Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, that's so cute jellybear. :)
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This is my Christmas tshirt today. I'm ridiculously amused by it. :D
    498040.jpg
    I LOVE THAT. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh guys visiting Santa with your baby for the first time is just amazing. Makes me realise how lucky we are to have our little man in our lives. He was as good as gold, even smiled for his pictures :D We had a lovely little family day and even picked up some decorations. The elf one is present from the Santa we visited and then we bought the other one :)

Love the decorations. It’s amazing how quickly once they come into your life you forget what it was like before they arrived :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Finishing up work now in the next hour and will be online very little over the new few days as I take in the wonderful chaos of Christmas :D Thanks for all your company throughout the year, Christmas Elves & have a very lovely Christmas! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

First university college exams finished for Christmas so that's exciting, feel a bit more festive now! Have work for the weekend though but hey no studying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

Automatic out of office reply has been activated!

Its Christmaaaaaaassss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finished work yesterday until the 6th and brought the kids to see santa in Palmerston House. They loved it.
    Last day of school today - check. One of my favourite days of the year because the kids in the schoolare all so hyper, as are the teachers! :D
    Managed to squeeze in the Big Shop this afternoon and even managed to bring the kids to see houseofchristmaslightsdublin.com

Kids now watching a movie having their dinner and I'm having a beer.
    Life. Is. Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Happy Birthday Loughc! Hope you had a super festive day! :D

I'm all shopped out now so can't do anymore now just few presents to wrap now! Was very tired all week- joys of being pregnant with a toddler so I'm glad I'm off work as it sounds hectic although I'm disappointed to miss wine & cheese evening and secret Santa which is my baby at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,316 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Went to order our Christmas dessert Today because Today was last orders.( I know we left it late).
    Was given some answer last order was at noon Today pitty they didn't write it in their messages tough.

Actually, anyone know where you can get gluten-free sponge? I'm going to make a trifle this year.
    My wife and her family have never had it!
    I haven't had it for about 15 years but am determined to make it this year to "educate" everyone :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dobby896 wrote: »
    Automatic out of office reply has been activated!

Its Christmaaaaaaassss

Oh yes!!!

Just home from Dunnes just did the “big shop”. All nibbly bits and food and booze in for the festive period.

My local Dunnes is open 24 hours on the 23rd and they are offering 10% back if you shop between midnight and 7am. I’ve never seen Dunnes do that before.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh yes!!!

Just home from Dunnes just did the “big shop”. All nibbly bits and food and booze in for the festive period.

How's the blood pressure after the shop?

Belated happy birthday by the way

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heroditas wrote: »
    How's the blood pressure after the shop?

Belated happy birthday by the way

Thank you. :)

It’s grand we didn’t go until 8pm it was lovely and quiet. The shop itself was very festive everyone in good mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Went shopping myself this evening. I think the trick is going in the evening to supermarkets. Very peaceful , room to look around.

I made my first Christmas purchase. 14 pairs of socks for myself !! Well if I can’t treat myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Went shopping myself this evening. I think the trick is going in the evening to supermarkets. Very peaceful , room to look around.

I made my first Christmas purchase. 14 pairs of socks for myself !! Well if I can’t treat myself :)

Theres nothing better seeing someone who treat themself, go for it.
    watch that credit card after xmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Hectic day yesterday as we finished up in work and then went out for lunch that lasted 4 and a half hours before heading to the pub for a beer. Home and in bed by 11 so feeling grand today. Felt great activating the email auto reply and knowing I'm off until 6th Jan.

Out for a family dinner this afternoon and nothing else planned for the day so gonna head home after and chill out with some tv. Big shop and haircuts for me and the little man tomorrow and we're all set.

Doubt I'll be online much over Christmas so just like to take this opportunity to wish all the forum regulars, occasional visitors, newbies and lurkers a happy christmas, have a cracker guys and thanks for all the chat in 2019, see ye on the other side!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Theres nothing better seeing someone who treat themself, go for it.
    watch that credit card after xmas!

Oh now. I broke the bank on those socks ! Can’t get too carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Out last night with a few friends who are home for Christmas, so feeling a bit delicate this morning! Deep clean of oven and fridge last major things to do so will get stuck into those this afternoon while the wife does ‘the big shop’ (love that phrase :)) and kids are in grandparents.

Similar to others will be winding down the online time for the rest of Christmas so just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on the forum for your friendship during the year. Deciding to get involved here has been one of my better decisions and it’s like a private little club!

It just leaves me to stay a big Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all and hope you and yours have a peaceful and relaxing time. Look forward to catching up in 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A busy morning with quite a few visitors calling to wish us a happy Christmas. It put the stop on a few visits we had planned this morning but there's still a few days left to call on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Heroditas wrote: »
    Actually, anyone know where you can get gluten-free sponge? I'm going to make a trifle this year.
    My wife and her family have never had it!
    I haven't had it for about 15 years but am determined to make it this year to "educate" everyone :D

I don’t think gf sponge would hold up for trifle - I think you could try to make gf lady fingers

Edit: there’s a company in D7 that do online orders, called little Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

DvB have a great Christmas pal.

Loughc happy birthday!!

All the other regular elves you guys make the year abroad so much easier and it's one of the best gifts each year, thank you.

Have a great Christmas!!!

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    DvB have a great Christmas pal.

Loughc happy birthday!!

All the other regular elves you guys make the year abroad so much easier and it's one of the best gifts each year, thank you.

Have a great Christmas!!!

Many happy returns Jude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Any sky customers?

attachment.php?attachmentid=498189&d=1577004773

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love that they present having a film that you can keep for years and watch whenever you want as a novelty. I just have it on DVD. :pac:

I have it on DVD too. I got it when it first came out. Love being able to put it on, no reliance on downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Christmas nails :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=498227&d=1577032199

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

That is pretty Kitten!! I used to get festive nails done every year until last year.

Spent the day chilling out watching films on TV, nice to finally have a day at home doing nothing but that :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I sent a mail to my parents/siblings that are coming over for dinner to suggest that maybe, just maybe, we cut down on the volume of deserts/sweets this year as every family dinner goes bloody insane on them.

I was to contribute the trifle, which I have the makings of and will do on Tuesday; and have custard and cream for other stuff.

I have now come back from my parents house with:

1 Christmas cake
    1 Cadbury chocolate cake
    1 pudding
    1 box of Dairy Milk sweets
    1 box of various Cadbury bun-bar things
    1 box of Teasers
    1 box of Lily O'Briens
    2 large tins of biscuits

There's apparently some posh ice cream to come...

There are SIX of us. I think there's about 4000 calories of deserts per person now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

L1011 wrote: »
    I sent a mail to my parents/siblings that are coming over for dinner to suggest that maybe, just maybe, we cut down on the volume of deserts/sweets this year as every family dinner goes bloody insane on them.

I was to contribute the trifle, which I have the makings of and will do on Tuesday; and have custard and cream for other stuff.

I have now come back from my parents house with:

1 Christmas cake
    1 Cadbury chocolate cake
    1 pudding
    1 box of Dairy Milk sweets
    1 box of various Cadbury bun-bar things
    1 box of Teasers
    1 box of Lily O'Briens
    2 large tins of biscuits

There's apparently some posh ice cream to come...

There are SIX of us. I think there's about 4000 calories of deserts per person now.

At least it's a start. You've a couple of days left to get some more treats in.

• Advertisement

At least it's a start. You've a couple of days left to get some more treats in.

Better to be safe than sorry :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement