Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Was meant to got to see Christine & The Queens tonight which was a birthday pressie from my wife but the gigs cancelled. :( Silver lining, I'm now in my onesie about light a fire to watch the toy show! :)

Ah no way I literally only heardit advertised this week and thought about getting tickets but we've too much on this wkend!

I'm watching the toy show but not the biggest fan. But I feel obliged to watch it as it's a Christmas institution!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tree up, feet sore, pjs on and toy show on tv. It’s definitely Christmas season.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The set could really do with a few trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh lads, it just gets more disappointing every year. It's just far too rushed! Sorry for being a bah humbug!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Donagh and Leo were awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,869 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh lads, it just gets more disappointing every year. It's just far too rushed! Sorry for being a bah humbug!:P

I watched some of it , and thought it was very flat , no atmosphere or merriment coming across . I'm definitely the grinch !!

in actually happy with The Toy Show Tonight for the first time in years.
    Apart from the set it's not overly themed and Ryan is better this year.

289412-Good-Morning-Happy-First-Day-Of-December-Gif-Quote.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

1st day of Advent!!! \o/

Oooh I get to open the first day of my Next advent calendar :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Morning Happy 1st December Elves enjoy opening your advent calendars, I hope there are no sore heads after the Toy Show
    I thought something was missing from the Toy Show I can’t put my finger on it

I should be heading to the shops this morning to get more lights and decorations but the car needs to be serviced and I have a meeting in work I hope it doesn’t go on too long the weekends are short enough

Yesterday was the first time it felt Christmassy in Tesco in long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Christmas wallpaper is up

Seven Worlds will Collide

Cedric :D

Just going to town and a good few houses are decoratd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

It’s only the 1st of December and already I am feeling like I am running out of time

Tomorrow is another day I’m on the couch for the evening with a Chinese on the way

I’ve a Christmas tree lights dilemma so I may need your help fellow Elves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Loving to see the tree thread getting busy !

Had a busy festive day: got a few goodies at the Christmas fair (mince meat and a mini-pudding), lunch in town, a browse in a bookshop, and a movie.

Another fair planned for tomorrow !
    Cozying up indoors now !

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Chilli Jam is done.
    Fed the Christmas cakes.
    Making the first batch of ice creams & sorbets I've planned to have over the Christmas season. There's not a jott of Christmas decorations up yet but I'm feeling Christmassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

SarahLil wrote: »
    It’s only the 1st of December and already I am feeling like I am running out of time

Tomorrow is another day I’m on the couch for the evening with a Chinese on the way

I’ve a Christmas tree lights dilemma so I may need your help fellow Elves

I get this completely. I always feel the last few weeks fly by in a whirlwind and the big day arrives faster than I want it to. I definitely want to make time to relax and enjoy December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

otnomart wrote: »
    Loving to see the tree thread getting busy !

Had a busy festive day: got a few goodies at the Christmas fair (mince meat and a mini-pudding), lunch in town, a browse in a bookshop, and a movie.

Another fair planned for tomorrow !
    Cozying up indoors now !

Where is tomorrow's fair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Where is tomorrow's fair?
    I don't live in Ireland, sorry if misleading !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭gidget

Unfortunately I don't know if i'll be able to put a tree up this year. I adopted a new dog on Thursday and he's got destruction issues. He's already managed to get a hold of 2 Christmas baubles and had them shredded to pieces within a minute. He's even chewing up the mental stimulation stuff I got to keep him occupied. I've booked us into a Christmas Manners training course for the next 3 Wednesdays.

gidget wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't know if i'll be able to put a tree up this year. I adopted a new dog on Thursday and he's got destruction issues. He's already managed to get a hold of 2 Christmas baubles and had them shredded to pieces within a minute. He's even chewing up the mental stimulation stuff I got to keep him occupied. I've booked us into a Christmas Manners training course for the next 3 Wednesdays.

You could look at putting a fire guard around the tree and keep the more shatter resistant stuff at the bottom or just keep breakables away this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

People in work have FINALLY stopped moaning about Christmas music playing now that it's December :D

Getting wrapping paper tomorrow and gonna get cracking on gift wrapping. Busy the next few weekends because I've got work party, slimming world party and family parties so I can only do it after work, bit by bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tree went up in work on Friday. I have finally managed to delegate the task to my Christmas Elves in the office. I'm no longer the "Christmas Gestapo" :D
    (they also did a very good job decorating the office but I can't go overboard with praise)

Anyway, tree going up tomorrow at home.
    Advent calendar was hung above the fireplace the other night and we have another three including the M&S beauty one (for the better half), the Lego City one (for the kids) and the Lindt one (also for the kids) on the go.

Only two insane weeks of work left, including a trip to Brussels on the 12th, before I can start to wind down. Phew!!!

Stay strong everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

gidget wrote: »

First Christmas with a puppy for us too. Ours doesn't have any destructive issues beyond the normal puppy behaviour, so if your guy is extreme, this may be useless advice altogether.

I put the tree up last night and I crated him in another room while I did it.

Then I brought him in on the lead and sat with him beside the tree. I gave him treats as he sat there. I've very little on the tree and it's only the top two thirds that are decorated so that there is nothing dangling, asking to be ripped off.

I also got him two brand new toys to take the focus off the tree and my hope is that once the novelty of the new toys has worn off, so too will the novelty of the tree

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And here is the first Christmas hangover of the season

:(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Loughc wrote: »
    And here is the first Christmas hangover of the season

:(

Hon ya boy ya.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pandamonia in the sitting room Friday night. The stand for the tree broke. Was bought for 60 pounds in roches stores around 1990. Down to woodies, got a new one. Jigged it up, put tree together. And in 1 go, I got the lights done. And no rows. Amazing.

Rathwood was very nice, got down there late so we could see all the lights. Free hot chocolate for kids, if you are passing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭DenMan

RTE repeated the Toy Show yesterday afternoon. They always did it on a Sunday I remember.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement