Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Will only have one bet today and it will be a modest one.

Two very short ones contest the maiden hurdle at Hereford at 2.40 and the race is between them as far as the bookmakers and tipsters are concerned,however Northofthewall and I'm Wiser Now have had plenty of chances and failed to deliver so far.

They could fight out the finisht today as most of the runners do not seem upto much.

I will have a few quid ew on Johnjoe's horse WASDELL DUNDALK if i can get 6s or better.Ran with promise in a couple of bumpers before best effort when 5 lengths 4th at Taunton last time over hurdles.

Bad ground a bit of an unknown and thats the reason i want 6 to 1 so that i can back it ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

If you had a tenner that you didn’t mind losing then 5 ew on Saxo Jack Southwell 3.00 @ 66-1 might not be a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

If you had a tenner that you didn’t mind losing then 5 ew on Saxo Jack Southwell 3.00 @ 66-1 might not be a bad idea.

Just cause Graham Lee rides it ye ...

Will only have one bet today and it will be a modest one.

Two very short ones contest the maiden hurdle at Hereford at 2.40 and the race is between them as far as the bookmakers and tipsters are concerned,however Northofthewall and I'm Wiser Now have had plenty of chances and failed to deliver so far.

They could fight out the finisht today as most of the runners do not seem upto much.

I will have a few quid ew on Johnjoe's horse WASDELL DUNDALK if i can get 6s or better.Ran with promise in a couple of bumpers before best effort when 5 lengths 4th at Taunton last time over hurdles.

Bad ground a bit of an unknown and thats the reason i want 6 to 1 so that i can back it ew.
    First two in the betting had it between them,one going off like a scalded cat did not help but i suppose handicaps await Wasdell Dundalk and maybe my few quid ew never had a chance of a return.

BODACIOUS NAME got up late to beat Shine Baby Shine by a neck last time out and is 2 lbs worse now,BODACIOUS comes from behind,stays even further than todays 2 miles 2 and a half furlongs,goes well on soft so it is not surprising that the slower fibresand suits the horse.

A strong pace will suit and if getting it he could upset the short priced fav who has not run on the surface.An ew bet at 5/1 on one that will be staying on at the finish 3.50 Southwell.

• Advertisement

A couple of good betting races at Ascot if racing goes ahead following an inspection and if it does take place we need to concentrate on horses who act on soft and have stamina.

In the 3 oc GIVE ME A COPPER and ACTING LASS are horses that may improve again and are worth considering.

The 3.35 is a very tough handicap hurdle that will take some winning as quite a few will be laid out for the race PP and a few others go 5 places and i will probably back more than one in the race.

COUNISTER is 12/1 with PP and i think he is laid out for the race,she has a handy weight and a quiet run when 7th behind HARAMBE will have him spot for this.

HARAMBE also has a good chance and despite top weight MONSIEUR LECOQ with a 5 lb claimer on board could also figure at the finish.
    I hope the winner comes from the above three and i might try 6 ew doubles by mixing them with the two in the 3oc for small money.

A couple of good betting races at Ascot if racing goes ahead following an inspection and if it does take place we need to concentrate on horses who act on soft and have stamina.

In the 3 oc GIVE ME A COPPER and ACTING LASS are horses that may improve again and are worth considering.

The 3.35 is a very tough handicap hurdle that will take some winning as quite a few will be laid out for the race PP and a few others go 5 places and i will probably back more than one in the race.

COUNISTER is 12/1 with PP and i think he is laid out for the race,she has a handy weight and a quiet run when 7th behind HARAMBE will have him spot for this.

HARAMBE also has a good chance and despite top weight MONSIEUR LECOQ with a 5 lb claimer on board could also figure at the finish.
    I hope the winner comes from the above three and i might try 6 ew doubles by mixing them with the two in the 3oc for small money.

Harambe does not go so i will have 4 ew doubles Acting Lass and Give me a Copper mixed with Counister and Monsieur LECOQ,if racing goes ahead.

Two 2nds today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Any fancies for leopards town on Stephens day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Bumping for visibility!

• Advertisement

ENTOUCAS is a good bet in the 12.40 Leop,the gelding has plenty of experience for this strong maiden and the drop in trip will be no problem.

All the top yards are well represented but i think ENTOUCAS can see them all off.

Chtibello 2.30 Kem Sacchoandvanzenitti 1.10 Leop Boric 16 to 1 2.15 Mike Rasen and the days best bet ew Lady Red Moon 7 to1 2.50 Wolverhampton ew lucky 15 and a couple of ew singoes.

Boric the biggest priced of the horses i put up was the only one placed so that means i am behind from the word go in this great week of NH racing and have a bit to do.

Four to have an interest in,AL DANCER a useful hurdler who has taken well to fences,1 20 Kem.

SAMETEGAL 3.05 Kem has run well last time after a long layoff worth a few quid ew.

TRUE BELIEVER 2.25 Wol is a decent enough maiden wo may come good in the 2.25 Kem.

THATSY may have got in well for first handicap,may be suited by drop in trip and is suggested as a good ew bet in the 2.25 at Leop.PP paying 6 places.

12.50 Leop
    Shanwalla 33/1 Paddy

An interesting maiden running in this handicap off a low weight. In its 10 runs so far, 5 each in bumpers and hurdles it has been ridden every one of those times by a Gilligan, Jack in all the flat races and Liam over the sticks. So, being a young and potentially unexposed horse Paul perhaps feels that it could benefit from a ride from a more capable jockey and he gives Donagh Meyler the leg up.
    In a race where no doubt there will be a few gambled on; if I was having a bet this would be a confident selection at the prices.

I was told that trap 1 has a decent chance in the 6.57 at Tralee tonight.

Source is involved in the game so make what you will of it,i have got winners and losers from the same source in the past.

Accordingtogino has run a few very good races and is a very short priced fav to win the 12.45 at Uttox.

However he looked like winning his last two races coming to the last but faded on both occasions and was run out of it each time. He is still a very decent horse but is not an odds on shot.

Uttoxeter is is really testing when the ground is heavy and horses get strung out in the last few furlongs.

If stamina is the problem Accordingtogino may struggle to get home and one that finished behind him last time,GOLDEN SOVEREIGN who was ridden by an apprentice who had never ridden a winner over hurdles may prove too strong especially with Richard Johnson on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Accordingtogino has run a few very good races and is a very short priced fav to win the 12.45 at Uttox.

However he looked like winning his last two races coming to the last but faded on both occasions and was run out of it each time. He is still a very decent horse but is not an odds on shot.

Uttoxeter is is really testing when the ground is heavy and horses get strung out in the last few furlongs.

If stamina is the problem Accordingtogino may struggle to get home and one that finished behind him last time,GOLDEN SOVEREIGN who was ridden by an apprentice who had never ridden a winner over hurdles may prove too strong especially with Richard Johnson on board.

Well done zimmer, had him in a nice double. Happy new year! ðŸ¾ðŸ¾ðŸ¾

MISTER MUSIC has top weight in the 12.10 at Southwell but is rated 10 lbs lower than his last winning mark at the course.

Makambe is one of the fancied ones but looks hard work and has to be driven along. and a little ew on MISTER MUSIC might be the bet.
    i will have a few quid on tonight might not be up too early tomorrow,happy new year to all and lets be better punters for the new year.

OLDGRANGEWOOD beat Kalashnikov by a whisker last time getting up on the line.

Kalashnikov is fav to turn the tables but at balmost 3 times the price OLDGRANGEWOOD may be the value ew in the 2.10 Chel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Another Top Tip. Great Shout on Oldgrangewood Zimmer!

• Advertisement

Another Top Tip. Great Shout on Oldgrangewood Zimmer!

Thanks,i backed Oldgrangewood ew at 11s last night as there were sound reasons to think he would again finish in front of Kalashnikov.

I was a bit surprised to see him drift to 16s today (i only get 11s as PP is not bog until after 8 on the morning of the race) and i had a little ew at 16s to bring up the average and was happy the horse prevailed in the tightest of finishes.

Hopefully the good start to the year will continue.

• Starchant in the 2.25 @Lingfield. Roundabout Magic is clear favourite and with the next bests being quite temperamental I'll have some on E/W.

Her record makes for mucky reading but I think there's a good horse in there and I think her current mark is a worthwhile E/W bet. Currently 14/1.

A sporting punt tomorrow is Miracle Garden at Wolverhampton at 1 oc
    Was 4th of 12 lto off 60 but was only beaten 1 and a half lengths over c and d a year ago in a class 5 off 72 and won off 72 here in the past. Now racing off 58 and showing signs of a return to form.

Now with Roy Brotherton I can see Serena riding this in amateur contests in the future but can run well here at odds of 9 or 10 to 1 and is an ew bet for me in an ordinary enough class 6.

• Bernie's Boy in the 1.30 @Wolverhampton.

Has won off much higher marks here last year. Most recent race was a bad one at five furlongs but the two previous at 6f were two good spins, looked strong off the bend in both (latter in particular) but seemed to hit a wall 1f out in both so I can see why he was chanced back at 5f. Back up to 6f for this race which doesn't seem up to much and with a seven pound claimer I'm obliged to have an E/W nibble @12/1.

