Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$40 back a $80 stay on booking.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

Stayed about 10 days ago but no refund yet. Price is greyed out under my booking history.
    2 bookings made. Price is shown in Green. Does this mean they are included in the offer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Finally received EUR 44, eight days after the stay.
    Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I'll be making a booking soon for €400+.. is this the best offer out at the min for booking.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

I'll be making a booking soon for €400+.. is this the best offer out at the min for booking.com?

If it's one booking, go for the 75 back on 225. Link in other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Hey guys, I availed of this offer last August and can report back that I got two × 35 euros off my 2 bookings on two different accounts and cards. Delighted with that! My question is, is that it? Can I use the link again if I make another account for a booking in November? If yes, does it have to be with another card from the two I used before? I'm not very good at figuring out their t&c's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Thanks for the offer link OP, just got $40 off an upcoming weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

Got a 40 EURO refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭oceancat

www.booking.com/club40
    is the above link still working and ok to use?
    are people still getting there refund after they stay?
    what about multiple bookings on the same credit card?
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gave this a shot this evening.

Hotel for $94 / €80 in London, so could be a very cheap stay.

Hopefully works out as it's the same account as I claimed the €80 off €225 spend on just last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Currently waiting my 75 euro back off 225, its been 5 days still no sign,
    Just booked a hotel in newry for the christmas shopping withe the 40 back off 80 :D
    Loving this bargain alert

• Advertisement

Booked 3 accommodations using the same link I have 3 emails sayings I’ll get 40 pines back for each trip so let’s see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How many days did it take for anyone to get the refund of 40 back?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

steo_magra wrote: »
    Currently waiting my 75 euro back off 225, its been 5 days still no sign,
    Just booked a hotel in newry for the christmas shopping withe the 40 back off 80 :D
    Loving this bargain alert

Hopefully you get the refund. I've been waiting 3 months for mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Equium wrote: »
    Hopefully you get the refund. I've been waiting 3 months for mine!

No way? Did you contact customer service?

That's an awful long time to wait. Mine was about a week. Then the other offer took a few more days because I forgot to put in what card to receive the reward on my account. Have a look at your rewards page and make sure you input your card details and tick the box to make sure it's signed up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

camz09 wrote: »
    That's an awful long time to wait. Mine was about a week. Then the other offer took a few more days because I forgot to put in what card to receive the reward on my account. Have a look at your rewards page and make sure you input your card details and tick the box to make sure it's signed up for that.

I only ever got one payment of $40.
    They didnt pay out on the other 2.
    I raised with customer services who took forever to respond to me..
    But long story short, they claimed I used a link that had already been used for the promotion..
    I didnt bother pushing back.. Just closed down my account instead.
    Wont be using bookings.com going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

I only ever got one payment of $40.
    They didnt pay out on the other 2.
    I raised with customer services who took forever to respond to me..
    But long story short, they claimed I used a link that had already been used for the promotion..
    I didnt bother pushing back.. Just closed down my account instead.
    Wont be using bookings.com going forward.

Have to agree with the poster here.
    Followed link to my first booking. No refund. Customer Service told me that I had not followed the correct link.
    Then checked my second booking, and made sure that the refund was due. No refund.
    CS told me that I had followed the incorrect link, spend €225, get €75 back. There is no way that I followed the incorrect link.
    Beware !
    I will not be using them again !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I used both the 40 off 80 and 75 off 225 and never had an issue! Got both payments relatively quickly after staying! Wonder why you guys are having problems??

I'd like to know if I can use the www.booking.com/club40 offer on another new account but using the same credit card that I've gotten $40/€35 off last August. I'd assume NO? They've also increased the minimum spend to $200 btw. If anybody can confirm this, that would really help. Just booked there using the link and it did confirm the offer on the confirmation but not sure if they'll honour it after the stay. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No way? Did you contact customer service?

I did indeed. They finally agreed to refund me today after I asked for an update on my enquiry. Let's see if the money is forthcoming!

Initially, Booking.com were adamant that my booking was 50c short of the minimum qualifying threshold due to a drop in the value of Yen versus Euro. I had to show them that the exchange rate was different when I was charged for my hotel, and that I was charged above the threshold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

camz09 wrote: »
    I'd like to know if I can use the www.booking.com/club40 offer on another new account but using the same credit card that I've gotten $40/€35 off last August. I'd assume NO? They've also increased the minimum spend to $200 btw. If anybody can confirm this, that would really help. Just booked there using the link and it did confirm the offer on the confirmation but not sure if they'll honour it after the stay. Thank you!

I wouldn't say the 2 accounts/ 1 credit card will work.

It seems that the $40/$80 & $40/$200 are the only offers still going for now.

$40/$80

https://www.booking.com/index.en-gb.html?aid=1311838;label=refer-UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YY4M_ebmfDuIxaIEuat_qV0nBsKiZ6gee6PU8eGWADef7vfKoOXS9hBN2NoKdC7cLg;sid=6a17ea44a77ed3e4ae9ac280762d1c9e;lang=en-gb;sb_price_type=total;soz=1;lang_click=top;cdl=fr

$40/$200

https://www.booking.com/index.en-gb.html?aid=1311838;label=refer-UmFuZG9tSVYkc2RlIyh9YfnS6M1f7d9dHX2CVRsc9GLS4wIjTWg_OzMfbeUUBjF2BzzuQmfGhFnLivd_EwFuvQ;sid=6a17ea44a77ed3e4ae9ac280762d1c9e;lang=en-gb;sb_price_type=total;soz=1;lang_click=top;cdl=fr

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Has anyone tried a combination of the $40 off and a $15 refer a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

caycro wrote: »
    Has anyone tried a combination of the $40 off and a $15 refer a friend?

How would you do that ? I thought you would need a specific link for each ?

Having said that, it looks to me that I inadvertently did just that with one of the bookings. Unfortunately this whole business with multiple accounts makes it very hard for me to confirm.
    But logically I can't see it work as you need two links ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

I don't know what ye lads are doing wrong

I just got my 4th payment of $40 refunded into the same booking.com account and the same credit card.

I have always got the email after i stay and then i leave a review, a few days later it's refunded in my Credit Card

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

Any sort of deal like this still going for booking.com?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I stayed in Dublin last weekend and left the review this week and just checked there now, €33 credited to my account so it's still valid.
    Thanks again OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Thanks for all the tips and links here....just back from hols sucessfully using this one twice (2 diff cards and accounts) .... transactions were posted AFTER I left reviews via links sent to me via email ...that must be the trigger for cashback?

Also got the 75 off 225....so thanks very much OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

lookis like the $40 off $80 is gone again.

Now it's coming up as $40 off $200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement