Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

md323 wrote: »
    4/9 unplaced
    13/8 unplaced

And Bbold finished 2nd.

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

That’s a bad day of punting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

munster87 wrote: »
    That’s a bad day of punting.

A good €6 down the drain I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

19:00
    3 - Family Fortunes @ 11/2

19:30
    13 - Songo @ 13/2 chancing the german newcomer but originally fancied muraqeb

20:00
    3 - Waqaas @ 15/2

20:30
    2 - Champion Brogie @ 13/2
    Win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

And Bbold finished 2nd.

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

6 horse race. 4 didnt finish. Bbold finished 2nd ....34 lengths behind the winner.
    That's just unfortunate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Tomorrow

Mukha Magic 11-1 2.35 Southwell . Short of room, but ran on well last time out to come 3rd . Small field here, and trainer has good record around here

Won well

Paddleyourowncanoe won well for me last 2 times i backed it. But i think the weights have caught up with it in the 3.40 newcastle tomorrow despite early money.

So ill back the favourite at 9/4 in thehopes his nearest rival isn't going full tilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,764 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Exceed Loose 4.15
    12-1

3 decent runs this year for Botti, but always held up in rear, I expect a honest run here.
    A competitive field though, very open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

We've had (topical and humourous) 'Brexit' the horse already.

Let's hope nobody calls one of their latest geegee 'Corona/Coronavirus', or even worse if we get a poster called 'SonofCorona'.

Imagine there will be a reduction in races, luckily enough am currently channeling the lotto numbers for Friday's EM, and will invest in facemasks and Novacyt NCYT instead.

Paddleyourowncanoe won well for me last 2 times i backed it. But i think the weights have caught up with it in the 3.40 newcastle tomorrow despite early money.

So ill back the favourite at 9/4 in thehopes his nearest rival isn't going full tilt.

Finished well behind in 4th.
    Unfortunately i didnt pick the winner

• Advertisement

gallipoli 4/1 4.45

7.30 Upavon 10/3
    8.00 Arlechinnos arc 13/2

2 at Newcastle

5.45 Oliver's Betty 125/1 Boyle's/PP/Lads

Only 1 run on the flat. Ran okay for a while plotting a wide course in a "Jumper's" Bumper last time here.
    Was over 2m that day - down to 1m today - in a fast run race for the grade, so it appears she goes well at the course. Massive price and I'll
    go each way here.

6.15 Rumshak 20/1 PP

A course and distance winner. Last run can be forgotten about as it was after an absence. Is capable of making all and am also going each
    way on this one at a decent price.

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

6.00 Dundalk Guild 11/2

2.45 zim baby 3/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Put a few a few quid on Watchable today as I wait to board a flight to Dublin from the Algarve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

4.20 Lingfield, no4 Outlane

7.30 Irish minister 16/1
    8.00 medici moon 15/2

Very difficult finding winners lately what with abandonments and ground conditions etc. Hopefully the All Weather tracks will be okay at least and meetings go ahead next week.

Decided to have a look at the Wolves card on Monday.

2 or 3 I think have decent chances and the probable SPs appear decent. Whether they will be those prices tomorrow eve or Monday morning is another thing entirely.

Will put them up if the prices are alright - I think they have all good each way chances anyway....

Evening folks. Had a look at a few and the prices are okay.

3 at Wolverhampton tomorrow I like

4.45 Allux Boy 14/1 PP, Boyles, Lads

A regular at the course here. Normally runs over the extended 8f; is taking on the 9 1/2f trip tomorrow. Has run a few times over the shorter trip where it has won a few times and almost always hits the line well.

Will need to stay this longer trip (has only ran once before over C & D) so if it runs a hold up race from its wide draw it should be involved here though luck in running will be needed.

5.45 Big Lachie 5/1 PP, Boyles, Lads

Runs over 6f tomorrow and has come 2nd and 3rd last two times he has tackled the trip. Has Hollie Doyle up. Good chance.

6.45 Vipin 6/1 Lads, Boyles

Ran alright last time at Lingfield over 10f. Took up the running 2fs out but was caught soon after and ended up 3rd. That was in a 6 runner field. The shorter trip tomorrow should suit as well as the field size - 7 take part here.

There are a few frontrunners in the race, so should get a nice tow into it to hit the front late. Tom Marquand had his first spin on the selection last time and again takes the ride so another reason to make this one of interest.

Going each way on them plus each way doubles and treble.

Good Luck

• Advertisement

Problem with night before is neither PP or skybet do best odds guaranteed until thr next morning...

Problem with night before is neither PP or skybet do best odds guaranteed until thr next morning...

PP stopped giving best odds some time ago,it is 8 oc on the day now befor bog but afaik multiples are still guaranteed,but check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2.55 Leopardstown, Discordantly, around 5/4 and I honestly don't think the horse will win. I've been laying the horse to lose all morning. This is my strongest bet of the month so far. The second fav - Dortmund Park really should win the race, won't find a better opportunity but for me it's just a massive lay bet on the fav Discordantly.

Tabaahy would be a great bet in the 5.45 at Wol if the race was over 5 furlongs the horse who is ridden from behind and can still win but would not warrant a big bet

I put a few quid on ew in Lads as they are money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav.

I also backed Big Lachie in the same race.

5.15 Wolverhamton, Cheeky Rascal, horse is around 2/1 or 7/4'ish. I have the horse priced up around 5/1. I honestly can't see it winning. This is another lay bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭robwen

One to watch. Should win next time out

Cape Greco out tomor evening 7pm Southwell around 9/4 fav

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

It's cold & wet out so thought I'd give a glance over the racing.
    Five for me tomorrow in an EW S. Yankee.

2.30 Ex- Fortescue 4/1
    4.00 Tudors Treasure 7/2
    5.30 Sw- Pumblechook 3/1
    6.00 Sw- Going Native 4/7
    6.30 Sw- Silverturnstogold 3/1.

A forecast would have been nice.

Powers were money back to a bigger priced winner so I had a little on there.

• Advertisement

I have a few decent bets lined up on relatively poor days racing but still some decent opportunities buried in there.

1.40 Navan, Galet Doudairies, horse is quite short at around 8/15 currently on the exchange. Even at that short price I feel it warrants value. I had the horse prices up around 1/4. I've been feeding in small amounts but I feel once the market hardens it will probably only get shorter. I've backed and will continue to back to win.

2.00 Exeter, The Jitterbug, around even money - 11/10 and again I think it's good enough value. I backed it last time and made notes it will improve and win multiple times on the bounce.

I've backed both singles and in doubles.

3.10 Navan, Young Ted, around 15/8. I've been laying to lose for small amounts over the past few hours. I'll continue to lay once the market is more liquid. I don't think the horse will win. I have the race priced up 4/1 co favs of 4. I'm quite sure the horse won't win.

Best bets of the day would be Galet Doudairies to win and Young Ted to lose but fairly confident the jitterbug will win too.

3 possible bets for the evening depending on how things pan out in the afternoon.

Good luck to anyone betting today.

Advertisement