The favourite in the 7.15 at Southwell has been placed or won 9 times at the track and is a standing dish there.
    However off his highest mark of 58 may be vulnerable to something more lightly raced.,Elzaams Dream has not run on fibresand but at 8 to1 is worth an ew bet to upset the 6 to4 fav.In good form of she acts on the ground will be value and is worth chancing in a poor race.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Niallers87

The favourite in the 7.15 at Southwell has been placed or won 9 times at the track and is a standing dish there.
    However off his highest mark of 58 may be vulnerable to something more lightly raced.,Elzaams Dream has not run on fibresand but at 8 to1 is worth an ew bet to upset the 6 to4 fav.In good form of she acts on the ground will be value and is worth chancing in a poor race.
    I see a horse you put up here prevliously "kitaabaat" runs in the 2:50 in lingfield, any thoughts on his chances?

Three I like tomorrow across the cards across the pond

First up in the liking them order:

1.20 Sandown Cap Du Nord

I really like this one and make it my bet of the day. Available at a tasty enough, for me, 12/1 it's one I'm hoping will at least make the frame as i'm going each way here.

In the box-ticking stakes most are covered - trip should be ideal, ground should be no concern (soft-gd to soft in plcs chse course is the prevailing going apparently) if not a tad softer than ideal, has won before at the course in a hurdles race, has won before in a class 3 handicap chase.
    That's enough boxes for me.

Also his jockey has had a spin on him before. Last time at Ascot was the first time Jack Tudor,who takes 7 off, rode this horse. I'm hoping it was with today in mind. I can see this horse being punted off the boards tomorrow (or at least I hope ;):D ).

Two others I like who might go well:

11.40 Lingfield Voi

Has only had a couple of spins here on the AWT where she has performed admirably without winning; but those runs were in better grade races. So
    at a generally available 9/1 that's reason enough for me to invest in this grade
    5 handicap.

And lastly

4.10 Kempton Sweet Serenade

This one available at 9/4 I deem to be worth a small bet only as the course description is described as standard to slow. She ran okay at Chelmsford the
    last twice and the visor is applied for the first time tomorrow. The defection of
    Haggas' Sound Mixer which was the likely favourite does temper enthusiasm somewhat as the price is not as big as would have liked. Also it's 2nd and 3rd
    runs were here where she ran no kind of race, albeit over 7F (runs over 6 tomorrow) on the aforementioned standard to slow going.
    Worth a small bet though as I feel she's getting her act together.

Gluck

Niallers87 wrote: »
    I see a horse you put up here prevliously "kitaabaat" runs in the 2:50 in lingfield, any thoughts on his chances?

KITAABAAT has a good chance in the 2.50,got no sort of run last time in a very competitive class 2 handicap worth serious money and was only 4 lengths behind the winner.

Stays the trip well and Dylan Hogan who has ridden the horse before takes off 5 lbs only 7 runners but a tricky little contest all the same and i would not go too heavy as its possible this is not the main target for KITAABAAT.

Not too good on friday as both fancies did not go too well,hope saturday fancies do better.

DASHING PERK 11/4 can win again for R Newland who is in great form, up 6 lbs but that may not stop him in the 1.20 at Sandown.

DAREBIN has a chance of turning the tables on Johnbb on 6 lbs better terms and has plenty of form over the Sandown tricky fences,is 13/2 for the 1.50 and that may be a bit generous.

FIDDLEONTHEROOF is the nap in the feature race at 2.25,this one can go right to the top and is the best bet of the dayat about 9/4.

BLU CAVALIER is 12/1 with a few bookies and PP is paying 4 places in the 3.35 Sandown.Has a penalty for a recent win but a 5 lb claimer aboard helps with that ans a little ew is suggested.

HUMBERT ran his best race for a while last time out when a close 3rd when stepped up to 10 furlongs for the first time and is now looking very well handicapped.

David OMeara does well with horses from other yards and has got this one down to 89,his last win was off 97 and 9/2 is too big a price for a horse that looks "well in"12.10 Ling.

I commented on KITAABAAT 2.50 Ling already and i was waiting for this fellow for a while after his last run,however something makes me think he may not be tuned for this and i will only have a modest bet partly because there may not be a fast pace and the race could turn out a muddling affair.

• Advertisement

DUSTYS CHOICE 2oc Newcastle was last when last seen in a first class bumper at Cheltenham.

I just got a call to say he was expected to win today on first run over hurdles.

Advertisement