Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

DUSTYS CHOICE 2oc Newcastle was last when last seen in a first class bumper at Cheltenham.

I just got a call to say he was expected to win today on first run over hurdles.

Unlucky

I like Brian Hughes and was hoping he'd win and he looked a certainty coming to the last. Had he stayed up I still think Thomson's horse - who came from the clouds - would have made it a close finish. Think Dusty's Choice would have won though (would being the operative word). They're there to be jumped as we all know.

Three I like tomorrow across the cards across the pond

First up in the liking them order:

1.20 Sandown Cap Du Nord

I really like this one and make it my bet of the day. Available at a tasty enough, for me, 12/1 it's one I'm hoping will at least make the frame as i'm going each way here.

In the box-ticking stakes most are covered - trip should be ideal, ground should be no concern (soft-gd to soft in plcs chse course is the prevailing going apparently) if not a tad softer than ideal, has won before at the course in a hurdles race, has won before in a class 3 handicap chase.
    That's enough boxes for me.

Also his jockey has had a spin on him before. Last time at Ascot was the first time Jack Tudor,who takes 7 off, rode this horse. I'm hoping it was with today in mind. I can see this horse being punted off the boards tomorrow (or at least I hope ;):D ).

Two others I like who might go well:

11.40 Lingfield Voi

Has only had a couple of spins here on the AWT where she has performed admirably without winning; but those runs were in better grade races. So
    at a generally available 9/1 that's reason enough for me to invest in this grade
    5 handicap.

And lastly

4.10 Kempton Sweet Serenade

This one available at 9/4 I deem to be worth a small bet only as the course description is described as standard to slow. She ran okay at Chelmsford the
    last twice and the visor is applied for the first time tomorrow. The defection of
    Haggas' Sound Mixer which was the likely favourite does temper enthusiasm somewhat as the price is not as big as would have liked. Also it's 2nd and 3rd
    runs were here where she ran no kind of race, albeit over 7F (runs over 6 tomorrow) on the aforementioned standard to slow going.
    Worth a small bet though as I feel she's getting her act together.

Gluck

A 3rd and two 2nds.

Really thought Voi was coming with a winning run in the Lingfield race but didn't find a helluva lot when he hit the front under an unusualish ride :( - 6/7 lengths out the back early on and then comes on the wide outside on the home bend - but maybe he can get back to winning ways soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Gordon Elliot sends two over for the 3.45 at Ayr and has a very good record with his raiders.
    However I have been told that Castle Rushen is smart and that Richard's thinks he will win.Backed it at 9 to4 in Powers just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Niallers87

Gordon Elliot sends two over for the 3.45 at Ayr and has a very good record with his raiders.
    However I have been told that Castle Rushen is smart and that Richard's thinks he will win.Backed it at 9 to4 in Powers just now.

Great shout

Bishops Road 3.30 Taunton is not a bad hunter chaser and could give the favourite a few problems I backed it ew at 9 t0 2.

Palazzo 6.45 Southwell is a 7 to 1 chance in a very low grade race and as he is owned by the trainer Bryan Smart it is probable t the at he thinks he can win a race.Not best in on ratings I have a feeling he will stay on well today and could cause a surprise.and with just 8 runners it's an ew bet.The yard had a winner just over a week ago.

• Advertisement

4.00 Taunton Homing Star 12/1

5yr old having only her 6th start for Graeme McPherson over hurdles.
    Perhaps they have found the key to her and I think she has a good chance today;
    cheekpieces applied for the first time.

Soft ground today and has previously won over 10f on the flat for Johnny Portman on heavy.

At 12/1 it's worth a bet for me as I think it's her best chance yet.

Small stakes e/w proposition in a day where winners are hard to be found.

Bishops Road 3.30 Taunton is not a bad hunter chaser and could give the favourite a few problems I backed it ew at 9 t0 2.

Palazzo 6.45 Southwell is a 7 to 1 chance in a very low grade race and as he is owned by the trainer Bryan Smart it is probable t the at he thinks he can win a race.Not best in on ratings I have a feeling he will stay on well today and could cause a surprise.and with just 8 runners it's an ew bet.The yard had a winner just over a week ago.

Right good call that. well in

• Wasn't on meself, but great shout Zimmer.

Prince of Rome has been running very well and deserves to win a race but i am hoping it wont be tomorrow as i have backed IRENE MAY ew at 12/1 to beat him

I have been waiting for this filly to run for a while and i am hoping she will be ready after 63 days off.I put her in the tracker after an excellent run in a class 2 at Newmarket at the end of september when she ran on really well to be about 3 and a half lengths behind Chil Chil when unfancied in a valuable handicap off 3lbs higher.

She ran well in 4th next time over 6 furlongs and then seemed disappointing when only 7th over 7 furlongs beaten 5 and a half lengths.

I have no idea if Sylvester Kirk (whose horses are running well) will have her primed for this race but the booking of the best jockey,Simon Walker suggests he will and the trip should be just right so i think at 12/1 she is value in the 7.45 at Kempton a class 4 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Prince of Rome has been running very well and deserves to win a race but i am hoping it wont be tomorrow as i have backed IRENE MAY ew at 12/1 to beat him

I have been waiting for this filly to run for a while and i am hoping she will be ready after 63 days off.I put her in the tracker after an excellent run in a class 2 at Newmarket at the end of september when she ran on really well to be about 3 and a half lengths behind Chil Chil when unfancied in a valuable handicap off 3lbs higher.

She ran well in 4th next time over 6 furlongs and then seemed disappointing when only 7th over 7 furlongs beaten 5 and a half lengths.

I have no idea if Sylvester Kirk (whose horses are running well) will have her primed for this race but the booking of the best jockey,Scott Walker suggests he will and the trip should be just right so i think at 12/1 she is value in the 7.45 at Kempton a class 4 race.

Out to 16s Zimmer fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    Out to 16s Zimmer fingers crossed.

Yea a big drift is always a worry,on the plus side Ladbrokes are about 5 or 6 points less than all the other books from early morning which simply means they have no desire to lay the horse,hope they know something!

I did not go mad or anything just have 15 ew,i will follow the beast in her next few runs if beaten today as i think she is sure to win again.

Irene May never got into the race,there was money for 5 of the first 6 during the day and in the ring so Irene has to wait,her day will come imo.

Poor enough racing thur,i am backing two horses that should win on form.

ROCA MAGICA should be suited by the step up to a mile in the 4.30 at Chelmsford,the race is no better than a seller and on form ROCA MAGIC should be good enough.

HOMESICK BOY has the beating of Cheng Gong on a couple of formlines and the race (a poor one) should mainly concern the two.

This is also a poor contest over a mile and 6 furlongs at Chelmsford and the reliable HOMESICK BOY will be very hard to beat.Two singles and double and will not be backing anything else.

• Roca Magica, another beauty that I wasn't on.

Nothing stands out for me today but I will have a double on Joseph Obriens No Needs Never back from a layoff in the 7 over Dundalk who should win if ready and Waleyyd 6.15 Wolverhampton at 2 to 5.The double pays practically 2 to 1 and doing in Lads between 11 and1 means if either horse is a better price we get it.
    Skinny odds but I rate the Varian horse Waleyyd a 1 to5 chance and I will take a chance that Obriens horse is fit enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Nothing stands out for me today but I will have a double on Joseph Obriens No Needs Never back from a layoff in the 7 over Dundalk who should win if ready and Waleyyd 6.15 Wolverhampton at 2 to 5.The double pays practically 2 to 1 and doing in Lads between 11 and1 means if either horse is a better price we get it.
    Skinny odds but I rate the Varian horse Waleyyd a 1 to5 chance and I will take a chance that Obriens horse is fit enough to win.

Lapili in the first at Dundalk looks to have a chance ?

No Needs Never travelled ok but had no answer when the winner kicked for home and may have needed the run,whatever the case i gave back 50 to Lads today.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

No Needs Never travelled ok but had no answer when the winner kicked for home and may have needed the run,whatever the case i gave back 50 to Lads today.

Can’t win them all, keep them coming , anything sticking out tomorrow or Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Lapili in the first at Dundalk looks to have a chance ?

Good call Nevin...even if I has to say so mysell !

The feature race at Kempton at 2.40 has a few promising young lightly raced horses plenty short in the betting and this type of horse has often delivered in the past but i am going for an older experienced horse who on the face of it has plenty of weight,VIVE LE ROI is the horse and he gives weight to all but one of the field and seems to be ignored by many of the tipsters.

I like his last run when just fading inside the last furlong in a valuable and competitive handicap over 3 miles at Newbury.The gelding can go from the front but does not have to and i have already had a few quid ew with PP at 18/1 which is still available but he is as low as 12/1 in places. PP pay 4 places.

GOLDEN TAIPAN may give the fav a bit to do in the 3.45 at Kempton and is worth an ew bet at 11/2 thats generally available.

Roger Varians last 4 runners have won and he may able to make it 5 on the bounce in the 3.10 at Lingfield where BELIEVE IN LOVE may beat the fav Mrs Up John.

Two others of interest on sat for small stakes are FIZZY FEET,hampered last time and may turn the tables on Lady Dancelot with a clear run 1.25 Lingfield.

FINGERONTHESWITCH is ridden by miss Millie Wonnacott a 7 lb claiming amateur in the 3 mile chase at 3.15 Kem.I would prefer if a professional was on board but i like the horse and at 8s i will have a few quid ew.

PP are money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th in this race.it is for small money but every little helps,this offer is online i do not know about the shops

• Advertisement

Vive le Roi a drifer, was out to 25/1 when i posted so i topped up for a small amount ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

Vive le Roi a drifer, was out to 25/1 when i posted so i topped up for a small amount ew.

Great picking Zimmer keep them coming

3 on the sand tomorrow

1.15 Southwell Iron Heart 7/2 gen, as big as 5's.... Think 7/2 even is more than fair. Hoping to see some money come for it.

Think this one on its 3rd start will be staying on well to beat the likely frontrunning
    fav (Harrison Point). I don't think the current 2nd favourite (snowball Jackson) will be good enough this time
    anyway.

3.25 Southwell Requited 9/2 gen

Charlie Bennett gets on well with this joint topweight 4yr old who has been running
    very well here recently. This horse can make all/race prominently and land the spoils.
    Last time it ran here over 6 in the same grade it clocked a fast time when winning.
    Best horse in the race for me.

3.55 Southwell Mister Freeze 4/1 gen

A course and distance winner that has ran well without winning the last three times he tackled
    the 7 here. Due a change of luck and I'm hoping it will be tomorrow.

All win only propositions for me.
    Will do:

3 win singles @ 1pt
    3 doubles @ 1/2pt
    and a 1pt treble.

Gluck

WESTEND THEATRE may outstay the shortpriced fav in the 3.55 at Kelso today around 4/1 and if we forgive a poor run last time MISTER FREEZE looks the form choice in the 2.30 at Southwell where he has plenty of form. A couple of ew singles and an ew double.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TheOracle999

Great tipping the last few days lads! I have missed most of them but I got on Mister Freeze last minute gratefully. Great way to start the New Year!

A small ew bet on a 15! year old horse called DE BENNO is suggested at Punchestown in the handicap hurdle at 1.15,a full sister to DE BENNO won last week landing a bit of a touch for connections.Heavy ground is essential for this family and if the track passes an inspection it is worth having a small ew at 20s or better.

This old fellow likes to go off in front and if allowed to dictate may not come back to them,Tommy Ryan takes off a useful 7 lbs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

A small ew bet on a 15! year old horse called DE BENNO is suggested at Punchestown in the handicap hurdle at 1.15,a full sister to DE BENNO won last week landing a bit of a touch for connections.Heavy ground is essential for this family and if the track passes an inspection it is worth having a small ew at 20s or better.

This old fellow likes to go off in front and if allowed to dictate may not come back to them,Tommy Ryan takes off a useful 7 lbs.

Today's racing at Punchestown has been cancelled due to the weather, according to the RTE website. I did spend 10 mins searching on PP before reading it, though.

I put a few quid on Storm Ahead at 11 to2 6.20 Wol.
    A couple of lengths behind Kasar who is favourite today lto
    Storm Ahead was hampered that day and actually finished ahead of Kasar before that.Pp is money back if 2nd 3rd or 4th to the favourite.

few with some sort of an e/w chance today

Muqarred 3.00 Southwell 7/1

Brown eyes Blue (Nap) 4.20 Wolves 20 Lads and Boyles

King Oswald 7.20 Wolves 18 pp and Boyles

• Advertisement

5.20 Wolves Aguerooo 10s Lads, PP

This one has a good chance of getting back to winning ways tonight.
    Richard Kingscote a very good pilot onboard.

Advertisement