whole post hurt my brain.

Can I just say. I told you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I think one thing is certain, forget (at this stage) thinking Ripple can ever be worth 16k. If you're hoping to make millions off a few 100 euro...then move on to to other fields.

Actually on the topic of making millions off a small investment. I reckon the ship has sailed for Crytoassest lucky millionaires ... it's now "main stream".

Exactly, I'd go so far as to say that we're near the point of the bubble bursting, I'd seriously suggest everyone on these forums cash in their investments and get their money out while they're still ahead.

JustShay wrote: »
    Blacktie. wrote: »
    This whole post hurt my brain.

Can I just say. I told you so.
    Why? It's not on coinbase, it's not easy to buy if you don't know what you're doing. The recent surge in Ripple has nothing to do with what you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Exactly, I'd go so far as to say that we're near the point of the bubble bursting, I'd seriously suggest everyone on these forums cash in their investments and get their money out while they're still ahead.

If I had a penny for every time someone has written that over the last few years I wouldn't need to invest in Crypto as I would already be very rich.

I signed up, probably nothing will come of it but I'd be kicking myself if they became shot up in price and I didn't have any because I was to lazy to sign up :D

• Advertisement

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'm really talking more about trading, your portfolio will rise and dip if you hodl, but trading can quickly realise losses.

Oh ok, get ya, and thanks again.

To be honest, I am well into 'day trading' territory now and should step back a bit before I get badly bitten. A little over 2 weeks ago when I first got into this, day and swing trading was not my intention at all - I didn't even know what those things were. I wanted to research and pick 4-6 coins, diversify and HODL.

Now though, I'm checking Binance first thing after waking up, then another 50+ times per day. I'm reading price charts. I'm watching 1-2 hours of Youtube content per day related to coins and analysis of them. I've suspended reading the Dark Tower series (which I was really enjoying) in favour of reading books like 'The Internet of Money' and 'Mastering Bitcoin'. I'm searching for new companies and their ICOs. It's all gotten a little intense, if only I put this much effort into mastering the instruments of my regular day job :pac:

Am I desperately searching for the next moon coin? No, I'm not desperately searching. Looking at all those coins that have mooned, and their history before mooning - There was nothing smart or genius about HODLing a lot of them at certain points in their timeline. A lot of it is down to pure luck.

Am I looking to earn a few extra quid per annum on top of my already decent income, and learn something new and prepare myself for the future in the process? Absolutely. I just need to calm down a bit, and remember why I came here in the first place - Diversify and HODL.

It's the holidays/new year. Bitcoin will be back with a major bang next week, as for ripple, you would be a brave man to invest at these prices, it could of course go up but it also could fall very heavily, the chances it hits $3 V under $1 - i would probably go with the $1 option, nobody knows of course, think and research carefully, look at the buy and sell walls. (I haven't as no longer in ripple). Best of luck

Serious correction for Ripple today. I don't mind if it establishes a new support at around $1.80 to build from. However, it's dipping below that at the moment and might not be done yet.

I did some swing trading when it was going up and back between $2.10 and $2.50. Decent profits for my small potatoes, but it meant that I was left with a bunch of XRP bought at $2.10 when it didn't swing back up one final time.

This is for my HODL stash (c. 250) and I'm not too worried as 1) Overall with XRP I'm still up, and importantly 2) I think this will grow in the early new year.

That said, Asteriods over Berlin, any of your posts I've read in this forum have assured me that you know your shít about crytpos. Very glad to hear your opinion there, even if it differs from my own.

As for anyone looking to get into XRP now, at around $1.80. I still think they will see a profit in the near future, however just be aware with what you're investing into - 'Buy the hype/rumour, sell the news' - This is a new term to me, but already I can understand its meaning.

For the last week Ripple have been talked about heavily. Their CEO was on the US business shows hyping the company. There are rumours all over the place of XRP getting listed on Coinbase in early 2018. All of this had to have contributed to the price surge 24 hours ago. I'm not sure if we'll that surge again anytime soon (the next 2-3 days) as all of that promotion is bound to be factored into the current price already. We need some more hype!

Hmm, speaking of Ripple needing 'more hype' for the next price surge, a video appeared on Reddit in the last few hours which allegedly shows a Ripple demo in action on a Coinbase beta site...

Some of the reddit sleuths have confirmed the wallet addresses in the video, and confirmed that there was a transaction. More so, they reckon that they have identified the guy...

The receive address shown at the end: rPP4jyPd8uqhVRqvA9Ge8f4vUJXWMepJtE
    Is a valid address that was first used on December 29, and has sent and received several Ripple transactions from ShapeShift and GateHub.

The 291.1 transaction shown in the video does appear correctly at this address. The other transaction shown, 164.21, does not appear at this address, but it could easily be a different address.

ALSO, assuming "George Smith" is a real name... here is a George Smith in San Francisco (where Coinbase is headquartered) who works in financial startups and tech. Previously of Wallet.ai:
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/georgedotsmith

Not impossible to fake, but if so, someone covered their bases. It's pretty darn convincing.

Reddit Ripple thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7n64gc/ripple_demo_on_coinbase_beta_site_video/

Could be faked of course, but this is the kind of hype I'm talking about. Buy while all of this is being rumoured...'Ripple to be listed on Coinbase'...'Ripple to announce partnership with 200 new banks in early 2018'...'Ripple to cure all cancers and solve the North Korea problem by Q3 2018'

'Buy the hype/rumour' seems to be what they say, and there's a fair bit of it going around concerning Ripple at the moment. For instance, if Ripple does get listed on Coinbase and you read about it one minute after it happens, that might be already too late to buy in and see a decent profit as a result of this news.

***Please note, I'm not telling anyone to buy Ripple. My point here applies to all cryptos, buy during the rumour phase rather than when you're reading about confirmation. There's a shít-ton of that going with Ripple at the moment. Sure, some it has been factored into the price already, but the likes of the above video will see more positive activity in the market very soon IMO.

Also, regarding hype and rumour, and all things with investing your money - Research! And when you're done, research some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Shanec2k

Is there somewhere that you could recommend where I could buy Ripple, at a decent rate and fee.? Also, that's easy to use or understand?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Hmm, speaking of Ripple needing 'more hype' for the next price surge, a video appeared on Reddit in the last few hours which allegedly shows a Ripple demo in action on a Coinbase beta site...

Some of the reddit sleuths have confirmed the wallet addresses in the video, and confirmed that there was a transaction. More so, they reckon that they have identified the guy...

Reddit Ripple thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Ripple/comments/7n64gc/ripple_demo_on_coinbase_beta_site_video/

Could be faked of course, but this is the kind of hype I'm talking about. Buy while all of this is being rumoured...'Ripple to be listed on Coinbase'...'Ripple to announce partnership with 200 new banks in early 2018'...'Ripple to cure all cancers and solve the North Korea problem by Q3 2018'

'Buy the hype/rumour' seems to be what they say, and there's a fair bit of it going around concerning Ripple at the moment. For instance, if Ripple does get listed on Coinbase and you read about it one minute after it happens, that might be already too late to buy in and see a decent profit as a result of this news.

***Please note, I'm not telling anyone to buy Ripple. My point here applies to all cryptos, buy during the rumour phase rather than when you're reading about confirmation. There's a shton of that going with Ripple at the moment. Sure, some it has been factored into the price already, but the likes of the above video will see more positive activity in the market very soon IMO.

Also, regarding hype and rumour, and all things with investing your money - Research! And when you're done, research some more.

I personally think its a fake because Coinbase's\GDAX's Digital Asset Framework Section 1.1 clearly states that any new asset must be "Decentralised - The network is public, decentralized, and enables trustless consensus."

https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7n185l/is_ripple_decentralized/

But here is the reddit link where they attempt to verify the transaction

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7n6eg5/ripple_demo_on_coinbase_beta_site_video/drzenmu/

and here is another reddit link where people who claim to be Firefox designers discuss how hard/easy this would be to fake.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7n6eg5/ripple_demo_on_coinbase_beta_site_video/drzffoo/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I reckon the ship has sailed for Crytoassest lucky millionaires ... it's now "main stream".

Not a hope. For one, it's not mainstream - there's a crazy amount of money entering but still orders of magnitude more to come. The on-ramp is still too fiddly for the vast majority of people.

Just because the market has ballooned and some coins have become overweight doesn't mean new opportunities cease to exist.
    Not many knew about XRB a month ago, never mind two months ago - there's always going to be some shiny & new great white hope.

There are a rake of coins or tokens that are currently undervalued and will remain so until their products release or roadmaps get realised.
    The number one enemy for traders old and new is their own patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Oh ok, get ya, and thanks again.

To be honest, I am well into 'day trading' territory now and should step back a bit before I get badly bitten. A little over 2 weeks ago when I first got into this, day and swing trading was not my intention at all - I didn't even know what those things were. I wanted to research and pick 4-6 coins, diversify and HODL.

Now though, I'm checking Binance first thing after waking up, then another 50+ times per day. I'm reading price charts. I'm watching 1-2 hours of Youtube content per day related to coins and analysis of them. I've suspended reading the Dark Tower series (which I was really enjoying) in favour of reading books like 'The Internet of Money' and 'Mastering Bitcoin'. I'm searching for new companies and their ICOs. It's all gotten a little intense, if only I put this much effort into mastering the instruments of my regular day job :pac:

Am I desperately searching for the next moon coin? No, I'm not desperately searching. Looking at all those coins that have mooned, and their history before mooning - There was nothing smart or genius about HODLing a lot of them at certain points in their timeline. A lot of it is down to pure luck.

