Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Djasek 1.40 Navan is expected to run better than price suggests 16 to 1 Lads and worth a few quid ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Well just a bit of an update from me. I've scratched in the 2pm @ Exeter - The Jitterbug. I've traded off and took 'most' of my money backed, I know 'whispers and words' are forbidden here on boards but I'm hearing a mixed bag about the jitterbug and from what I've been told it won't be winning today. I take the persons word over my form analysis so I've just scrapped my bet on the jitter bug altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

2.40 askann 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    I have a few decent bets lined up on relatively poor days racing but still some decent opportunities buried in there.

1.40 Navan, Galet Doudairies, horse is quite short at around 8/15 currently on the exchange. Even at that short price I feel it warrants value. I had the horse prices up around 1/4. I've been feeding in small amounts but I feel once the market hardens it will probably only get shorter. I've backed and will continue to back to win.

2.00 Exeter, The Jitterbug, around even money - 11/10 and again I think it's good enough value. I backed it last time and made notes it will improve and win multiple times on the bounce.

I've backed both singles and in doubles.

3.10 Navan, Young Ted, around 15/8. I've been laying to lose for small amounts over the past few hours. I'll continue to lay once the market is more liquid. I don't think the horse will win. I have the race priced up 4/1 co favs of 4. I'm quite sure the horse won't win.

Best bets of the day would be Galet Doudairies to win and Young Ted to lose but fairly confident the jitterbug will win too.

3 possible bets for the evening depending on how things pan out in the afternoon.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

you are going for a full house of losing selections so im backing young ted till the cows come home

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

akelly02 wrote: »
    you are going for a full house of losing selections so im backing young ted till the cows come home

He's 2/2 so far so it looks like you may be right :pac:

• Advertisement

4.10 Rossderrin 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 35,683 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Cape Greco One to watch. Should win next time out

Cape Greco runs at 7.00 at Southwell
    5lb claimer on board , some market support

7-2 2f

• Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cape Greco runs at 7.00 at Southwell
    5lb claimer on board , some market support

7-2 2f

Neat winner @ 4/1. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

It's cold & wet out so thought I'd give a glance over the racing.
    Five for me tomorrow in an EW S. Yankee.

2.30 Ex- Fortescue 4/1
    4.00 Tudors Treasure 7/2
    5.30 Sw- Pumblechook 3/1
    6.00 Sw- Going Native 4/7
    6.30 Sw- Silverturnstogold 3/1.

Damn that Pumblechook! Ah well, 4/5 an't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

I wish I paid more attention - well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

rtron wrote: »
    I wish I paid more attention - well done.

I'm more of a reader than a poster with racing picks so you'd be forgiven for dismissing it :p

Was out tonight but did not really fancy much.

Did a place pot and quad pot for interest and enjoyed watching the replay.

2.20 Catterick, Flanagans Field, around 2/1 on the exchange. I've had my biggest bet in a long time on the horse today, actually my biggest bet since Christmas. I've backed it to win. If the jockey Charlie Price keeps it simple, it will win very easy.

Well done Goat.
    He struggled but he got there.

Well done Goat.
    He struggled but he got there.

I would have preferred an easier win but as you said it got there in the end so job done.

My last bet of the day.

3pm Lingfield, Renardeau, around 6/4. Backed it to win.

I'm done til tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

I'll have one final bet, the reason being. I had it maked down as 'a maybe' this morning but the price was too high to I left it. However, some people are backing the horse which suits me as I don't think it will finish in the frame.

Final Final bet until tomorrow.

3.50 Catterick, Ringaringarosie. I don't like the horse in this race at all. I don't think it will be in the first 2 places. I'm laying 2 places @ around 15/8 - 2/1 on the exchange. Or bet365 are offering 2/5 not to be places, robbing us as usual but I've taken the 2/5 there too.

Til tomorrow.

Andrew Balding sends 3 with chances to Kempton this evening.

Luck of Clover ew 6.15. Has been a bit disappointing but can play a part tonight.

Berlin Tango 7 to 4 7.15 is in good form.

Oloroso 7.45 ew 4 to 1 is expected to be back to best gourmand 4 places available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    I'll have one final bet, the reason being. I had it maked down as 'a maybe' this morning but the price was too high to I left it. However, some people are backing the horse which suits me as I don't think it will finish in the frame.

Final Final bet until tomorrow.

3.50 Catterick, Ringaringarosie. I don't like the horse in this race at all. I don't think it will be in the first 2 places. I'm laying 2 places @ around 15/8 - 2/1 on the exchange. Or bet365 are offering 2/5 not to be places, robbing us as usual but I've taken the 2/5 there too.

Til tomorrow.

Spot on it was last

Just watching the racing here, I'm not betting. In the 7.45, Broughtons Flare, you could say it's big enough priced around 15/2 but I have it priced up around 20/1 in this particular race. I was tempted to lay it for 3 places, I'd say it will finish nearer last than first even with Hayley in the saddle.

Chookie Dunedin and Tranchee look pretty decent value. This is one of the poorest races of the day in my opinion, won't take much to win it.

1.50 Wincanton, Hollymount Holly. Horse is around 11/10. I don't think it will win today. Hacked up first time out but the races was run in terrible conditions and most of the others struggled that day. In time I'd say it will win again when it gets more experience over hurdles. It's a lay bet, I don't think it will win and it's my best bet of the day.
    In the same race - Born In Borris looks a very nice prospect and at around 5/1 I was tempted to have a bit of E.W but I decided to play it safe and just lay the short priced fav.

Few potential nice bets lined up for today. Good luck to anyone betting today.

• Advertisement

Another great shout Goat.

2 bets in the last few races for me.

In the 7.30 @ Newcastle, Zarkavon is around 8/11 give or take a little to be placed. I'm currently backing this horse to be in the first 3 places. Do I think the horse will win the race, more than likely not as there is horses with better form in the race, but the horse is consistent and I think Zarkavon will be in the first 3 places.
    If I had to pick a horse to win or go very close it would have to be Dont Be Surprised, but I'm just sticking to backing Zarkavon to be in the first 3 places.

8.00 gweedore 10/1
    8.30 van gerwen 16/1

Last bet of the night for me.

8pm Newcastle, Hong Kong Dragon, horse is around 4/1. I have it priced up around 2/1. I could back it E.W but I've just backed it to win.

I'm done til tomorrow.

surly N over j gets his long awaited win in the fist at chelmsford

• Registered Users Posts: 35,683 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

De Little Engine 20-1

I fancy this in this group, nothing special here. It has been in groups of horses up to a 77 rating lately,
    this a weaker group.

Was priced at up to 66-1 at 9 this morning.

surly N over j gets his long awaited win in the fist at chelmsford

Genuinely the biggest nuisance of a horse around

2.35 Chelmsford, Festive Love, around 2/1 on the exchange. I've backed it to win and it's my best bet of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Fancy Thunderoad in the 7:30, went close in this class couple of runs ago and had it marked for next time. Went up in class and still put in a good effort last time so back down to class 6 now I think will be hard beat. 11/4 with bet365 at the moment

• Advertisement

I don't know what went wrong with that horse earlier, the money was down, run was too bad to be true but that's racing.

5.15 Dundalk, getting involved with 2 in the race.

5.15, Aloysius Lilius, laying 3 places I don't think it will be in the first 3, laying around 6/4 - 13/8'ish
    5.15 Sceptical, around 9/4, backing the horse to win.

Advertisement