Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

12.37 Hereford THAT'S ME

Up against an odds on shot, and a 7/4 poke, plus the 3rd favourite is 3/1; it looks like a place is the best one can hope for here.

Still, available at 20s, and thereabouts Tim Vaughan's THAT'S ME might be able to get involved here; on his second run over hurdles. His first run he wasn't fancied, and came fifth over C & D on good to firm. With the benefit of a run, and taking on trust that softer ground will be to his liking, a SMALL EACH WAY for an interest is no harm here, where I feel it is unlikely all the 3 market leaders will finish 1, 2, and 3.

The place at 80-1 returned a nice little sum!

You must have done some celebrating so to wait almost 3 days to boast about it :pac:

Nice picking dan :)

1.07 Hereford - 3 EACH WAY for change; a bit of interest really, at big prices with 4 places on offer.

ECTOR, RING THE MOON, SOME FINISH - At about 16s, 22s, and 50s respectively.

Luck all

3.55 Newcastle tomorrow; a couple of angles here, and a few selections.

GREENGAGE 12/1

Saw he was 16s earlier, but didn't want to be greedy :p , so at 12s now; which is okay. A hold up performance can see him perhaps trouble the fav. EACH WAY on this one, and a small WIN W/O FAV (unless George doesn't take part :pac

Top price 9/1 now, 15/2 - 8/1 General. Only about 4/1 W/O, so not much to write home about there. Think I'd back the fav again if 6/4 (11/8 most books)

but1er wrote: »
    becoming a big fan of young K Brogan riding brilliantly lately only getting going in the uk so is only get a ride here and there. Was brilliant on Drumconnor Lad on saturday and has one ride today on Jimmy Bell in Hereford at 1.10 about 10s so small bet Ew

He has one ride today for William Bethell in the 2.15 at Huntingdon - MIAMI PRESENT in a Conditional Jockeys' Chase. First time blinkers. At 10, he's not an old veteran (the hoss that is) :p .

6/1 Get on! Lump job :pac: :pac: :D

• Advertisement

3.15 Huntingdon CARO DES FLOS 14s Gen (was bigger - just looked at race now)

2m 4f , Class 5, good ground all give him a live Each Way chance here. Was 20s or thereabouts earlier, but 14s is grand - 365 are 16s.
    Happy enuf with 14s and 4 places though.

3.55 Newcastle tomorrow; a couple of angles here, and a few selections.

GEORGE RIDSDALE 5/4 Gen - some 11/8 about.

If he runs his race he should win. Going WIN on this one. Shorter than I normally like in this sort of race, but the price is value imo. I feel he could well go off at 6/5, or less. At 5/4 he is value, and should he win it will cover the losses; or come close to doing so, should the below 2 not make the frame - though I hope that's not the case, especially as I feel Greengage can be there or thereabouts.

GREENGAGE 12/1

Saw he was 16s earlier, but didn't want to be greedy :p , so at 12s now; which is okay. A hold up performance can see him perhaps trouble the fav. EACH WAY on this one, and a small WIN W/O FAV (unless George doesn't take part :pac: )

MAURICIO 66/1

A bit speculative, but there are reasons to be cheerful at the price available. Formally trained in Ireland by Willie McCreery; who got a win out of him over 10fs on soft at Roscommon; he was then sent to England to Richard Newland's for a jumps campaign mainly. The good doctor managed to get a few wins out of him (one on the flat over 10fs on good ground at Yarmouth).

Now with Mrs Barclay, and having his 6th run for her. First 3 were on the flat, and last two jumps. Those flat runs were over 14, 16, and 12fs, and he has dropped 4lbs since the first of those. Back at 10fs, and a distance he's won at before, and trained by a more flat oriented trainer than Richard Newland, I wouldn't have him down as a complete no-hoper. SMALL EACH WAY.

Good luck

:mad: :rolleyes: ;) : :D:D George Ridsdale a bloody NR ffs

40p rule 4 :pac: :(:( I'm laughing more than crying - mixed emotions with all them emoticons

I hope that I at least get a run for my money with all, or most of them picks today. Some big enough prices, so a profit hopefully I will make :)

Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You must have done some celebrating so to wait almost 3 days to boast about it :pac:

Nice picking dan :)

At least I have something to boast about leff ! :cool:

At least I have something to boast about leff ! :cool:

Ok dan, ok, whatever you say - with your effectively 15/2 winner :pac:

Keep them coming then :cool:

• Advertisement

6.25 Newcastle Maysong 11/2 Gen , big as 8s in places. Can get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Didnt back K Brogan today backed him yesterday, no idea how he stayed up again on the horse he has some balance.

Decided to put a block on the gambling sites on the mobile using Gamban. Working from home and every bookie on me phone far to easy to throw a 10er in and not worry about and before you know it its a few 10ers, far to easy. Ill keep it on till 26th December.

4.55 Newcastle Holy Endeavour each way 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

4.55 Newcastle Holy Endeavour each way 12/1

Nice one Leff

crushproof wrote: »
    Nice one Leff

Ta Crush :)

I got a good 'aerobic workout' punching the air the last couple of furlongs :D

Roca Magica each way chance 5.25

5.55 Newcastle : 2 here, hope 1 wins.

Kentucky Kitten 15/2 , Imperial Butterfly 4/1

Few Selections for openers @ NH meetings across the pond.

12.35 Ayr Adelphi Prince 11/1 Gen

Going Each way here. Hopefully get a run for da money, place be grand. Those Tiger Feet has some appeal as a Win bet at 9/4 (some 9/4 around - generally 2/1) or bigger, but just an Each Way on the selection.

12.45 Bangor Subcontinent 5/2 Gen

Venitia Williams' charge makes most appeal here on his second chase start, albeit after an absence. Small Win here.

12.55 Exeter Hawk's Well 4/1 Gen

Going win on this - bit of value in price.

A Book Of Intrigue 12/1 Gen

My Each Way pick in an open looking race.

FYI For his fans the young jockey K BROGAN has his only ride of the day in this Conditional Jockeys' Handicap (The Composeur for Jonjo)

Gluck all

2,05 Exeter Telson Barley 7/1

Makes a modicum of appeal here on his fourth chase start, and second run after an absence. Small each way.

2.20 Ayr Glory And Fortune 11/4 Gen

Only 4 go to post. This one has at least the benefit of a chase start. Am hoping he tries to make all to put the rest of them under the sword. Ground a slight concern. Win only race, and not investing much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

FYI For his fans the young jockey K BROGAN has his only ride of the day in this Conditional Jockeys' Handicap (The Composeur for Jonjo)

Gluck all

A lovely winner at 7/2 pillar to post pretty much another fine ride from young Kevin Brogan a star in the making.

Scoundrel wrote: »
    A lovely winner at 7/2 pillar to post pretty much another fine ride from young Kevin Brogan a star in the making.

Yeah - very good ride. Some strike rate too - 5 from 13, or thereabouts.
    No joy for me when I backed him yesterday though :(:p

2.36 Exeter MR Clarkson 33/1 Gen

Looks a big price here going on his hurdles' form. Third chase start, but first two were on proper soft-heavy ground. It's gd to soft he faces today. I could be well wrong trying to equate his chances of a good run here based on the pick of his hurdles' runs. The conditions underfoot on his first two chase starts makes me draw a line through them. I don't think he should be the outsider at least. Each way.

1.30 Ex Wavering Down 12/1... Each way

Not much joy so far :(

2.50 Ayr Trongate 6/1

Last run was promising over a half mile shorter. No world-beater, but in with a shout at an each way to nothing price. Each way here.

3.10 Exeter Silver Hallmark 11/1

Going each way here, 2 hotpots in this. Fancy him to beat at least one of them to nab 1 of the 2 places :P

Might even win :D

3.33 Bangor Chirico Vallis 4/1

Very nice price for me. Can win by making all. Win bet on this one.

3.41 Exeter Lester Kris 33/1 Gen

Each way

4.11 Ex Burren Walk 4/1 - 9/2 available

Going win here. Represents a bit of value against the top 2 in the market. Recent run - Alan King among the winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

3.10 Exeter Silver Hallmark 11/1

Going each way here, 2 hotpots in this. Fancy him to beat at least one of them to nab 1 of the 2 places :P

Might even win :D

That's an absolute sickener chinned on the line

Advertisement