Am I looking to earn a few extra quid per annum on top of my already decent income, and learn something new and prepare myself for the future in the process? Absolutely. I just need to calm down a bit, and remember why I came here in the first place - Diversify and HODL.

Serious correction for Ripple today. I don't mind if it establishes a new support at around $1.80 to build from. However, it's dipping below that at the moment and might not be done yet.

I did some swing trading when it was going up and back between $2.10 and $2.50. Decent profits for my small potatoes, but it meant that I was left with a bunch of XRP bought at $2.10 when it didn't swing back up one final time.

This is for my HODL stash (c. 250) and I'm not too worried as 1) Overall with XRP I'm still up, and importantly 2) I think this will grow in the early new year.

That said, Asteriods over Berlin, any of your posts I've read in this forum have assured me that you know your shít about crytpos. Very glad to hear your opinion there, even if it differs from my own.

As for anyone looking to get into XRP now, at around $1.80. I still think they will see a profit in the near future, however just be aware with what you're investing into - 'Buy the hype/rumour, sell the news' - This is a new term to me, but already I can understand its meaning.

For the last week Ripple have been talked about heavily. Their CEO was on the US business shows hyping the company. There are rumours all over the place of XRP getting listed on Coinbase in early 2018. All of this had to have contributed to the price surge 24 hours ago. I'm not sure if we'll that surge again anytime soon (the next 2-3 days) as all of that promotion is bound to be factored into the current price already. We need some more hype!

Christ I had to check I didn't write that post.
    Exact same boat and behaviour over the past couple of weeks. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Stop reading my mind.

So has anybody any recommendations of platforms to deal in ripple then?

Lads, read the thread ffs. Question comes up every couple of pages. Binance is probably the easiest.

I looked at it, I was looking for a range of alternative platforms. And to make a decision in the next couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Lads, read the thread ffs. Question comes up every couple of pages. Binance is probably the easiest.

Would agree, Binance is easy to navigate and I am just starting, set up account with coinbase, deposit money in, transfer money to Gdax - same login as coinbase, purchase eth and transfer out to binance, purchase ripple with eth,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Shanec2k wrote: »
    I looked at it, I was looking for a range of alternative platforms. And to make a decision in the next couple of days.

To be fair if you did read the thread at all you would have got that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Tide might be turning again.

Anyone gonna bail if it goes north of $2.50

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone gonna bail if it goes north of $2.50

I'll get 75% of my holdings out if we get that high, and leave the other 25% in the hope things get really silly in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

ZeroThreat wrote: »

rubbish, it is the holidays, exact same thing has happened the last few years, go back and look at the stats. Next week the boys/gals are back from holidays and Btc will break 20k again, alts will rise during this but then there may be another round of jumping on BTC and a big alt sell off will occur and then they will jump back in.
    It is going to go huge next year, take advantage of next weeks dip to get in on alts. Of course, the greatest coin to be seen may not have been even created yet - so don't panic, there will always be more opportunities.
    Of course if you have fiat/tether sitting in your accounts, take advantage of the dips now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

of course, it is nearly next week now :) i keep thinking it is last week, my body clock is screwed over the holidays ha. I was expecting things to take off from Tuesday onwards but maybe it is already starting, although the new year is a huge occasion in asia so i'll stick with Tuesday

rubbish, it is the holidays, exact same ting has happened the last few years, go back and look at the stats. Next week the boys/gals are back from holidays and Btc will break 20k again, alts will rise during this but then there may be another round of jumping on BTC and a big alt sell off will occur and then they will jump back in.
    It is going to go huge next year, take advantage of next weeks dip to get in on alts. Of course, the greatest coin to be seen may not have been even created yet - so don't panic, there will always be more opportunities.
    Of course if you have fiat/tether sitting in your accounts, take advantage of the dips now

I'm a new kid on the block and even I've been thinking that the alts are rallying so money can be made whilst BTC has a breather.
    If you're right (and past holiday windows back up your theory) then yea, I can also see BTC getting back on an upward trend when heads get back down working.

Just wish I had enough funds to go straight in for the big boys/coins, but I will be patient and hopefully get a few horses running on the smaller coins, and hopefully over the medium term earn enough to start on coins next level up.

Thanks, can't begin until Tuesday, but trying to get my head around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There really needs to be a FAQ and a beginners guide added to the forum, it's the same across every thread

Advertisement