Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

munster87 wrote: »
    1:30, I’d fear Brando receiving 5lbs

Yea Brando is top rated and on the figures should go well,i passed him over as an 8 year olds do not win this race and he does not seem to be as consistent as he was and maybe old age is catching up with him. DAKOTA is in great shape this year and his speed on soft will count for something and the softer the better.

However luck can play a part in this type of race,racing room etc and i would not be lumping on either of them.

3.35 Wincanton - no opinion, yet anyway.

"Badger Beers" :(

It were always "Badger Ales" - one of them high quality listed handicap races that was 'synonymous' with Wincanton.

A 'day to day' punter like me used to like throwing out names intermittently of these quality, but lesser known NH races, in a bid to sound more knowledgeable on racing 'as a whole' - instead of just merely one who likes to 'just look at form and have a punt' :pac:

11.50 Donc

SIR BENEDICT @ around 5s; am thinking the going and 6fs will suit, bit of value here imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Nice saturday start leefsem Sirbenedict wins by a nose both Buicky and the Managan riding well atm imo

1.07 delayed Kelso COOLE HALL AT 11/4 for pennies

• Advertisement

^^^^^
    No joy

1.30 Donny DANCING VEGA 25s

Speculative each way, at a price, for change

Having a look, as racing goes on, so throwing a few up real close (apols)

Anyway,

2.05 Donny ANNA NERIUM 4s - 9/2 ish Small win on Hannon's filly carrying topweight

Also A Balding's BE MORE 22/1 and is at a value price, she merits a small each way in this

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Just one more in Doncaster DAKOTA GOLD,gives weight to all but has an excellent record when the ground is heavy or soft.

If it does not dry out too much DAKOTA will be hard to beat and that will be the only other bet i will have tomorrow with of course the two already mentioned.1.30 Don and there is money back as free bet if 2nd,3rd or 4th only for a tenner but it's better than nothing PP.

Lovely jubberly :D

1.50 Wincanton FLEUR IRLANDAISE 20/1

Will forgive her her last run, and chance another small stakes each way on Nick Littmoden's Mare at a good price. Not out of it.

3.00 Wincanton SOLO 9/2

Will take a chance in opposing the odds on jolly, and go with Paul Nicholls' gelding to win here. Price is appealing
    at least. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Kbrogan back in the winning section today makes up for the money lost

Going small each way on these 2, each way double aswell.

2.52 Kelso SARVI 10-1 Gen

3.27 Kelso OLD JEWRY 9/1 Gen

To turn fortunes around :)

Gluck to those sticking at it, and well done anyone who's up :)

bassy wrote: »
    well when i put a horse up i include price time and meeting....................dont have to hit enter.....................................

Ah sure bass i have to leave you a little work.

Lost track of time with last 2 - posted close to off :(

3.35 Wincanton "Badger Beers" - A speculative each way selection, with some sort of a chance in this feature race.

ERICK LE ROUGE 25/1

Plenty with 'live chances' - I'm happy to take a punt on this young 6yr old chaser. First time cheekpieces. Good ground and trip will be okay I hope - a few frontrunners here, so am hoping the horse can follow the pace, and at least get into a decent rhythm early on to give 'im a chance here.

8.30 Chelmsford SORAMOND 28/1 Gen. Each Way on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Yea Brando is top rated and on the figures should go well,i passed him over as an 8 year olds do not win this race and he does not seem to be as consistent as he was and maybe old age is catching up with him. DAKOTA is in great shape this year and his speed on soft will count for something and the softer the better.

However luck can play a part in this type of race,racing room etc and i would not be lumping on either of them.

Happy days

KING BROOK is the horse i think will win the November Handicap at 3.15 tomorrow and i have backed him already at 15/2 ew and i will be backing the horse again in the morning when bog kicks in.

Trained by Ian Williams who won this a few years ago and had the 3rd and 6th in 2018 (it was not run last year) and formerly with Mark Johnstone KING BROOK is a 3 year old with a good weight,3 year olds used to do very well in the race winning half the time but not as well in recent years when classier older horses began contesting the race.

Lightly raced (only 7 runs) there could be a lot of improvement to come,it is slightly annoying that the trainer has another horse (Everything For You) in the race but having had its last 3 runs over hurdles and being off for a while it would be some performance if he was competitive here.

The danger could come from another 3 year old trained by Mark Johnstone,Tulip Fields and i will have a saver ew at 16/1.

KING BROOK won well in a good race lto when trying one and a half miles for the first time,well suited by soft ground i expect a very god run from the horse and he is the weekend's best bet ew in my opinion.PP go 6 places.

KING BROOK disappointed having been heavily gambled on,i had half my stake at 15/2 and half at 8s,i couldnt see a lot in the mist and there was no write up from the race readers.

DAKOTA GOLD ran very well and saved me from losing a good few quid but no profit on the day.

However i was impressed by CHIEFOFCHIEFS who ran on really well for 4th only beaten a nose for 3rd at 28/1,i have backed this one once or twice and i would be interested in him over 7 furlongs.

Trainer Charlie Fellowes is not afraid to run his horses all over the world and if he plans a raid somewhere i would pay attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

KING BROOK disappointed having been heavily gambled on,i had half my stake at 15/2 and half at 8s,i couldnt see a lot in the mist and there was no write up from the race readers.

DAKOTA GOLD ran very well and saved me from losing a good few quid but no profit on the day.

