Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I may be mistaken but i think i read some time ago that Tony Martin is in line for a substantial bonus if THOSEDAYSAREGONE wins the Coral handicap at 2.50 at Cheltenham.

A good winner last time he has been raised 13 lbs for this.A lot of horses have been laid out for this, JP is mob handed and Mullins and Elliot have plenty of entries.

STRATUM may prove best of the Mullins runners but i have had a few quid ew on THOSEDAYSAREGONE in the knowledge that Martin has few peers when it comes to winning big handicaps, 14/1 is available and i will have a saver on Stratum.

PP are going 7 places.

Go the ZEE !..good info Dude ...will take it on board ..

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

Go the ZEE !..good info Dude ...will take it on board ..

Is thosedaysaregone not trained by charles byrnes?🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Niallers87 wrote: »
    Is thosedaysaregone not trained by charles byrnes?��

Yes of course he is,thanks for drawing the error to my attention.

They have very similar profiles in both are capable of landing good touches.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Champ today 7/2. a fine horse. Hoping it does itself justice

PP money back if 2nd 3rd 4th in the 1.30,ENVOI ALLEN looks very good but if anyone wants to take him on or bet without THE BIG BREAKAWAY at 10s pp is the bet.

2.50 i have already suggested THOSEDAYSAREGONE and STRATUM are worth a look in this mad handicap.

4.10 i have put up CHIC NAME at 50s for a fun bet and as 66/1 is now available i increased my bet to a tenner ew,i am convinced CHIC NAME will give us a good run at a huge price.

5.30 if one wants to take on APPRECIATE, QUEENS BROOK is an ew suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Champ today 7/2. a fine horse. Hoping it does itself justice

Wow. Phenomenal. Surpassed my expectations with that finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

2.50 Cheltenham, Dame De Compagnie, I don't think the horse will be placed in the first 4. I'm laying around @ 6/5 not to be placed. The horse is really not as tough as many in the race and I'm sure being Cheltenham it will be knocked about today. The majority of it's other races it had things go it's own way whether it won/placed or not. I feel very strong it won't be in the first 4 and it's my best bet of the day.

3.05 Huntingdon, Emma Lamb, horse is around 9/4, I've backed it to win.

3.15 Lingfield, African Dream, around even money and I think the horse will win easy today. I've backed it to win and in a double with Emma lamb.

3.30 Cheltenham, Defi Du Seuil, around 2/5 and I'm going to take and chance and lay this today. I'm not convinced it's worth 2/5, more like and even money shot. Lay bet for me. 2nd placed might be it's best placing.
    In the same race I've had a few bob E.W on Sceau Royal @ around 14/1. If things go right for it, it will definitely put it up to the short price fav.

Good luck

At Huntingdon 5.40 Dorking Lad is expected to win.
    Has never ran but is ready today.

Mixed day betting wise. In the 5.30 the mullins horse - Appreciate It, has been lumped on in all betting shops in the past 30 minutes are so. I hadn't planned on having a bet on it, but I've been told the money is serious for it, so I've had a pretty hefty bet on it around 2/1'ish.

1 more bet lined up.

Last bet of the day/evening for me. 6.20 Kempton, All Yours, around 4/1, backed it to win.

I'm out.

• Advertisement

Dennis Cullen,the trainer might not be known to many attending Cheltenham tomorrow but could be in the news after the 2.10 race when one he trains for JP could be in the winners enclosure. A GREAT VIEW, who flew up the hill in this race 2 years ago to finish 6th after a mistake 2 out could do the biz in one of the big handicaps of the meeting.

Won a big 3 mile handicap at Punchestown on next run and then only ran once in 600 days when obviously something went wrong.

Returned in november running well over 2 miles and again ran well in december over 3 miles,really showed he was back to his best on his next run 3 weeks ago when 3rd over this trip in Punchestown,a qualifier for tomorrow.

Available with PP at 18/1 who go 7 places,its a difficult race but has probably been the plan for a while so i put €15 ew on and i expect a good run.

FRODON IN THE 2.50 has excellent course form at Cheltenham and looks a very good ew bet.

CONCERTISTA is coming back to form and can win the 4.50 having shown good form here last year.

PLAN OF ATTACK and DEISA ABA are two who could figure in the 5,30.

My only bet of the day and it's on the USA. 10pm Penn national, Chirping, around 6/5 on the exchange in a weak market at the minute. I've been backing to win small money and will continue to back once the market becomes more liquid.

FRODON IN THE 2.50 has excellent course form at Cheltenham and looks a very good ew bet.

CONCERTISTA is coming back to form and can win the 4.50 having shown good form here last year.

PLAN OF ATTACK and DEISA ABA are two who could figure in the 5,30.

CONCERTISTA was very very good and i got the place money on PLAN OF ATTACK and DEISA ABA,pp paying 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,131 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

CONCERTISTA was very very good and i got the place money on PLAN OF ATTACK and DEISA ABA,pp paying 5 places.

What do you reckon about Lostintranslation for the GC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Its one of my pick anyways as well as these

1.30 Sir Psycho 12-1

2.10 Zanza 40-1 / Ciel De Neige 7-1 6 places

2.50 house island 100-1 \ Ramses De Teillee 12-1
    4 places

3.30 GOLD CUP!!! Kemboy 9-1 \ lost in translation 8-1
    5 places

4.10 Shantou flyer 8-1 \ Law of gold 33-1
    5 places

A few at big prices to consider today and a few at smaller prices,PP have a lot of extra place deals online.

1.30 SOLO,2.10 CIEL DE NEIGE,2.5O THYME HILL, 3.30 SANTINI 4.10 HAZEL HILL and SHANTOU FLYER.

A few at big prices for small money that i believe have chances.
    2.10 STOLEN SILVER 14/1
    2.50 RAMSES DE TEILLE 14/1,must be the first horse to run in a grand national and run in a novice hurdle at Cheltenham.
    4.50 BALLYWOOD 33/1
    5.30 THE BOSSES OSCAR 12/1.

It looks open enough and i would not put you off i fancy Santini as i think it will just become a bit of a slog as they may go a bit quick and will suit whatever stays best.

I get the feeling today could be a fairly decent day.

1.30 Cheltenham, Goshen, around 5/2. I don't think the horse will win but I do think it will be placed. Laying the win 5/2'ish and backing it to be in the first 3 around 4/5.

1.45 Lingfield, Roca Magica, around 13/8 and I've backed it to win and my best bet of the year, I'll be shocked and disappointed if it gets beat.

1.55 Fakenham, Swaffham Bulbeck, around even money, backed the horse to win.

2.10 Cheltenham, Ciel De Neige, I can't see it being placed, laying 4 places around 5/4 - 11/8'ish.

2.20 Lingfield, Claudius Secundus, around 2/1. Lay bet for me. I don't think it will win.

2.50 Cheltenham, Thyme Hill, around 5/1 I've backed it E.W I think it will win, not liking Latest Exhibition at all.

Busy days racing today and really should make money on these today.

Good luck to anyone betting today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

SonOfGoat wrote: »

1.30 Cheltenham, Goshen, around 5/2. I don't think the horse will win but I do think it will be placed. Laying the win 5/2'ish and backing it to be in the first 3 around 4/5.

1.45 Lingfield, Roca Magica, around 13/8 and I've backed it to win and my best bet of the year, I'll be shocked and disappointed if it gets beat.

2.10 Cheltenham, Ciel De Neige, I can't see it being placed, laying 4 places around 5/4 - 11/8'ish.

2.20 Lingfield, Claudius Secundus, around 2/1. Lay bet for me. I don't think it will win.

2.50 Cheltenham, Thyme Hill, around 5/1 I've backed it E.W I think it will win, not liking Latest Exhibition at all.

..... about that fancy of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Cashel Man seems to be overpriced in the 2:50 @ Cheltenham.

While I don't think it has much chance of winning, the 6/1 (7.0) for it to be placed in the first 4 home looks a decent bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hobie21

SonOfGoat wrote: »

Latest Exhibition to win by 5 lenghts so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Think AL BOUM PHOTO looks good for the Gold Cup repeat @ 3:30.

7/2 a price I didn't think would be about. Happy enough with that.

image.png

Didn't plan of having a bet in this race, the 3pm @ Lingfield but I got a bit of a whisper and it's interesting to say the least. The fav - Unforgiving Minute is really short around 1/3 and looks good to me but from what I was told the horse more than likely won't be winning today. I've stuck a few bob lay on the horse, I'm looking forward to the race.

A friend told me he really fancies DAN MCGRUE in the 3oc at UTTOX i had not studied the race but he is sharp enough so i had a few quid ew at 16s

A race i did have a look at is the 3.35 Uttox and i backed two ew in it at 16s and 20s,VERY FIRST TIME and SHENEEDEDTHERUN and in a fit of optimism i added CHRISTMAS IN APRIL and did a combo tricast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

2.10 well set up 4/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

4.50 Kayf thou 5/1

Few bets lined up. Delayed 4.10 @ carlisle, - Calliope, around 2/1 or 15/8. I don't think it will win and it's my best bet of the day. I'll post other 2 bets shortly.

• Advertisement

4.20 Limerick, Thermistocles, around 13/8. Backed the horse to win, really should win the weak race.

Advertisement