Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I'm one referral short to unlock crypto on my Revolut account

#BillyNoMates

I'll be your friend!

Lg6zF1xJEvdzvcRG4JcooxT2w1CRmNPiSo = My LTC Address :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'll be your friend!

Lg6zF1xJEvdzvcRG4JcooxT2w1CRmNPiSo = My LTC Address :pac:

LMFAO

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

dashoonage wrote: »
    I've heard a rumor that lamborghini are getting ready to accept XRP as payment.

I have heard they come in a box with: 'Suitable for Ages 4-12' written on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I’m still waiting on my money to transfer over to Coinbase from my bank account, do you reckon Ripple might drop any time soon, or should I just invest now instead of waiting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Skippy21 wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on my money to transfer over to Coinbase from my bank account, do you reckon Ripple might drop any time soon, or should I just invest now instead of waiting.

That is the billion dollar question.

• Advertisement

Sure if only we all knew :pac:

Roughly speaking...

It peaked at about $2.70 before the weekend and then fell back down to around $1.65 the following day. It's slowly regained over the weekend 'settling' around $1.85 to $2.

Today though, it broke through $2 again and is currently at $2.16 on Binance, the highest it's been since the all time high (ATH) before the weekend. It's possible that this might be the beginning of a return to that ATH, and the lower values of the last few days were a new support level for it to increase from.

I think that if/when it dips back down to $1.90-$2, that would be a good time to buy if you were someone expecting 2 to 4 times return on your money at best.

*Not financial advice, just opinion*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I often use Google trends to see what people are looking at, I know it's not very up to-date but it shows where interest is, Here is a comparison between ripple and Bitcoin in the last couple of months.

9dbd5f171b3fc457f78f9053508b255e.png

My theory is, if it's being talked about more, it's likely to get gain, it pretty much follows the growth somewhat accurately between the rises and falls.

(Opinion only)

I did a SEPA in under 3 hours today to coinbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I did my transfer yesterday and still waiting for it to come through.. Had you made transfers before this to Coinbase?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

GreeBo wrote:

I did one on Saturday/Sunday, hasn't processed yet.

• Advertisement

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    I often use Google trends to see what people are looking at, I know it's not very up to-date but it shows where interest is, Here is a comparison between ripple and Bitcoin in the last couple of months.

9dbd5f171b3fc457f78f9053508b255e.png

My theory is, if it's being talked about more, it's likely to get gain, it pretty much follows the growth somewhat accurately between the rises and falls.

(Opinion only)

Hard to know if that's cause or effect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Moving sharply again. Up about 25% over the last 12 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Ripple making nice gains at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ripple doing well currently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Wonder where Ripple will get to? Nice to see the gains the last few days though..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

It's looking like a correction will happen soon, so I'm going to hold off until then. The rumours of things happening is what's driving the price up which if they come true will be great but I'm going to be cautious for now before investing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Great start to the new year for ripple. Hopefully the sign of things to come. Talk of ripple being available soon on revolut , coinbase and some additional banks getting on board. All these rumours are no doubt contributing to the gains .

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Dutchy

From David Schwartz (Chief Cryptographer at Ripple) on Twitter.
    Serious hint re upcoming partnerships or this guy is just pumping the price. IMO he doesn't come across as the pump & dump type.

Take from this what you will, eh!

https://twitter.com/JoelKatz/status/948297551958061056

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

I did my transfer yesterday and still waiting for it to come through.. Had you made transfers before this to Coinbase?

Where you guys having problems transferring funds to CB via card ? Not happening for me either. Tells me to contact card issuer but AIB saying no issues on their end; must be CB. Looking towards SEPA Tx now. Would be handier the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    It's looking like a correction will happen soon, so I'm going to hold off until then. The rumours of things happening is what's driving the price up which if they come true will be great but I'm going to be cautious for now before investing more.

Why do you think there might be a correction ?

I think there was a bit of a mini correction already. Ripple went by the €2 marker and then dropped down around €1.55 in the past week and as we know has since climbed around the €2 mark again. I do accept there is no real substantial evidence or history to back any of this up (crypto pricing) so it's a hard call but my feeling is 2018 will be the year of Ripple & Ethereum. There will definitely be volatility , peaks etc but overall I feel we will all be in a stronger position in 6 months time.

I am no expert on this and would not have a massive understanding of the technology behind the relevant cyrpto's but amongst the hundred of articles and threads I seem to read everyday the technology behind Bitcoin doesn't seem up to a lot . There are many new Alt's which appear to perform better from a functionality perspective than Bitcoin. My feeling is Bitcoin was first to market and it's often "better to the first than be the best" but when people start to understand (including myself) what is actually going to be functional long term they will look at investing elsewhere. The hype and publicity around Bitcoin may continue for a some time but imo Ripple & Ethereum is where it will be at going forward along with a few others no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse was interviewed on the bad crypto podcast worth listening too for anyone interested in ripple and xrp...

I really want to get out of ripple before the next correction, but its SO hard to sell when it keeps going up.
    Also most of mine is on Kraken who have still disabled stop loss trades!

Time to move exchange I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Since when have Kraken disabled stop loss trades?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I really want to get out of ripple before the next correction, but its SO hard to sell when it keeps going up.
    Also most of mine is on Kraken who have still disabled stop loss trades!

Time to move exchange I think...

I'll take them off ya!

Ph6zF1xJEvdzvccooxT2w1CRmNPiSo = My XRP Address :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,916 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Motoring along, ETH set a new ATH last night and came within 4 billion of taking back the #2 spot but that's a 17 billion gap now and it's heading to 3 dollars...

Thargor wrote: »
    Motoring along, ETH set a new ATH last night and came within 4 billion of taking back the #2 spot but that's a 17 billion gap now and it's heading to 3 dollars...

Do you think we will see $3?

I'm seeing ~$3 as the right long term price for this guy, so I;d expect it to hover between there and 2.50 for the next few months.

So now the question is, whats next?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

So now the question is, whats next?!

This is a good question for all Crypto and the speculator. Do they have patience to wait it out or will they sell up and move on to the next opportunity. If we see very little new money coming in 2018 what could happen is lateral movement between the assets and more extreme volatility.

Though I think everyone is banking on lots of new money coming into the space in 2018.

If 3USD really is the long term ceiling (and we are nearing it) we could see a massive sell off as people look for more better opportunity. Alot of FUD about on XRP not being able to reach beyond 5usd (due to the market Cap already) and that's assuming no new rockstar coin comes in and challenges it.

I'm holding for now sitting on 4x gains, not sure what to do myself.

jon1981 wrote: »
    This is a good question for all Crypto and the speculator. Do they have patience to wait it out or will they sell up and move on to the next opportunity. If we see very little new money coming in 2018 what could happen is lateral movement between the assets and more extreme volatility.

Though I think everyone is banking on lots of new money coming into the space in 2018.

If 3USD really is the long term ceiling (and we are nearing it) we could see a massive sell off as people look for more better opportunity. Alot of FUD about on XRP not being able to reach beyond 5usd (due to the market Cap already) and that's assuming no new rockstar coin comes in and challenges it.

I'm holding for now sitting on 4x gains, not sure what to do myself.

Similar position to me.
    Im thining of shifting my XRP back into XLM, ADA and EOS.

I think $5 would be a ridiculous market cap, but I dont think any of the new money looks at things like that, so it could easily keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I think there is bigger chance for % growth from XLM now. It's blowing up already but I think it will double it's current price by end of January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

XLM and ADA gone bananas aswell, both at ATH.

Advertisement