However i was impressed by CHIEFOFCHIEFS who ran on really well for 4th only beaten a nose for 3rd at 28/1,i have backed this one once or twice and i would be interested in him over 7 furlongs.

Trainer Charlie Fellowes is not afraid to run his horses all over the world and if he plans a raid somewhere i would pay attention.

Well done on Dakota ZZimm....nice one !

3.10 Stratford RAHMAH 33s Gen

Yet to win a hurdles' race, and all of his recent form reads poorly no matter what way it's interpreted. However, some of those hurdles' races were in Class 3s and 4s (Class 5 today) , and on going with plenty of soft in it. Based on his flat form, at middle to long distances on ground that is good or better; as well as one of his runs over hurdles (Jan last year) on ground described as good to firm, one could give Geoffrey Deacon's a glimmer here.

Having said that, the ground is only gd to soft in the description, but yesterday, looking at it it was described as gd to soft - soft in places. Maybe it's drying out - even at this time of the year :pac:

Regardless, whether or not the ground will be as described, or 'firmed up' , the horse is still up against it. A big price he may be, but perhaps not 'value' per se going by what he's done. Countering that, it's obviously a poor race, and some of the participants appear to require genuinely soft ground to run to their best.

That said, a small each way for the interest.

Gluck ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

E/W 28-1 5 places.Theres my 1 e/w safely invested.

vandriver wrote: »
    E/W 28-1 5 places.Theres my 1 e/w safely invested.

Very cryptic that one :p

2.50 Ffos Las

ROBIN OF SHERWOOD 9/2

Showed a liking for soft last time out winning over C & D on soft. That was a bit of a surprise (not by connections, as was well supported) , and maybe not guaranteed to follow up.

Represents some value against Peter Bowen's short-priced favourite; who at 10/11 or close, is well underpriced I feel.

Sandown 3.30

JEPECK @ 10/1 has a good chance here in this veterans' race.

3.25 Ffos Las ON CALL available at 14s, and bigger.

Looks with a chance, and, to me is well over-priced. Had a liking for soft in PtP's; second run for Grace Harris - first was pretty good on possibly unsuitable good ground. Each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭vandriver

Very cryptic that one :p

It came 5th,I got the place money.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    He's riding 2 for Gordon Elliot tomorrow at Sedgefield

Horses certainly run run for young Brogan ( i wonder if he is related to the infamous Barry Brogan who went to the top of the jumps game and then to the bottom in no time,i remember him well very talented before he self destructed.)

Brogan gave Sexy Lot a very good ride,looking through his legs one and a half furlongs out when cruising in front and then winning about 4 or 5 lengths further than was neccessary as he rode the horse out to the line, though perhaps i should not complain as i had a modest bet on the horse.

He certainly looks destined for the top.

Ha ha,i hope you are not one of those who believe in Jonahs,neither the horse or jockey knew we backed the horse,

Horses fall regularly in chases and it was way too early to know if the beast would be involved in the finish.

I never mind backing a faller next time,particularly a young horse but thats two in a row and i would rather see a clear round before getting involved again.

ESPRIT DU LARGE,is out again tomorrow which suggests Williams wants a clear round which will be enough to win.

Anything around 10/11 would make me get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Horses certainly run run for young Brogan ( i wonder if he is related to the infamous Barry Brogan who went to the top of the jumps game and then to the bottom in no time,i remember him well very talented before he self destructed.)

Brogan gave Sexy Lot a very good ride,looking through his legs one and a half furlongs out when cruising in front and then winning about 4 or 5 lengths further than was neccessary as he rode the horse out to the line, though perhaps i should not complain as i had a modest bet on the horse.

He certainly looks destined for the top.

that was a brilliant ride. Youknowwhatmeanharry was a brilliant ride aswell on saturday. Still only getting a ride here and there, one today and one tomorrow.

3.55 Newcastle tomorrow; a couple of angles here, and a few selections.

GEORGE RIDSDALE 5/4 Gen - some 11/8 about.

If he runs his race he should win. Going WIN on this one. Shorter than I normally like in this sort of race, but the price is value imo. I feel he could well go off at 6/5, or less. At 5/4 he is value, and should he win it will cover the losses; or come close to doing so, should the below 2 not make the frame - though I hope that's not the case, especially as I feel Greengage can be there or thereabouts.

GREENGAGE 12/1

Saw he was 16s earlier, but didn't want to be greedy :p , so at 12s now; which is okay. A hold up performance can see him perhaps trouble the fav. EACH WAY on this one, and a small WIN W/O FAV (unless George doesn't take part :pac: )

MAURICIO 66/1

A bit speculative, but there are reasons to be cheerful at the price available. Formally trained in Ireland by Willie McCreery; who got a win out of him over 10fs on soft at Roscommon; he was then sent to England to Richard Newland's for a jumps campaign mainly. The good doctor managed to get a few wins out of him (one on the flat over 10fs on good ground at Yarmouth).

Now with Mrs Barclay, and having his 6th run for her. First 3 were on the flat, and last two jumps. Those flat runs were over 14, 16, and 12fs, and he has dropped 4lbs since the first of those. Back at 10fs, and a distance he's won at before, and trained by a more flat oriented trainer than Richard Newland, I wouldn't have him down as a complete no-hoper. SMALL EACH WAY.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I've had a little e/w nibble on Nuits st George in the November handicap.25-1
    I think this trip suits him.

The place at 80-1 returned a nice little sum!

Advertisement