Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ripple Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

Have we missed the boat on ripple? Can it go much higher

If it doubles in value again it will still have a smaller market cap than bitcoin, so I think it does still have room to grow. I don't think bitcoin is the best coin on the market, and I don't see them being top dog forever.

I'm not certain that Ripple is going to be the coin to do it, but the project has a lot of potential.

I got back in this morning at just over 0.00270000 ETH, and I'm planning to be in long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Have we missed the boat on ripple? Can it go much higher

The question is have you missed the boat on Ripple. I certainly didn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

TheSheriff wrote: »
    I am part of a Ripple group chat on the app Telegram... currently has over 20k members.

I thought it might be useful source of info about the coin, absolute chaos this morning reading it - full of people shouting "SELL, HODL, MOON, LAMBOOO", nobody actually discussing the coin itself.

Missed the ATH this morn, too many brandys last night :(

How do I get in on that? Sounds mad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Just download Telegram from your app store.

Then just Google "Telegram Ripple Chat" and it will link you in to it automatically in the app. Click Join to save your membership.

It's pretty entertaining to be honest, people asking 'When will ripple increase to 2.50e', people replying 'In approximately 12.5 minutes' ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Bah, woke up this am to a nice surprise, thought about selling but was in a rush.

I swear, if it wasn't for the 40k I'm up since Friday I'd be disgusted! Thx xrp! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

GreeBo wrote: »
    Bah, woke up this am to a nice surprise, thought about selling but was in a rush.

I swear, if it wasn't for the 40k I'm up since Friday I'd be disgusted! Thx xrp! :-)

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

That was fun last night and a great learning experience in something I'm relatively new to.

I got on way too late for XRP to take me to the moon in a lambo (I fúckin hate lambos btw, pretty sure I'd die on the moon too) buying in at $1.14. I'm neither qualified nor clairvoyant, but for me this coin isn't going over the $10 range in the first half of 2018 so it's there to be played with in the meantime.

As such, I'll be doing what I did last night - taking advantage of its volatility and trying to make the bulk of my XRP profits off the swings. I managed to do this last night and up my holdings in XRP at the same time. No, it won't always be that easy...but holy shít there's money to be made there. A newb like me playing around with relatively small money and still making 3 figure profits, I can only imagine the money the pros are netting.

All that said though, I still believe in XRP beyond the quick profits and apart from putting some of my coins into play during the swings, I will be holding this for the first half of 2018.

That was fun last night and a great learning experience in something I'm relatively new to.

I got on way too late for XRP to take me to the moon in a lambo (I fúckin hate lambos btw, pretty sure I'd die on the moon too) buying in at $1.14. I'm neither qualified nor clairvoyant, but for me this coin isn't going over the $10 range in the first half of 2018 so it's there to be played with in the meantime.

As such, I'll be doing what I did last night - taking advantage of its volatility and trying to make the bulk of my XRP profits off the swings. I managed to do this last night and up my holdings in XRP at the same time. No, it won't always be that easy...but holy shít there's money to be made there. A newb like me playing around with relatively small money and still making 3 figure profits, I can only imagine the money the pros are netting.

All that said though, I still believe in XRP beyond the quick profits and apart from putting some of my coins into play during the swings, I will be holding this for the first half of 2018.

Just be warned, you can just as easily lose 3 figures within hours.

Just be warned, you can just as easily lose 3 figures within hours.

Absolutely, thanks for that important reminder GreenBo.

Just as an example - I made nice gains in XRP, but overall my portfolio isn't up as much as it should be. Most of my other alts (like ICX, SUB, IOTA) took a hit today. I wonder if that's because lots of people pulled money out of them to hop on the ripple train.

Anyway...losses can be made just as easily. Never invest more than you can afford to lose - If my portfolio goes to zero in the morning it will be detrimental to my new hobbie, but not my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Carroller wrote: »
    I'll sell when it hits $16k :D:D:D

Then Ripple will have a bigger market cap than the US economy.

Some people are going to lose a lot of money playing with crypto. :o

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Advertisement

Just as an example - I made nice gains in XRP, but overall my portfolio isn't up as much as it should be. Most of my other alts (like ICX, SUB, IOTA) took a hit today. I wonder if that's because lots of people pulled money out of them to hop on the ripple train.

Anyway...losses can be made just as easily. Never invest more than you can afford to lose - If my portfolio goes to zero in the morning it will be detrimental to my new hobbie, but not my life.

I'm really talking more about trading, your portfolio will rise and dip if you hodl, but trading can quickly realise losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

It's the holidays/new year. Bitcoin will be back with a major bang next week, as for ripple, you would be a brave man to invest at these prices, it could of course go up but it also could fall very heavily, the chances it hits $3 V under $1 - i would probably go with the $1 option, nobody knows of course, think and research carefully, look at the buy and sell walls. (I haven't as no longer in ripple). Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I'm really talking more about trading, your portfolio will rise and dip if you hodl, but trading can quickly realise losses.

This a thousand times. Unless you are happy to read buy and sell walls then tbh hodl. I've made the most gains when I just stay away from my accounts. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

el diablo wrote: »
    Then Ripple will have a bigger market cap than the US economy.

Some people are going to lose a lot of money playing with crypto. :o

Ah I dunno if you didn't get that was a joke then I can't help ya :o I'm cashing out if it hits $2.75 again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Ah I dunno if you didn't get that was a joke then I can't help ya :o I'm cashing out if it hits $2.75 again :)

Do you get your money instantly on cash out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Haven't tried yet but don't think so. Sell it for ETH transfer to coinbase and withdraw to bank. Not sure if there's an easier or cheaper way

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Wasn't ripple 0.23$ a coin a little while ago, I recall looking at buying some. I had no account to do so though. What would 2k at 0.23$ be worth today?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Wasn't ripple 0.23$ a coin a little while ago, I recall looking at buying some. I had no account to do so though. What would 2k at 0.23$ be worth today?

$19478.26

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dropping back to $1.80ish now. Kinda regret not cashing our yesterday at $2.50. Hopefully it can grow in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Did some profit taking myself today after all the madness, let's see how this plays out

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    $19478.26

THats crazy.
    I missed out. I was reading somewhere about Ripple and that it might be one for the future.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Dropping back to $1.80ish now. Kinda regret not cashing our yesterday at $2.50. Hopefully it can grow in the new year.

Would you think there is any value now for a first time buyer to buy as 2$ a coin? Could we see it hit 100$ next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Would you think there is any value now for a first time buyer to buy as 2$ a coin? Could we see it hit 100$ next year?

I'm definitely not the man to ask tbh, I only got on board largely due to the post of the more knowledgeable in this thread. I think even the most optimistic of estimates reckon $10 is the ceiling here, there is too many Ripple coins to see it hit those heights. It could well fall to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

There was zero indication that it was actually a joke. Some people actually believe that Ripple tokens will eventually be worth thousands of dollars. :cool:

Extremely unlikely that'll ever get anywhere near $10 never mind $100.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Think about what you're asking - a 50 fold increase in price would imply a market cap of $4.3 TRILLION!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭sunrainmooncl

Think about what you're asking - a 50 fold increase in price would imply a market cap of $4.3 TRILLION!

Is a market cap relevant for currency?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

Coin|Cost|Market Cap|Quantity
    Bitcoin|$13,114.80|$219,963,878,068|16,772,187 BTC
    Ripple|$2.15|$83,183,790,947|38,739,144,847 XRP
    Ethereum|$720.05|$69,607,064,791|96,669,363 ETH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

If you notice a single cryptocurrency's cap reaching half of the value of all fiat coins and notes in the world you should probably get a bit nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's more Ripples than there is Bitcoin for instance, that's what it's price is so "low" in comparison to other big coins

According to coinmarketcap there is over 38 billion ripples, while there's 16 million bitcoins so about 2000 times more individual coins

A $1 increase of ripple is massive, while you can see a difference of more than $10 every time you refresh for Bitcoin

Market cap is more important than price really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

No really currencies as such, more like speculative digital assets/commodities.

Advertisement