Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

The 2.30 at Cheltenham today promises to be a very good race with a handful of horses closely matched.
    If the ground was good i would have been keen on Singlefarmpaynment who deserves a win at the track.

COGRY is my fancy on the ground and with good course form i think he can beat the fav West Approach.
    Onefortheroadtom is another with a chance but for me its COGRY.

SWEET CELEBRATION is the outsider of the field (18/1 bet 365 16s generally) in the 5.30 Chelmsford.
    Once again Marco Botti puts up a 7 lb claimer to counter a hefty rise in the weights after two wins.
    Lightly raced the filly may improve again and if staying the extra 2 furlongs may cause a big surprise.I do not know if the extra two furlongs will suit but at the price i am willing to take a chance and have a few quid ew.

I see JoB had sent only one horse over today for that meeting and in that race with DMCD. Going to have a few quid on that and your selection too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The 2.30 at Cheltenham today promises to be a very good race with a handful of horses closely matched.
    If the ground was good i would have been keen on Singlefarmpaynment who deserves a win at the track.

COGRY is my fancy on the ground and with good course form i think he can beat the fav West Approach.
    Onefortheroadtom is another with a chance but for me its COGRY.

SWEET CELEBRATION is the outsider of the field (18/1 bet 365 16s generally) in the 5.30 Chelmsford.
    Once again Marco Botti puts up a 7 lb claimer to counter a hefty rise in the weights after two wins.
    Lightly raced the filly may improve again and if staying the extra 2 furlongs may cause a big surprise.I do not know if the extra two furlongs will suit but at the price i am willing to take a chance and have a few quid ew.

Another great shout Zimmer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭bassy

war hero 12/1 ew 8.15 dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

A couple of good races again tomorrow at Cheltenham and matters are complicated for me by the fact that the two horses i fancy most have to contend with horses from their own stable.

The feature race is the is the Caspian Cavar Gold Cup at 1.55 and amazingly 6 of the last 10 winners had run their previous race exactly 28 days ago and no horse has won in the last 10 years who was off the track for more than 36 days.

My fancy BRELAN D'AS last ran 28 days ago,beaten just a neck over c and d with Warthog 8 lengths behind.Brelan D'as unseated when still in contention at the course before that and ran a good race at the festival last march so we know the course suits him.

At 7/1 i think its a good bet to beat stable companion Secret Investor.

In the 3.05 Pentland Hills is fav for N Henderson with stable jockey Nico De Boinville on board.

I fancy the stables other horse CALL ME LORD,he has not run at Cheltenham before but has good form at Sandown which is a stiff enough track and Cheltenham may suit him.

Henderson must think he has a good chance and he is 2nd fav and may cause the fav a bit of bother.

Final bet for saturday is CROCO BAY 1.20 Cheltenham,at 12 years old is twice the age of the fav Destrier.CROCO caused a shock when winning at the festival last year and has plenty of form at the course.May be vunerable to one of the younger brigade but is hard to pass once getting to the front.

With just 8 runners this one is an ew suggestion on the basis that he will be forward enough on first run back from a break.Around the 6 or 7/1 mark he rates an ew bet and i will add him to the other 2 and do an ew trixie.

bassy wrote: »

happy enough with that for the place at 12,s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Margate

8.45 It's all a joke

:D

I think some posters act the maggot in this thread with there so called picks,but we all know the reliable posters so no worries :)

The 12.50 at Newcastle is a fast track race for good friday and attracts a couple of classy types in Raymond Tusk and Mildenberger,the two head the ratings but one is not certain to stay,neither has any experience of the Newcastle tapeta surface and it might be worth having a little ew on SIR CHAUVELIN trained by Jim Goldie.

The gelding has run very at the track on a number of occasions and Goldie will have him spot on for this race and he may well beat the the more fancied horses today and might be a bit of value at 9/1.

Just 1 winner today but losses small.Backed this one twice different handwriting as money back if 2nd to one going off at a bigger price max 20 and I also had a score on lie. We need any help we can get at this game.

• Advertisement

Just 1 winner today but losses small.Backed this one twice different handwriting as money back if 2nd to one going off at a bigger price max 20 and I also had a score on lie. We need any help we can get at this game.

2nd bet

STEAL THE SCENE is 11 or 12 to 1 to win the 7.40 at Wolverhampton tonight,a winner on the track over 7 furlongs a month ago the horse is now up in distance but has form over the trip and despite a 5 lb penalty is very well handicapped on earlier runs.

Had given an indication that he was coming back to form on a couple of recent runs and is an ew bet tonight.PP GOING 4 PLACES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

STEAL THE SCENE is 11 or 12 to 1 to win the 7.40 at Wolverhampton tonight,a winner on the track over 7 furlongs a month ago the horse is now up in distance but has form over the trip and despite a 5 lb penalty is very well handicapped on earlier runs.

Had given an indication that he was coming back to form on a couple of recent runs and is an ew bet tonight.PP GOING 4 PLACES.

Well done, big R4 sadly

abarkie wrote: »
    Well done, big R4 sadly

Yea looks like 50 cent in the euro deduction,a pity as the horse won in good style but on the bright side it is still a decent priced winner.

Had him in a lucky 15, 3 winners and a 3rd for a nice profit.

Had him in a lucky 15, 3 winners and a 3rd for a nice profit.

Nice little touch.Would have been great if the 4th horse won.
    My winnings reduced by the rule 4 also.

Not much to interest me on the racing front tomorrow and my only bet will be on STACY SUE in the 12.40 at Fakenham.

Won a Point,two bumpers and 2nd in another when trained by Timmy Hyde before crossing the water to the yard of Alex Hales.

Not disgraced last time when 3rd to Getariver in a maiden hurdle at Ludlow on first run back from a break.

That form was ok but had very decent form in Irish bumpers and the mare should improve after that run.

Skeltons mare will probably go off fav but i expect STACY SUE to come out on top on ground that will suit (good to soft) and Hales yard is in great form the last three runners winning.
    Available to back at 4s.

STACY SUE given a lot to stayed on well without doing things too quickly,will stay further and looks sure to win races.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

The mouse doctor goes in Dundalk 5.30,
    I'm not a lover of big fields,17 runners, 6-1 is a bit skimpy and he hasn't won in a year and a half. After all that I'll be having a few bob on him.

My Target is stepped up 2 furlongs today.Hard to know if he will stay but has been running on in recent races over a mile and worth a little ew as he is well handicapped in the 2.50 at Lingfield.11 to 1.

Royal Nation may be helped by the 7 lb claimer on board today and has a decent chance in the nursery at 4.15 Newcastle

• Advertisement

This one runs again this evening after finishing 3rd last day out.

My Target is stepped up 2 furlongs today.Hard to know if he will stay but has been running on in recent races over a mile and worth a little ew as he is well handicapped in the 2.50 at Lingfield.11 to 1.

Royal Nation may be helped by the 7 lb claimer on board today and has a decent chance in the nursery at 4.15 Newcastle
    Great stuff Zimmer royal flew home :) well done

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

Great stuff Zimmer royal flew home :) well done
    Well done Zimmer great shout

mafitz wrote: »
    Well done Zimmer great shout

Thanks finished up a good price got a free bet on on My Target by taking a point less in Lads.
    Had to do two tenner bets as they only have a tenner limit on ew bets and it was money back if 2nd to the fav.

It pays to shop around.

Other tenner ew bet

The mouse doctor goes in Dundalk 5.30,
    I'm not a lover of big fields,17 runners, 6-1 is a bit skimpy and he hasn't won in a year and a half. After all that I'll be having a few bob on him.

Good call well backed and not for the first time.

This one runs again this evening after finishing 3rd last day out.

im on war hero ew in the 7pm Dundalk out to 14/1 now

im on war hero ew in the 7pm Dundalk out to 14/1 now

out to 18/1 now not looking god

out to 18/1 now not looking god

It's fundalk, anything can happen :D

• Advertisement

It's fundalk, anything can happen :D