Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

"Life is short, eat dessert first."

-Confucius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

New Home wrote: »
    "Life is short, eat dessert first."

-Confucius.

My life motto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

Watched episode 1 of the BBC's 'A Christmas Carol' tonight and thought it was brilliant. Episode 2 is on tomorrow night and episode 3 is on Christmas Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

DenMan wrote: »
    Watched episode 1 of the BBC's 'A Christmas Carol' tonight and thought it was brilliant. Episode 2 is on tomorrow night and episode 3 is on Christmas Eve.

Aw I missed it. I have zero control on choosing what to watch in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't want to start a thread about this, I hope no one minds...but anyone know where I might get an excellent Christmas jumper in Dublin city tomorrow?

I have 2, but haven't got a new one for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭weetiepie

Same here! A very refreshing take on it I think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have it recorded will watch all 3 together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I don't want to start a thread about this, I hope no one minds...but anyone know where I might get an excellent Christmas jumper in Dublin city tomorrow?

I have 2, but haven't got a new one for years.

Penney’s?

I’ve had one of those stressful days today. Had So much to do and so much to clean, wrap, pack. I’ll be looking forward to hitting the road tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Loughc wrote: »
    Penney’s?

Had a look in one of them last week. Didn't see much, alas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Charity shops?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loads still for sale on the stalls on Henry Street. Like, I doubt they're 100% cashmere or anything, but worth a look. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Next for the Christmas jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Have it recorded will watch all 3 together.

That's my plan too, ideally on christmas eve.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was in the Woodies in Lucan on Saturday and the place looked like it had been ransacked. Massive gap on the shop floor where all the Christmas stuff had been. 70% Off sales tend to do that! :D

Can't believe it's the 23rd already. This month has flown. Up to Blanchardstown today to get the last bits and pieces.

Big shop just finished. Now Christmas can officially start!!:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Had my parents in for Turkey and ham leftovers dinner areir. Then stuck on Paddington 2. Hilarious. Popped my head into the sitting room this morning, 2 giddy heads looked my way from the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I often wonder how do some of the shops fill their shelves when all the Christmas stock goes away.
    I'm getting prepared for storage boxes and duvet sets.

I often wonder how do some of the shops fill their shelves when all the Christmas stock goes away.
    I'm getting prepared for storage boxes and duvet sets.

I must say, I love a good duvet set! I must have at least 10 not even opened...I have a problem!! Must put our Christmas one on this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

All I can say is ... I survived Blanchardstown.
    Absolute bedlam in Dunnes earlier. Funnily enough, the rest of the shops and the centre itself weren't overly busy.

• Advertisement

My poor mam was just sent into hospital for the second time this month over her heart. It looks like she’s gonna be kept a while and will miss Christmas. :(

It’ll be the first Christmas she’ll miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭DenMan

My poor mam was just sent into hospital for the second time this month over her heart. It looks like she’s gonna be kept a while and will miss Christmas. :(

It’ll be the first Christmas she’ll miss.

Very sorry to hear that Loughc. Hope everything will be okay for her.

So sorry to hear that LoughC. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Ah that's awful loughc. I'm so sorry. Hope she's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Sorry to hear that Loughc. If there is anything we can do just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Ah sorry to hear that LoughC. Fingers crossed for her.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Loughc. If there is anything we can do just shout.

Thanks guys ye are all the best. Just felt really down as she loves Christmas and that’s where my love came from. I knew if anyone would get that it would be ye guys.

Sorry, I forgot to check their opening hours....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,845 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lough C , hope your mam will be ok , look after yourself too .

• Advertisement

Thanks guys ye are all the best. Just felt really down as she loves Christmas and that’s where my love came from. I knew if anyone would get that it would be ye guys.

Sorry about the wine post, LoughC, I didn't mean to sound callous...

Tell your Mother to think she's gone in for her NCT so that she can party for Ireland on New Year's Eve. :)

Hope she recovers quickly, it's heartbreaking to see them sick and suffering... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement