Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

When I said like his name I was being sarcastic. It was a joke not meant to offend anyone. I wanted to find out the source of information on the horse because I don't see it based on form. Relax.

Oh right, you wanted him to do up a report and submit it for your approval like!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Lucky 15
    145 hitman
    220 adagio
    330 jason the militant
    440 moon over germany

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I do not see this winning or even lucky to place. Unplaced in 11 starts and last win January . 6th on latest outing and 15 lengths behind winner. Have you some information that others do not or do you just like the name. The.only saving grace is the bad quality of the horses.

I've no problem with you having a query regarding my post, it was a tip from someone who has given me winning tips before.
    However, your post contained ' did you just like the name' which is generally considered to be something you write when you want to be disingenuous.

When I said like his name I was being sarcastic. It was a joke not meant to offend anyone. I wanted to find out the source of information on the horse because I don't see it based on form. Relax.

So, instead of being sarcastic, simply ask a question next time please as it might put off others who get tips, from posting here. And the thread could then become full of people who don't post their tips at all but simply have something to say...... we wouldn't want that.

As mentioned, your money, your call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ShamoBuc wrote:
    Mi Laddo 2.30 Taunton at 5/1

Great shout

I do not see this winning or even lucky to place. Unplaced in 11 starts and last win January . 6th on latest outing and 15 lengths behind winner. Have you some information that others do not or do you just like the name. The.only saving grace is the bad quality of the horses.

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

tbf the disparity in weight between the winner and 2nd in a race of that grade is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Nice little treble for Sir A and emphatic win by CDO

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Good tip/info I'll try keep my gob shut next time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

4.05 Visioman at 11/1 (6 places 1/4)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

It might not be very original but having spent more time than i intended looking at the Grand National i keep coming up with the only logical bet imo BURROWS SAINT looks the form horse,is trained by the best trainer and has been trained with this race in mind,given normal luck in running i cannot see past this horse.

It isa long time since i fancied one as much as BURROWS SAINT (for the Grand National) and i will be having double my usual National bet ew on the horse just after 8 in the morning when B O G kicks in Powers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Grandnational 2021

Work sweepstake I got Bristoldemai and Balkodesflo

Familysweepstake; Chrisdream, Magicoflight, thelongmile, amidesbois

Mypicks: anysecondnow, potterscorner, minellatimes

Mehenah 240 looks a chance at 10/1

Mehenah 240 looks a chance at 10/1

2nd by short head I'd say just lack of experience. But this fille can only improve.

It might not be very original but having spent more time than i intended looking at the Grand National i keep coming up with the only logical bet imo BURROWS SAINT looks the form horse,is trained by the best trainer and has been trained with this race in mind,given normal luck in running i cannot see past this horse.

It isa long time since i fancied one as much as BURROWS SAINT (for the Grand National) and i will be having double my usual National bet ew on the horse just after 8 in the morning when B O G kicks in Powers.

Got a good run travelled really well through the race until outstayed towards the finish,3 miles 6 or even 4 miles will suit better,Patrick gave it a great ride and i got a little profit in a race loved by the bookies and it was great to see to see history made by the winner.

Roman Mist 4.10 at 16/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Roman Mist 4.10 at 16/1

Just do we don't jinx it, I can't see this horse winning, it's never won a race, did you pick it because you like Rome!!!!!!

Just do we don't jinx it, I can't see this horse winning, it's never won a race, did you pick it because you like Rome!!!!!!

I do like Rome! But thats not the reason, simply a tip I got, from someone who knows better than me. If you don't like it, don't back it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

I do like Rome! But thats not the reason, simply a tip I got, from someone who knows better than me. If you don't like it, don't back it.

just couldnt get a clear run. on the rail then outside then back inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

but1er wrote: »
    just couldnt get a clear run. on the rail then outside then back inside.

paddypower paying 4th on that race extra place special so not all bad

Roman Mist 4.10 at 16/1

Worked out grand,PP paid 4 places!

• Advertisement

Went off at 22/1 so that will do, 365 were 4 places too I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Went off at 22/1 so that will do, 365 were 4 places too I believe.

Nice one m8 well done

Scottish Grand National at Ayr is a puzzle as always,many have chances but i am having a few quid ew on COUP DE PINCEAU who should get the trip ok.

20 TO 1 with Paddy,a bit higher elsewhere but PP goes 6 places so that will do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Out again tomorrow. Taunton 6.00.

Two bets for friday,ELEGANT ELLEN 1.05 Doncaster is thought to be useful and connections win here.

JOHNNY B can win a modest staying handicap hurdle at Chepstow in the 7.35,is running well since going handicapping and stays this trip easily.

There is not a great deal to beat here and the horse goes well for the rider.

At home PERRY SQUARE in the 1.20 Cork could cause a surprise at a big price,300/1 when 4th last time would not have to improve much to be involved here.

His trainer loves racing but has not had a winner in 4 years,if this one drifts a bit he will be worth backing ew without the 1st and 2nd favs is 13/2 now but if drifting a little could go to 8/1 without the 2 jollies and that would be value as there was a lot to like about his last run and the stable had one run 2nd last week.

Two bets for friday,ELEGANT ELLEN 1.05 Doncaster is thought to be useful and connections win here.

JOHNNY B can win a modest staying handicap hurdle at Chepstow in the 7.35,is running well since going handicapping and stays this trip easily.

There is not a great deal to beat here and the horse goes well for the rider.

At home PERRY SQUARE in the 1.20 Cork could cause a surprise at a big price,300/1 when 4th last time would not have to improve much to be involved here.

His trainer loves racing but has not had a winner in 4 years,if this one drifts a bit he will be worth backing ew without the 1st and 2nd favs is 13/2 now but if drifting a little could go to 8/1 without the 2 jollies and that would be value as there was a lot to like about his last run and the stable had one run 2nd last week.

I think I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant he is 300-1 today.
    Still 14-1 is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Think you might have misread the odds for perry square, he is 14-1 not 300-1

'300/1 when 4th last time'

petes wrote: »
    '300/1 when 4th last time'

I know, I know!
    It's a bit early in the morning!+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I know, I know!
    It's a bit early in the morning!+

Ha!

• Advertisement