Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

is that a pic of you in in dress? Miow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

beertons wrote: »
    is that a pic of you in in dress? Miow

I wish!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

kitten_k wrote: »
    I wish!!

I'll pretend you didn't reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Loughc wrote: »
    Seems to be a no again this year and no mention online of anyone winning them.

There was a competition on their website to win tickets. Results were due to be released tonight at nine but it just gives a 404 error. The wait goes on...

Colibri wrote: »
    My girlfriend is guessing The Greatest Showman!

Looks like your girlfriend was right

https://entertainment.ie/tv/tv-news/the-theme-of-this-years-late-late-toy-show-has-been-revealed-385773/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Colibri wrote: »
    My girlfriend is guessing The Greatest Showman!

She deserves another present now for this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,365 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

47136651_1187101274776138_9008799963282407424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=4900d10a5c795f2cee9c14397fa8483d&oe=5CAE6651

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DvB

47086743_2195273680505847_4004725556598800384_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=1546765d0e6da800e973fc1f6cc03639&oe=5CA93BDF

Baileys whipped cream is back!!!! Result!!!! Will pick this up over the weekend assuming Dunnes in Blanch has it in stock!!

FTR if it has Baileys in it, I want it & will eat it in huge quantities if let!!:D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you’re a big Baileys fan, it’s a tenner in Supervalu at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Start of Christmas for us too this weekend! We have a very busy weekend lined up. Toy show tonight which myself and Mr. CL will watch together, kids are too small to stay up but we will record it for them. Tomorrow, we are going to a wedding in Dublin City Centre. The venue is supposed to be all done up for Christmas so I will try and take some snaps! :D

Then Sunday, we will collect the kids. I'm going to go into Aldi at ridiculous o clock to get their matching family pjs. Then come home, stick the toy show on for the kids, start putting up the tree in the kitchen and putting out the rest of the decs. Then on Sunday evening, we are going to a Christmas concert in Segrave in Dunany with Mary Byrne (Tesco Mary :P) so I'm going to wear my Christmas dress that I got in the sale last Jan :D

• Advertisement

The Late Late Toy Show theme is The Greatest Showman!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Toy Show is on tonight!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Back to work Monday and then it's 3 weeks until the big day!

Most of my family is coming for dinner this year after what can only be described as the worst few years we've had. It'll be nice to be distracted with food and drink :)

Giggidy!!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Tesco doing it for a tenner until Sunday too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I've just put the Christmas duvet covers in the wash & retrieved the Christmas oilcloth from the attic :D:D:D It's all starting to get very real :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Dunnes doing the Baileys for a tenner too!! OMG was just in Dunnes in Shannon at lunchtime....it's crazy busy!! Like proper Christmas busy......even the lady collecting money for bag packing said it had been like that all morning.

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Dunnes doing the Baileys for a tenner too!! .

Two of them bad boys going in the trolley tomorrow so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭DenMan

I'm putting up and decorating the Christmas tree with my Mam now. :D

One of my Christmas confessions is I don't really like The Toy Show.
    I used like it when I was a child and even as a teenager but can't seem to get into it now.
    I love all the other elements of Christmas even things I'd be considered to old for.
    The only conclusion I can come to is it's sort of a mix of Ryan and the shoe not being Christmassy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I can take or leave the toy show. My partner seems to love it though so I'll stick on the mulled wine and watch along.

I think I've left it too late to do my chilli jam. It needs 4 weeks to mature. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Neyite wrote: »
    I can take or leave the toy show. My partner seems to love it though so I'll stick on the mulled wine and watch along.

I think I've left it too late to do my chilli jam. It needs 4 weeks to mature. Balls.

It's basically 4 weeks until the big day so there's still time, and if not, it could be the perfect way to kick off the New Year! I'm going to make mine this weekend. I also have to start making the mince pies and freezing them so there's no shortage!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Neyite wrote: »

I’m doing mine tomorrow. I’ve done it the week before and it’s been fine too.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thanks! I'll do it tomorrow so.

Phew! I was gutted earlier that my daydreaming about the baked camembert I was planning was all for naught. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

One of my Christmas confessions is I don't really like The Toy Show.
    I used like it when I was a child and even as a teenager but can't seem to get into it now.
    I love all the other elements of Christmas even things I'd be considered to old for.
    The only conclusion I can come to is it's sort of a mix of Ryan and the shoe not being Christmassy enough.

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Happy Friday Elves !
    Those who are looking forward to the Toy Show, enjoy it!

I am looking forward to a Christmas fair tomorrow, hoping to get some mince pies !

I’m all set for the toy show. Toy show jammies on. Gonna watch Christmas Prince 2 now and then the toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Have a great Toy Show everyone I’m on the prosecco already it has been a long week,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope everyone enjoys the toy show , doubt I'll be watching it , but enjoy !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Was meant to got to see Christine & The Queens tonight which was a birthday pressie from my wife but the gigs cancelled. :( Silver lining, I'm now in my onesie about light a fire to watch the toy show! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement