Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

is this deal still available ?Anyone use it lately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

yabadabado wrote: »

no it's expired.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

yabadabado wrote: »

There's a couple of other ones on the site here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057758439 €75 off €225

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057772949 £40 off £120

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

gustafo wrote: »
    no it's expired.

I booked using this offer only a few days ago (second time) - haven't stayed for either yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Daniel112

FYI I tried to use this offer a second time on my account and it only failed AFTER I had stayed and they said "Offer has already been redeemed on this account" so it could only be used once! Still a great deal though :)

• Advertisement

Daniel112 wrote: »
    FYI I tried to use this offer a second time on my account and it only failed AFTER I had stayed and they said "Offer has already been redeemed on this account" so it could only be used once! Still a great deal though :)

i stayed in 3 hotels on the same account

Got the discount after each stay payed back into the same credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

i stayed in 3 hotels on the same account

Got the discount after each stay payed back into the same credit card.

Did you receive an email after each stay detailing that you will be credited the 40 USD?

Did you receive an email after each stay detailing that you will be credited the 40 USD?

no email the 35 euro euro was credited back into my credit card around 7 days after each stay.

Hmm that's strange! This is the response I got from support when I queried it.

425155.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

no email the 35 euro euro was credited back into my credit card around 7 days after each stay.

Same as me. Well I got an email after the first stay but the other stays all just credited to my debit card with no emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭DubDani

This worked just fine for me recently. Money was credited to my CC within 2 days of staying at the Hotel, which made for a cheap overnight stay.

Had a booking on Tuesday Night, so will see, haven't heard anything yet and it's not even in my invite and earn section.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

gizmo81 wrote:
    Had a booking on Tuesday Night, so will see, haven't heard anything yet and it's not even in my invite and earn section.

Same

Just noticed the offer is back working but now it's $40 back on a minimum spend of $200 instead of $80.

Anyone have a screen shot of the original banner saying $40 of $80? Thanks

Got the email to claim my $40. Says Mastercards (not all) might not work, was gonna use my Revolut card but won't risk it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Guys can this be booked on a tablet or phone or does it have to be a desktop computer thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I did my bookings on a tablet.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Thanks a million I'll try it now 😉

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Got the email to claim my $40. Says Mastercards (not all) might not work, was gonna use my Revolut card but won't risk it :(

Delighted to report the $40 was just delivered to my Revolut Card. I took the chance of putting it on the Revollut Mastercard though it advised against Mastercards. Very Happy.

THANKS OP :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ssi250

Delighted to report the $40 was just delivered to my Revolut Card. I took the chance of putting it on the Revollut Mastercard though it advised against Mastercards. Very Happy.

THANKS OP :D

Was this for a stay that was not showing in the invite and earn/rewards section before your stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Haven't tried booking through this link but green banner appears $40 back minimum spend $80.

www.booking.com/club40

Nearly 3 weeks waiting and still no refund yet. E mailed them Friday so hopefully hear back soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Nearly 3 weeks waiting and still no refund yet. E mailed them Friday so hopefully hear back soon!

Best of luck. I've been waiting on a response for a few weeks now aswell..I since closed my account.. will be using hotels.com going forward out of principle

Received an email from them to say I'm eligible for $25 back and should have it in next 7 days. I thought I had booked the $40. Ah well, better than nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Did anyone get paid for two bookings made on just one account? I was able to make two bookings and got the '40 off 80' banner for both. I've received the first 40 but the second booking isn't for 6 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

68508224 wrote: »
    Did anyone get paid for two bookings made on just one account? I was able to make two bookings and got the '40 off 80' banner for both. I've received the first 40 but the second booking isn't for 6 months time.

I was in a similar boat to you. It left me make two bookings using the offer. I did the first stay last week - got an email regarding payment, but both bookings have now disappeared from my rewards page. Looks like no dice!

yes i have done 3 bookings on the same account using the same card since the offer came out and i have been paid 3 times about a week after into my card, it was around 35 euro received for each booking.

yes i have done 3 bookings on the same account using the same card since the offer came out and i have been paid 3 times about a week after into my card, it was around 35 euro received for each booking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Ah great that's good news. Did they show up in your account as well under rewards? Neither of mine did

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement