Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭crushproof

Anyone gonna bail if it goes north of $2.50

Yep I've got a sell order for my holdings. I'll be hoping for subsequent drop and cash back in with my profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

How do you sell using binance? As in get the money in your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Someone saying North of $2.50 and they'll cash out .Hasn't been much movement for most of today and looks like it will be very lucky to hit $2 by end of today . Am I missing something on other exchanges . Seeing $1.98 on bitstamp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

keano25 wrote: »
    How do you sell using binance? As in get the money in your bank

you can't, there is no FIAT option (yet or at least there wasn't the last time i checked - which was quite a whle ago but i believe nothing changed), you need to exchange to Bitcoin, eth,litecoin etc (depending on the exchange) and transfer it to another exchange, i use Kraken and coinbase (sometimes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Am I desperately searching for the next moon coin? No, I'm not desperately searching. Looking at all those coins that have mooned, and their history before mooning - There was nothing smart or genius about HODLing a lot of them at certain points in their timeline. A lot of it is down to pure luck.

Am I looking to earn a few extra quid per annum on top of my already decent income, and learn something new and prepare myself for the future in the process? Absolutely. I just need to calm down a bit, and remember why I came here in the first place - Diversify and HODL.

It is very easy to get carried away. The big thing I try to keep in mind is that literally a monkey mashing a keyboard to pick coins would be making huge profits in this market at the moment. You won't know how well you are trading until that sea of green that nearly always populates the market currently has a bit more fire in it on a regular basis. Still think that is a long way off though given the barriers to entry for your regular Joe atm. Still much more money to flood in yet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

you can't, there is no FIAT option (yet or at least there wasn't the last time i checked - which was quite a whle ago but i believe nothing changed), you need to exchange to Bitcoin, eth,litecoin etc (depending on the exchange) and transfer it to another exchange, i use Kraken and coinbase (sometimes)

Am I right that you would have to be careful timing this as XRP/BTC followed by BTC/USD is usually less that XRP/USD?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It depends on the exchange you're on. If it doesn't have an XRP/USD market, you don't have any alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

millhouse wrote: »
    Someone saying North of $2.50 and they'll cash out .Hasn't been much movement for most of today and looks like it will be very lucky to hit $2 by end of today . Am I missing something on other exchanges . Seeing $1.98 on bitstamp

agreed

Imo your stone mad if you think its going back that high, unless a new aspect comes into play, Coinbase adoption etc etc

I sold the last of mine (i'd held 20% back to see what happens) off yesterday at $2.09 and was lucky to get it.

I've moved pretty much everything into BTC (LTC is focked - nice timing Charlie, Ether is in a state of uncertainty with Buterin going mental again, am expecting a rise on BTC up to the $15400 level, there is real bear resistance at that level so its a big test I grant you. But it would be a profit of $3k per coin since this mornings price.

xrp market has slowed right down, its easy to jump back in if something happens, yes you will lose the first 10% of gains by reacting late, but if it does blow up again it's getting near the $3 mark and your going to get in at $2.25 so still very palatable gains without the exposure of a serious plummet in xrp hodl money which many of the signs are there.

Daraa wrote: »
    I personally think its a fake because Coinbase's\GDAX's Digital Asset Framework Section 1.1 clearly states that any new asset must be "Decentralised - The network is public, decentralized, and enables trustless consensus."

https://www.gdax.com/static/digital-asset-framework-2017-11.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7n185l/is_ripple_decentralized/

But here is the reddit link where they attempt to verify the transaction

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7n6eg5/ripple_demo_on_coinbase_beta_site_video/drzenmu/

and here is another reddit link where people who claim to be Firefox designers discuss how hard/easy this would be to fake.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7n6eg5/ripple_demo_on_coinbase_beta_site_video/drzffoo/

I haven't got a chance to look back into it since about 12 hours ago, but the word then was that if it was fake...it was a very good attempt. And that doesn't mean that makes it more likely not to be fake, just a lesson that in this industry people will go to insane lengths to temporarily bump a coin's price.

After that video hit Reddit last night, XRP jumped about 20c. That could be a good day's return for anyone who might have doctored such a video.

McAfee's pump and dumps, this more-than-likely fake XRP/Coinbase video - Cryptocurrency really is like the Wild West :pac:

As for the whole Ripple/Coinbase decentralization issue - I will chase up the source, but I read somewhere that one of Ripple's main goals for 2018 was decentralization. Never mind what I read 'somewhere' though, according to their website they do have an active decentralization strategy...

https://ripple.com/dev-blog/decentralization-strategy-update/

https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

Also, dencentralized or not, if Ripple cements its spot in the Top 3 coins, will Coinbase be able to ignore it? They'd be missing out on an absolute fortune in fees with such a volume of XRP being traded.
    Christ I had to check I didn't write that post.
    Exact same boat and behaviour over the past couple of weeks. :)
    Autochange wrote: »
    Stop reading my mind.

So, do we have a problem? Are we the first members of Boards' own Cryptos Anonymous??

Newbs who are going to lose their bollix if we're not careful, more like it :D

Shanec2k wrote: »
    So has anybody any recommendations of platforms to deal in ripple then?

The Coinbase to Binance method seems to be the most popular at the moment. It also gets you up and running pretty quickly. How to do that is outlined in this post...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105621340&postcount=141

Anyone gonna bail if it goes north of $2.50

Ideally, no. I'm hoping this goes higher than $2.50-70 in early 2018 and plan on holding for that.

I can't guarantee though that if I see the price start to ascend to those heights again and descend into such volatility, that I won't start swinging like Tarzan chasing Jane!

I'm going to end up with nothing, aren't I? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sirdeclan

Does anyone have any suggestions for an early investment in some of the lower value cryptos.

Get in early and hope for the best at a low investment?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

sirdeclan wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions for an early investment in some of the lower value cryptos.

Get in early and hope for the best at a low investment?..

If you're asking on an internet forum you are not ready to be investing in non-established crypto.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

It depends on the exchange you're on. If it doesn't have an XRP/USD market, you don't have any alternative.

My bad. I just checked and it's the same. I had been glancing at the %24hr shifts.

I'm with Bitfinex though will start a small punt using Binance in the new year.

chakotha wrote: »
    Am I right that you would have to be careful timing this as XRP/BTC followed by BTC/USD is usually less that XRP/USD?

yes it's good to check out the market at the time, also buy/sell walls, is it pumping or dropping etc, it depends what you want to do -i.e. cash out straight away, well then you should be okish, it of course can fluctuate but you should be cased out within an hour - depending on if the exchange offers that rate at the time (there is no delay on their part), i can't remember, the last time i cashed out was over a year ago - i have always reinvested. You should be working everything out in satoshis i.e what price in satoshis you bought at and then obviously the sell rate. If the exchange has a tether option, you can exchange to that and just sit on it if you intend to jump back in soon on a dip etc. If it is a large amount of money, personally i wouldn't leave it on an exchange too long. Also, if it is a large amount of money, inform your bank, i think some banks may have a 20k limit to be transferred(just heard this), so notify them, however, the revenue will also be made aware and you are then looking at 33% CGT. You could apply for one of the debit cards - Centra, Tenx etc and withdraw from an atm, the spreads can be quite big but it would mean ou avoid paying the revenue, you may need to buy a safe though :)

I haven't got a chance to look back into it since about 12 hours ago, but the word then was that if it was fake...it was a very good attempt. And that doesn't mean that makes it more likely not to be fake, just a lesson that in this industry people will go to insane lengths to temporarily bump a coin's price.

After that video hit Reddit last night, XRP jumped about 20c. That could be a good day's return for anyone who might have doctored such a video.

McAfee's pump and dumps, this more-than-likely fake XRP/Coinbase video - Cryptocurrency really is like the Wild West :pac:

As for the whole Ripple/Coinbase decentralization issue - I will chase up the source, but I read somewhere that one of Ripple's main goals for 2018 was decentralization. Never mind what I read 'somewhere' though, according to their website they do have an active decentralization strategy...

https://ripple.com/dev-blog/decentralization-strategy-update/

https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

Also, dencentralized or not, if Ripple cements its spot in the Top 3 coins, will Coinbase be able to ignore it? They'd be missing out on an absolute fortune in fees with such a volume of XRP being traded.

So, do we have a problem? Are we the first members of Boards' own Cryptos Anonymous??

Newbs who are going to lose their bollix if we're not careful, more like it :D

The Coinbase to Binance method seems to be the most popular at the moment. It also gets you up and running pretty quickly. How to do that is outlined in this post...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105621340&postcount=141

Ideally, no. I'm hoping this goes higher than $2.50-70 in early 2018 and plan on holding for that.

I can't guarantee though that if I see the price start to ascend to those heights again and descend into such volatility, that I won't start swinging like Tarzan chasing Jane!

I'm going to end up with nothing, aren't I? :o

No, not really, i can see it hovering for the next couple of days,going by the market at the moment, If Ripple announce a partnership with Visa, amazon or some big partnership, it may zoom up another couple of dollars, i would then be ready to pull the trigger as a lot of people would be just jumping on board, whales rubbing their hands and pump. However, it is still not clear to me if any of the so called good news related to ripple actually involves xrp - they are being very cagey (always have been) around this point, it's all well and good saying in the future xrp is vital but yet it is still optional, this makes me nervous. Personally if i still held my position and i had a lot of xrp (which i used to) i would be certainly thinking about taking at least half in profits at this point. Even if it was stated that a partner actively was or wanted to use xrp, it wld take a serious amount of cash to get xrp to $5, i think 2.50 - 3 dollars is a very nice profit for those who hold anything over 10k xrp. * this is not financial advice.

best of luck to all :)

* I am a prime example of a person that got bored and sold a coin, i had a significant amount of xrp and watched it most of the year making little movement (as in potential to break $1) so i sold as i believed the money was just sitting there stagnant and i was missing opportunities to invest. Turns out i have done very well on those other proects i invested in but it goes to show, patience can be key in this game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

it would mean ou avoid paying the revenue, you may need to buy a safe though

This isn't some nice loop hole this is tax evasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Never mind, figured it out.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This isn't some nice loop hole this is tax evasion.

yes indeed, i just gave options, the current tx system is set up to favour the wealthy, if you think those lads are paying full whack, you are smoking some good stuff! Inheritance tax is also 33%, it was an initially introduced to allow an equilibrium amongst the classes, when in fact it has made the rich richer and the working class Joe 33% less well off - money they could of done with, some were even made homeless due to this tax. Yes it's the law but get off the high horse too, champion! I never said to do anything, it is not financial advice, just an opinion!

There was talk of coinbase adding ripple to their portfolio. Has anyone got any updates if this is correct and if so when it is likely to happen. Also is there any further news expected from ripple themselves in the coming days . ....Buy the rumour sell the news..... This stuff is great for driving up the price . Things have gone a touch stagnant over the past 48 hrs

millhouse wrote: »
    There was talk of coinbase adding ripple to their portfolio. Has anyone got any updates if this is correct and if so when it is likely to happen. Also is there any further news expected from ripple themselves in the coming days . ....Buy the rumour sell the news..... This stuff is great for driving up the price . Things have gone a touch stagnant over the past 48 hrs

Yeah, just the 91% increase in the last week ffs. Some people are never happy.

So just ignore everything else I asked in the early part of my post and attack one single thing. I thought with the new year you might have changed from making complete bell end statements. We are all looking for the same result why are you always the one looking to stir things up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Complete Newbie to this,
    But I'm thinkin of investing in Ripple, but have I missed the boat and should I have invested a couple of months ago?
    The more research I'm doing on it the more I'm thinking I'm willing to take the risk.
    I wouldn't be investing a large amount would only be a couple of hundred.
    As previous instruction on this thread: I have currently set up an account on Coinbase and waiting for my money to be transferred from
    my bank account. I plan then to buy Ethereum. Will set up Binance account then to purchase XRP.

There is no news. It's all rumour and speculation. All anyone here can add is anything they may have seen on Twitter or Reddit. You cannot expect the price to just go up and up endlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,136 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yes indeed, i just gave options, the current tx system is set up to favour the wealthy, if you think those lads are paying full whack, you are smoking some good stuff! Inheritance tax is also 33%, it was an initially introduced to allow an equilibrium amongst the classes, when in fact it has made the rich richer and the working class Joe 33% less well off - money they could of done with, some were even made homeless due to this tax. Yes it's the law but get off the high horse too, champion! I never said to do anything, it is not financial advice, just an opinion!

You didn't mention fat cat bankers, I'm disappointed.

GreeBo wrote: »
    You didn't mention fat cat bankers, I'm disappointed.

well they are in the rich list too :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Seems to be making a jump today.... US awake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Rumours that Revolut might be adding Ripple soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,136 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Selik wrote: »
    Rumours that Revolut might be adding Ripple soon...

That would be.....awesome. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I've heard a rumor that lamborghini are getting ready to accept XRP as payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Ripple and XLM are sort of alternating surges at the moment. Neither seem to be dropping back between times though so long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

GreeBo wrote: »
    That would be.....awesome. :D

I'm one referral short to unlock crypto on my Revolut account

#BillyNoMates

Advertisement