Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's lovely, jellybear. :)

Christmas FM is being discussed on Today with Maura and Daithí at17:15!
    My friend showed me a clip where they were talking about pets the other day- the general consensus was dogs should only be kept outdoors and people that let pets on their bed are idiots. Maura apparently mentioned her cat being sick recently and Dathí laughed at her for worrying over a stupid animal. One of the guests didn't understand why his family brought their poorly dog to the vet instead of just leaving it.

So I wouldn't want to hear them discuss Christmas, thanks! :pac:

Posy wrote: »

My friend showed me a clip where they were talking about pets the other day- the general consensus was dogs should only be kept outdoors and people that let pets on their bed are idiots. Maura apparently mentioned her cat being sick recently and Dathí laughed at her for worrying over a stupid animal. One of the guests didn't understand why his family brought their poorly dog to the vet instead of just leaving it.

:( That's after making me so sad

• Registered Users Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Posy wrote: »

The discussion at the begging they always have one person for and against the item being discussed. If they all agreed that the dog belonged in the bed bit would be a little boring.
    Maura used keep her cat in her bed until her kid was born.
    From what I heard Maura said she lives Christmas FM and listens to it from when it starts and I think she said she has a little tree on her mantel piece.
    Daithí likes putting the tree up for the 8th but he now puts it up for the Toy Show.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

If someone loves Christmas, but doesn't like animals they can go love Christmas somewhere else! :D
    I'm just very biased, I love cats and doggies. :)

Edit: Any publicity for Christmas FM is good of course, fp, no matter what I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭Jude13

jellybear wrote: »
    Well done all for breaking the record!:D

On a personal note...and hopefully it's not weird to say!?! Jude13, I'm loving reading your posts every morning as I'm eating breakfast. Great Christmas cheer at 7:30am!! :D

Need to do my annual trip to Dogstrust to deliver Christmas pressies and pick up Christmas cards. Every year I buy €100 worth of treats, toys blankets etc and drop them in. Might do it this weekend :)

Ahhh jellybear, that has brightened up my day, thank you. I feel the same. I leave work when the posting starts in Ireland and do not check it at home. So when I am arriving in work in a grump or sitting awaiting an early morning flight it always picks me up to see the little number in the top right of the screen meaning there are Christmas things awaiting.

I also share your love of pets, our 30kg mutt is spoiled at Christmas (never in the bed and has a dog flap so both inside and outside dog). I bought a load of Guide dog cards as we have a family connection with the charity. My in laws are bringing them over, they arrive today! We are writing them here, sticking on the stamps we bought, and sending them back with the inlaws to post.

We have the Dubai rugby 7's tomorrow which is very christmasy, then Christmas drinks in our house with all our friends on Saturday. It's building up nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did anyone hear the woman talking about decorating for Christmas on Today FM? She has the best job! Worth listening back to later.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Christmas will be officially kicking off for us this weekend.

Toy show tomorrow night. We are heading towards our second re-write of the Santa letter and it gets posted Saturday.

Then going to bring the young lad ice-skating for the first time ever as a surprise, followed by a wander around the Christmas market and buying our 2018 bauble for the tree.

I'll feed my Christmas cakes, and order the last of the Christmas presents and get a few more non-perishables on the shopping list. Next weekend we will pick out the tree and put it up.

Getting excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,869 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My reindeer socks are finally reunited :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We were going to put the tree up Friday night, when the kids go to bed. But they started asking the other day about decorations. I know they'd walk on the lights, when I have the stretched out all over the floor. So I suggested we put the tree and lights up tonight, and let them do a few baubles tomorrow. She hasn't said no yet, so it might be a runner yet.

The plan for Friday was Stuffing Balls and decorations up, Saturday we're meeting friends down in Rathwood. Keeping the Santa visit to the following Saturday in Kildare farm foods. We loved his local accent last year, and it was free!

I tuned Christmas FM into the wife's car yest, and she never noticed when she went down town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just dug our Elf on the Shelf out of the attic. He'll be arriving on Saturday morning to much fan fare. He'll be bringing the advent calendar & will also be setting up some sort of a Christmas themed breakfast. :D

I'm excited now....I'll prob be sick of the so and so come next week :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Our christmas officially kicks of this weekend also. We'll record the toy show as myself & herself are at our GAA clubs christmas party Friday night, saturday we'll put up the tree's (we have 2) and decorations & settle in to watch the toy show with the kids, the Elf on the shelf shall also arrive Saturday morning complete with 2 advent calendars. Sunday the kids have their GAA christmas party & then just as that finishes we're off to Causey Farm to see Santa were christmas jumpers, hats etc shall be worn for the first time this season!!!

Really looking forward to it now, especially as we're off on Monday to pick up the last couple of bits while the kids are in school!!

'Its the most wonderful time of the year'
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

46790495_10156364709124902_3917726376928477184_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=5b1aa88f051ccf58542f87b3a75c0eb4&oe=5CAB6930

Hmmm... Wondering what snacks I should buy in for the toy show...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hmmm... Wondering what snacks I should buy in for the toy show...

Simples. All of them :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Simples. All of them :pac:

I like the way you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Devastated. Hubby is finishing up in work tomorrow after over 10 years in his company so he's going out after. No one to watch the Toyshow with :(
    Seems unnatural to record it and watch it on a Saturday night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Go all of us Elves for breaking the record !

Christmas officially started last week-end ! I flew home for it and we cracked open one of the treats: candied chestnuts (marron glacé).
    How so very bold of us !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I looooooooooooooooooooooove marrons glacés!!! Lucky you!!!

Devastated. Hubby is finishing up in work tomorrow after over 10 years in his company so he's going out after. No one to watch the Toyshow with :(

There's always Milo! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

I knew you'd say that :D We also have a budgie, Ivy, so she'll watch it too :)

Hubby just arrived home with these... Christmas doughnuts!!!!

• Advertisement

I never have anyone to watch it with. My husband has no interest. I do have Prosecco though, and that’s kind of the same thing.

47086743_2195273680505847_4004725556598800384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=1546765d0e6da800e973fc1f6cc03639&oe=5CA93BDF

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I was late home from work today and driving through the estate I saw a good few trees up. It was so lovely!! I can't wait to see most of them pop up this weekend!! We put ours up last weekend. I love it ❤ we also put my mams tree up. She was away and didn't know so when she got home from hols the tree was up. She was equal amounts of disgusted and delighted :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christmas starting for me too.

Tree went up in work, tree going up tomorrow at home and toy show and Christmas party on Saturday. It begins!!!

It really feels like there is a change in the air, doesn't it? It suddenly feels very Christmassy. I was on a different bus route on the way home today and I came across a very lit up house. Definitely taking a drive down to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Love it

467177.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

kitten_k wrote: »
    Oh I would love that.

My dress arrived for one of my Christmas parties where Christmas clothing is mandatory!

467012.jpeg

I came home and my Mam had bought me this necklace to wear with my dress 😂

467178.jpeg

Love the necklace haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

In case I happened to miss the post or the numerous ones after it or maybe I'm just living in hope, did anybody get tickets to the Toy Show?

• Advertisement

In case I happened to miss the post or the numerous ones after it or maybe I'm just living in hope, did anybody get tickets to the Toy Show?

Seems to be a no again this year and no mention online of anyone winning them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement