Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

Wolves 6.20 Tough Remedy 20/1 PP

Has a chance here on some of its form on first run for Rebecca Menzies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

[HTML][/HTML]
    I put a few quid on Storm Ahead at 11 to2 6.20 Wol.
    A couple of lengths behind Kasar who is favourite today lto
    Storm Ahead was hampered that day and actually finished ahead of Kasar before that.Pp is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the favourite.

Only 4th but two €20 free bets as a consolation and a 2nd chance to get a profit.

Rebecke showed huge improvement when 2nd last time.I put a few quid ew on at 6s Pp money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the fav.6.30 Chelmsford.

I put one of my free 20 euro bets on The Game Is On at 7. 30 Wol at 11/4 and if Luke Morris can hold on to him a bit longer he may get his head in front.

Tawaafoq 3.00 Wolverhampton

One I'm really excited about at the prices running at Wolverhampton tomorrow. It will be the biggest bet I've had in a while at the kind of odds this one is, in a grade as low as this. (Class 6 selling handicap)

I would normally go 1/2 pt or 1pt e/w in a race like this at the prices.

However, given the fact that I think this horse is well overpriced added to the fact that I believe it has an excellent chance a 2pts e/w bet is my play on this one.

There are obviously negatives so I'll get them out of the way first.

* Horse has never won here before
    * Horse has a tendency to race keenly thereby scuppering his chances from
    the getgo.
    * Selection probably needs to be produced very late as it tends to not find a lot
    in front as well as being a doubtful stayer over the 6f trip.

But its the positives that I want to concentrate on. And these are:

* Selection has won over 6f before (at Lingfield)
    * Selection has a good draw in box 5
    * Has only had 1 run here before so may be open to improvement.
    * Finley Marsh has had 4 spins on him before so should know him well
    enough at this stage and his 3lb allowance could prove invaluable.
    * There should be plenty of pace on for the horse to chase and I'm hoping
    Finley can get him settled and travel sweetly in behind until it's time to
    swoop (As late as possible I hope).

This is one that I can't let go without a decent bet as if it won with only a few pennies from me on I would be sickened and wished I hadn't backed it all.

I'm willing to take the hit though because I think it has plenty in its favour :pac:

Selection Tawaafoq 3.00 Wolves 28/1 Lads/Boyles 33s bet365

Going 2pts e/w

Gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Tawaafoq 3.00 Wolverhampton

I'm torn between it, poppy may and Jacobs pillow. All three are 25 to 1 with pp...
    Makes no sense to back the three of them so maybe Tawaafoq and one of the two.
    And then prepare to watch the third, non backed one to come in!

• Advertisement

I'm torn between it, poppy may and Jacobs pillow. All three are 25 to 1 with pp...
    Makes no sense to back the three of them so maybe Tawaafoq and one of the two.
    And then prepare to watch the third, non backed one to come in!

Makes no sense - It's gambling.. little doesn't make sense imo :P

Especially at those prices you could easily back all three (I see Poppy is now 16s and Jacob's can be backed at 40s.)

Me personally, the way I'd look at it is which would hurt more:
    Winning less or not winning at all.... or losing more :o. For me it would be not winning at all.

I might even consider doing comb forecasts and tricasts for pennies as well if I liked 3. Have often backed 2 each way in a race and have backed 3 each way on occasion aswell.

It doesn't bother me to back more than one in a race. I backed 4 each way in a race once - three of them were in the 1st three, other one can't remember where it finished. Hadn't a cent on any forecasts or tricasts.
    So I backed the winner and I was still sickened :mad: :D

I put De Benno up as a bet last but the meeting was called off.He runs in the 1.oc at Punchestown today and is worth a little ew.

Not many 15 year olds win but De Benno needs the ground almost unraceable and is in good form at home for a yard that got a touch from his full sister llast week.
    A tenner ew at 20s is the bet and he is expected to run well.4 places available.

Pretty sure I'm not the first person on this forum to mention this one but Ontheiflist in his first run in a h'cap hurdle has drifted to a great price of 18/1 PP and surely has an excellent chance in the 1.00 Punchestown of at least making the frame.

Pretty sure I'm not the first person on this forum to mention this one but Ontheiflist in his first run in a h'cap hurdle has drifted to a great price of 18/1 PP and surely has an excellent chance in the 1.00 Punchestown of at least making the frame.

Major drift on this one.

25s just before the off now. Hope it hacks up. Not backed it myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Backed 'Lord of the Glen' to place in the 6:30 @ Newcastle tonight (bits of 7/4 about on BF) as under the same claimer (Corey Madden) he was 2nd at the course in December (from the same draw and clocked a fast time also). Doing all his best work at the finish and so the furlong extra tonight looks like it will be a plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Can't post in the horse racing forum.

2 more bets for me this evening.

5.30 Newcastle, Commander Han, around 11/4 and a strong lay bet for me. Went over the form and can't see it winning

6pm Newcastle, Monya, very short at around 1/3 or a little shorter but i'm willing to take the short odds. It should canter around and win. If it loses I'll pack in gambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    Can't post in the horse racing forum.
    Likely a very good thing.
    2 more bets for me this evening. [posted at *5.30*] 5.30 Newcastle, Commander Han, around 11/4 and a strong lay bet for me. Went over the form and can't see it winning
    Think you were removed/blocked due to posting zero minutes before the off (see above)
    6pm Newcastle, Monya, very short at around 1/3 or a little shorter but i'm willing to take the short odds. It should canter around and win. If it loses I'll pack in gambling.
    Bye bye, farewell, tally hoo and auf wiedersehen.

https://gamblingcare.ie/
    http://www.gambleaware.co.uk/
    https://www.gamstop.co.uk/
    https://www.whenthefunstops.co.uk/
    https://www.gamcare.org.uk/
    etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Backed 'Lord of the Glen' to place in the 6:30 @ Newcastle tonight (bits of 7/4 about on BF) as under the same claimer (Corey Madden) he was 2nd at the course in December (from the same draw and clocked a fast time also). Doing all his best work at the finish and so the furlong extra tonight looks like it will be a plus.

Never tried a yard today, travelled sweetly and then little bit of elbow flapping late on, but that's it, despite lots of horse underneath. I know Goldie's horse's are notoriously hard to catch but fcuk it still annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

3pm musselbourgh the mouse doctor 9/4 just got word for this one,i know not a great price.

bassy wrote: »
    3pm Newcastle the mouse doctor 9/4 just got word for this one,i know not a great price.

Hi Bass,The Mouse Doctor goes at Musselburgh as well as two other Tony Martin horses he sends there.

I presume you meant Musselburgh (i remember when it was called Edinburgh).

I have a buddy who knows a bit about that yard and he said he would let me know the story in the morning, but the horses are hardly there for the air.

Hi Bass,The Mouse Doctor goes at Musselburgh as well as two other Tony Martin horses he sends there.

I presume you meant Musselburgh (i remember when it was called Edinburgh).

I have a buddy who knows a bit about that yard and he said he would let me know the story in the morning, but the horses are hardly there for the air.

Hi Zimmer ye just edited my post,word here yesterday evening for him.

Haddaf 12 oc ling My Target 3.10ing Terri Rules 2.40 Ling and Carried 3.30 Muss all have chances.Carried was 3rd yesterday in Newcastle and goes over fences today with a chance.Did an ew lucky 15 in lads and a couple of singles on My Target and Carried in Powers as they are money back 2 3 4 to the fav.ew

Only bet of the day for me is. Lingfield 12.30, Axel Jacklin, around 11/4 on the exchange. I've backed it to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I hate big fields, hate all weather, hate 6F races, but apart from that I will be having a bit EW on fit for function in the 8.30 in dundalk.18-1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Only bet of the day for me is. Lingfield 12.30, Axel Jacklin, around 11/4 on the exchange. I've backed it to win.

well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Yesterday:

Today:

bassy wrote: »
    3pm musselbourgh the mouse doctor 9/4 just got word for this one,i know not a great price.

Romped home easy..................

3.40 Lingfield, Rhubarb Bikini, around 4/5'ish. I'm not liking the horse at all. Too many unexposed in the race. Definite lay bet on Rhubarb Bikini for me, can't see it winning this type of race.

Yesterday:

Today:

It was a figure of expression. Something was up with the horse. The drift was unique near the off. It was nearly evens on the exchange from 1/3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

It was a figure of expression. Something was up with the horse. The drift was unique near the off. It was nearly evens on the exchange from 1/3.

you said earlier that was your only bet of the day, now you are putting up more bets?

akelly02 wrote: »
    you said earlier that was your only bet of the day, now you are putting up more bets?

It was my only intended bet of the day but if I hear something I will bet again. In fact I'll be having one confirmed bet later, possibly 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

It was my only intended bet of the day but if I hear something I will bet again. In fact I'll be having one confirmed bet later, possibly 2.

Going to post a horse in the 6:30 at 6:30?

Nope, in the next the 5.15, the fav = Heath Charnock is around 7/4 but it's a lay bet for me. I honestly can't see it winning.

I know it's not great form posting a few minutes before the off but, there is a reason for it that I said before. If I hear something and I post it early it's not fair to the person I get it from, or if it's my own pick, I finish backing shortly before the off. At one stage a guy asked could he put the bets on twitter, I said no and he done it anyway so I don't post all my strong bets anymore.

I got a ban from the horse racing forum for posting my bets so close to the off, I don't think that was fair but that's just my opinion.

• Advertisement

This is my last wager of the night for sure, nothing else.

6.15 Newcastle, Wasntexpectingthat, around 5/4. I've just finished backing it. I backed at slightly higher odds but I wouldn't be suprised if it drifts out a bit once the backing stops. The horse is nothing special but the trainer is picking the races well and I think the horse will win fairly handy in a very very weak race.

I'm done til tomorrow.

Advertisement