Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EUR75 Cashback from Booking.com when you spend aminimum EUR225

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Equium

Suckit wrote: »
    Get €75 cashback when you spend a minimum of €225 on Booking.com, booking.yeah :)

When you visit Booking.com, on the bottom of the site you should see a banner offering the deal (as seen here).

If you do not see the banner, you need to disconnect from the site and reconnect. Possibly clear your history.

The easiest way to explain how to use it, is to follow the green banners. You should check to see the green banner for €75 cashback in each step of the process (Usually in the left hand side menu after you have selected it).

Source (German Site) https://reisetopia.de/booking-com-gutschein/
    Google Translated version German to English
    You will be credited with €75 after confirmation of the booking.

Many thanks for that. Just used the link to re-book hotels in Japan, saving €225!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

Can't seem to get the green banner? Cleared cookies and browsing history, still nothing. I am using an iPad if that makes a difference ?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I can't get it either, tried both my phone and desktop PC

Update: If you use the link in the german article you'll get the banner on the page. That was the only way I could get it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭BAAA RAM EWE

Try using private/incognito mode in the browser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

You need to access the site using a specific link. Click into the German page in the OP and go through the link provided there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

bigkocman wrote: »
    You need to access the site using a specific link. Click into the German page in the OP and go through the link provided there.

Thanks, yes looks like you need to use link here to get the banner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

I made a booking a couple of days ago & is was €375. Just checked the same hotel & dates using that link & the price has gone up to €462!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Good find!

Rebooked two stays later in the year for the same price, cashback will come in handy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Just booked there and it had the banner as I was booking but didn't see any confirmation at the end. Any idea of how it gets confirmed?

Go into the booking and click view confirmation, if it tracked correctly you should see it there:

2C4h4dC.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What's the catch??? I read the t&c but nothing obvious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

maximoose wrote: »
    Go into the booking and click view confirmation, if it tracked correctly you should see it there:

2C4h4dC.png

Cheers, yes that's there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

TheDriver wrote: »
    What's the catch??? I read the t&c but nothing obvious

i think they just suffering big pressure from main competitor in our days - airbnb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

cheers just rebooked a 2 night stay down south in few weeks, awesome saving!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

I wonder could you book two separate nights in same hotel using different cards and emails etc would you get back 75euro X 2?

mad m wrote: »
    I wonder could you book two separate nights in same hotel using different cards and emails etc would you get back 75euro X 2?

But u could have to change rooms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

mad m wrote: »

I booked 2 rooms on the same night under different orders to get twice 40 euro refund. I used different names and emails. You could book and then email the hotel independently asking for the same room both nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭keos

Some additional info: I sent the link to someone I knew was looking to book accommodation through booking.com and she said she already booked.
    But when she logged in from the page with the €75 off banner, the promo automatically got applied to her existing booking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I had an exisiting booking
    Logged in with the link and got the following message

Remember, you’ll receive € 75 after you’ve completed your stay!

OP YOU LEGEND Thanks a million we had booked a staycation to keep the bills down this is the icing on the cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭kev_s88

So what's the story. Do they just email you a cheque?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

kev_s88 wrote: »
    So what's the story. Do they just email you a cheque?

Usually a credit card refund I think.

I think it's credited to the card you confirm the booking with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Some questions answered on previous similar thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057748175

keos wrote: »
    Some additional info: I sent the link to someone I knew was looking to book accommodation through booking.com and she said she already booked.
    But when she logged in from the page with the €75 off banner, the promo automatically got applied to her existing booking.

Where did you see that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

Thank you op. Booked our hotels using that link and the prices were much cheaper than they were yesterday as well as the €75 back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Nice one OP. It also applied the refund to an existing booking I had.

EDIT: It updated itself from the €35 offer to the €75 in price details. Thanks OP
    Nice one OP. It also applied the refund to an existing booking I had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭interlocked

Where did you see that?

Click into manage my bookings.

Click on view booking.

Click on price details beside the price. This should bring up a pop up that tells you that you'll recieve €75 after you complete your stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

When is valid until?

• Advertisement

I tried to get my old booking to pick up the offer but it won't. The new booking has it in the confirmation details link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭cletus

Tried rebooking a two night stay I originally booked with the $40 off offer. Cost of the room for the two nights has almost doubled. Thanks anyway OP

I noticed since this morning that my room , which has been the same price for the last 2 months, has suddenly creeped up a few euro. Obviously they don't want to loose the 75 euro themselves.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

I'm having no luck getting this deal at all. I've tried deleting cookies, private mode, logging out and back in, following different links and no banner showing at all.

markc1184 wrote: »
    I'm having no luck getting this deal at all. I've tried deleting cookies, private mode, logging out and back in, following different links and no banner showing at all.

did you use the link half way down the 1st page? Worked straight away for me

TheDriver wrote: »
    I noticed since this morning that my room , which has been the same price for the last 2 months, has suddenly creeped up a few euro. Obviously they don't want to loose the 75 euro themselves.......

Same happened to me actually for a booking in August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Great find OP, got €75 off an existing booking made weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Yes, I do believe it worked for me on an existing booking, went through the link, hit 'Got it!' and 'Remember, you’ll receive € 75 after you’ve completed your stay!' popped up in my confirmation. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

markc1184 wrote: »
    Do you have any adblocking software running, or similar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Just done this with a current booking I have for a couple of weeks away.
    Looks like it worked.
    My reward in my booking confirmation says I will get 75euro back after my stay :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Porridge77

markc1184 wrote:

That was me last night i tried all of things u did & no joy on either my phone or ipad. When i switched on the desktop computer, it worked straightaway so it might be just ur device your using . Big thanks to the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Porridge77 wrote: »
    That was me last night i tried all of things u did & no joy on either my phone or ipad. When i switched on the desktop computer, it worked straightaway so it might be just ur device your using . Big thanks to the OP.

That must have been the issue. Tried again on a desktop and it's worked now!! Cheers OP.

How long is this offer up for as flights to malaga arent up for April yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,823 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great find! I had a trip booked to Brussels and the €75 discount has been added to that, I can see it in the price details.

However if I now access booking.com by any other means apart from the link in the op, the discount is nowhere to be seen. So if I just type booking.com into the address bar or access my account via the app, there's no sign of the discount in the trip details. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

NDWC wrote: »
    Great find! I had a trip booked to Brussels and the €75 discount has been added to that, I can see it in the price details.

However if I now access booking.com by any other means apart from the link in the op, the discount is nowhere to be seen. So if I just type booking.com into the address bar or access my account via the app, there's no sign of the discount in the trip details. Strange.
    It's hardly a scam..... Is it?? Can anyone who has availed of this and actually got the money back, post here please.

Post 24 has a link to a similar thread where posters received €35 back from an identical offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

I had a booking made since January and due to travel next week and the €75 reward has just been added to the booking! Thanks OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Strangely enough despite it stating minimum 225, it applied the 75 off offer to my previous booking worth 150.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Thanks op. Just booked a trip to Amsterdam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭sector_000

what did you have to do to get it applied to an existing booking?

In my "old" booking, it doesn't say anything about the €75 in the booking confirmation except it says Remember, you’ll receive € 75 after you’ve completed your stay! down the page. The new booking has the 75 euro once they;ve verified my stay at the top of the confirmation. Which one to cancel is the question........

• Advertisement
Advertisement