Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

Cheap ass question here, could I book a hotel room for one night four times?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Doltanian wrote: »
    Thanks for the link, booked two nights at €50 a night and this will reduce the cost nicely. Make sure to screenshot the entire process along the way incase they'd even try to avoid honouring the cashback.
    It confirms in the confirmation email you will be credited with $40 once you complete your stay. It even tells you same on the final payment page to ensure you give a credit card for the $40 to be credited to. Happy days! Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Are there any signs to say that this deal has applied? I just booked a room and it looked just like a normal booking for the whole process with no mention of a rebate anywhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

11214 wrote: »

For a four night stay? Sure, as long as you check out by 12 every morning and check back in at 2 to a different room.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

For a four night stay? Sure, as long as you check out by 12 every morning and check back in at 2 to a different room.

Why does it have to be different room?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Why does it have to be different room?

I've often stayed in hotels and made different bookings via different websites and apps etc. and I was never asked to change rooms.

This year I had one hotel booked in a suite for one night as I wasn't sure but after arriving and liking the place I decided to book additional nights in the standard room and I ended up staying in that suite for the whole week. It helped that the hotel was half empty during low season I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Are there any signs to say that this deal has applied? I just booked a room and it looked just like a normal booking for the whole process with no mention of a rebate anywhere.
    About half way down in your confirmation email, straight under the blue box, it says:
    Your cash reward
    You’ll receive US$40 after you’ve completed your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

11214 wrote: »

I booked 2 hotels but noticed in my confirmation emails the discount will only apply to one booking. Both bookings met the $80 criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus. Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns.

now, where to go is the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Rashers72 wrote: »
    About half way down in your confirmation email, straight under the blue box, it says:
    Your cash reward
    You’ll receive US$40 after you’ve completed your stay.

Thanks! I also got an email afterwards confirming the offer applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

It's telling me that that the offer can only be used once :

"Oops – it looks like you’ve made several bookings with your special offer. That’s no problem, your bookings won’t be affected. But our special offer is only valid for one booking so you’ll still only receive one cash reward."

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Deckyalrite

I booked using that link but the banner did not pop up for me this time, I am in Thailand so perhaps that had something to do with it. I wonder is there any chance i might be able to plague them for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I booked using that link but the banner did not pop up for me this time, I am in Thailand so perhaps that had something to do with it. I wonder is there any chance i might be able to plague them for it.
    It didn't show up here either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

The banner didnt show up for me, does that mean Im not getting the deal?

mel123 wrote: »
    The banner didnt show up for me, does that mean Im not getting the deal?

Just to confirm, clicked the link, no banner showing, but i went ahead and booked a hotel that had free cancellation. I got the confirmation email and no where in it does it mention anything about the deal, so no ive cancelled the hotel.
    Not sure if its expired, or its only available to some people, but just letting everyone know my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Link doesn't work anymore- must have expired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Drives me mad on booking.com *not included, VAT, local taxes etc.
    Just show the full price FFS

Just a little rant :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

mel123 wrote: »
    Drives me mad on booking.com *not included, VAT, local taxes etc.
    Just show the full price FFS

Just a little rant :-)

I booked a hotel in Italy recently and the occupancy was set to two as per normal, but this was doubling the tax, so if your on your own becareful of that, however the €4 nightly tax was not charged by booking.com after to my card and I'll probably have to pay it upon checkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

neither working now for me ... any new ones out there? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

They seem to have reactivated the $40 cashback with $200 spend now.

www.booking.com/club40

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

They seem to have reactivated the $40 cashback with $200 spend now.

www.booking.com/club40

Thats a hefty increase for minimum spend. Rules out the cashback on a single night in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

That link won't open for me, keeps reverting to another booking.com page with no sign of or link to $40 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Nice one, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Anybody find any new links lately for the 40/80?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭the_galway_fry

still waiting on my refund from 10/12/17 sent them 2 emails and no response

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Just used it tonight, thanks for the heads up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement