Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

but1er wrote: »
    becoming a big fan of young K Brogan riding brilliantly lately only getting going in the uk so is only get a ride here and there. Was brilliant on Drumconnor Lad on saturday and has one ride today on Jimmy Bell in Hereford at 1.10 about 10s so small bet Ew

He's riding 2 for Gordon Elliot tomorrow at Sedgefield

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

10 yanos way at zia Park at 7 to 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Yep 12.10 and 14.15 both short priced favs, zimmer or left got anything tomorrow to add a bit of value?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Yep 12.10 and 14.15 both short priced favs, zimmer or left got anything tomorrow to add a bit of value?

No i won't be having a bet,in fact i am trying to find the winner of the the November handicap at Doncaster on sat,thats the last big handicap of the year as the turf season finishes.
    Its a race i like over a mile and a half,i have spent a few hours on it to date and will have decided which of the short list i have picked out to bet on by friday.

At the 7.30 Kempton SONNET ROSE available at around 18s will do for me.

She's drawn low in stall 2, so can be close enough to the pace, hopefully with a handy rail's position. There are a few other horses drawn in the low numbers that may try to make all; notably the likely fav Johnny Reb (1), and possibly In The Red (5).

If she's not far away at the first bend I'll be happy enough. A few poor runs lately - some over C & D; but I'm happy enough to back her at the prices, because for some of those runs trying to chase the pace from a wide draw might not have been ideal.

That's the angle I'm taking on the race anyway. All in all solid e/w chance imo.

Good luck

• Advertisement

1.15 Sedgefield SEABOROUGH 20/1 PP

Ran a couple of decent races this time last year. One of those was at the course, where he won over 3 furlongs shorter racing prominently.
    He's ran some being held up, or out the back, without faring so well. A few question marks; not least the trip, but worth a smallish bet at an appealing price (has drifted a bit this morning - but that doesn't necessarily stop 'em.. ha :pac:)

He's also back into a Class 4, on the back of two attempts in a Class 3, and 1 in a Class 2. Enough positives, and hopefully a good run forthcoming, and a nice return without getting heavily involved.

A speculative/hopeful/value selection for us small punters :p

Gluck

^^^^^^

Fell... at the first I think :(

5.15 Chelmsford LADY OF DESIRE 10s and bigger currently

A lil each way playin' for 2 places here

5.30 Kempton EVALUATION 17/2 Gen

Stouty's charge has a chance.. Going each way...

Jolly best priced 3/10.... Gotta laugh at anyone what backs 'em Godolphin shorties at them prohibitive odds.. Johnny G has 2nd fav..

Anyway - Come on Proberto for her Maj :pac::pac::pac:

7.00 Kem LOTTIE MARIE 12/1 (on the drift)

Cheeky each way on this course winner, on her first run for Joe Tuite.

No joy with the lady at Chelsmfrd alas

• Advertisement

5.30 Kempton EVALUATION 17/2 Gen

Stouty's charge has a chance.. Going each way...

Jolly best priced 3/10.... Gotta laugh at anyone what backs 'em Godolphin shorties at them prohibitive odds.. Johnny G has 2nd fav..

Anyway - Come on Proberto for her Maj :pac::pac::pac:

No joy :(

Anyway, in the words of Paul Simon "The information is unavailable to the mortal man" - couldn't consider backing a 1/3 shot in an "eleven horse horse-race". Them Appleby yokes are almost always way underpriced.

If I wanted to back at that price it would be Ronnie at 4/11 to beat Mark Allen later on. Mon the Rocket!

Very foggy at Kempton - meeting in danger I think.. I have Sonnet Rose in the 7.30 - hope they continue on....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Kempton abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

No i won't be having a bet,in fact i am trying to find the winner of the the November handicap at Doncaster on sat,thats the last big handicap of the year as the turf season finishes.
    Its a race i like over a mile and a half,i have spent a few hours on it to date and will have decided which of the short list i have picked out to bet on by friday.

I've had a little e/w nibble on Nuits st George in the November handicap.25-1
    I think this trip suits him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Bad Day for K Brogan yesterday his first yesterday had to be put down and his second ride finished second for Gordan Elliot, I missed both races. I will be backing him today in warwick today as he has one ride for Jonjo on a horse called write it down at 10/3 currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

No joy :(

Anyway, in the words of Paul Simon "The information is unavailable to the mortal man" - couldn't consider backing a 1/3 shot in an "eleven horse horse-race". Them Appleby yokes are almost always way underpriced.

If I wanted to back at that price it would be Ronnie at 4/11 to beat Mark Allen later on. Mon the Rocket!

Very foggy at Kempton - meeting in danger I think.. I have Sonnet Rose in the 7.30 - hope they continue on....

Give it up man...

KING BROOK is the horse i think will win the November Handicap at 3.15 tomorrow and i have backed him already at 15/2 ew and i will be backing the horse again in the morning when bog kicks in.

Trained by Ian Williams who won this a few years ago and had the 3rd and 6th in 2018 (it was not run last year) and formerly with Mark Johnstone KING BROOK is a 3 year old with a good weight,3 year olds used to do very well in the race winning half the time but not as well in recent years when classier older horses began contesting the race.

Lightly raced (only 7 runs) there could be a lot of improvement to come,it is slightly annoying that the trainer has another horse (Everything For You) in the race but having had its last 3 runs over hurdles and being off for a while it would be some performance if he was competitive here.

The danger could come from another 3 year old trained by Mark Johnstone,Tulip Fields and i will have a saver ew at 16/1.

KING BROOK won well in a good race lto when trying one and a half miles for the first time,well suited by soft ground i expect a very god run from the horse and he is the weekend's best bet ew in my opinion.PP go 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Javier Castellano starting a fire at keeneland and to win the 1815 on RoyalCharlotte

7.00 Newcastle Going for three here KOLOSSUS 50s Gen, MUATADEL 40S Gen, and BILLY WEDGE 9/1 Gen

Gluck

6.30 Newcastle DEOLALI 11s Gen

Nice price - hoping can make all.

8.05 Newcastle LONGROOM 11s Gen

Another that can potentially make all over 5 here; was very short earlier (too short imo) at around 9/2. Drifted out to a respectable price.

Most of the selections are all each way.

Best of luck

• Advertisement

Couple of winners this eve; not too bad.

Had a look at Donny, and I think there's two in the last; both with live chances :):)

3.45 Doncaster tomorrow LORD OBERON 16/1 Gen

1 run and 1 win at Doncaster, which was over C & D at around this time of the year 2 years ago. That was in a Class 2 off 90, and runs off 75 in this Class 3 Apprentice Handicap. Also, Paula Muir has a decent strike-rate at the course, winning 3 from 14.

At a shorter price, and one which I feel could be unexposed is MASKED IDENTITY @ 7s Gen for Shaun Keightley. Molly Presland takes off a valuable 7lbs, but she has ridden 3 winners this season, so that's a positive. As for the horse himself, he's only had 2 runs (out of 15) on ground that was proper soft or heavy. Both of those were at Newmarket, and both over 7fs, winning once on soft, and coming second on heavy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them fill the first two places, even in an open race like this, so that's another possibility for a small investement. :D

Each way on both the selections, and good luck all.

7.00 Chelmsford THEYDON LOUBOUTIN 8/1 PP

A couple of okay runs the last twice over a mile at the course. Hard to know if she wants further, or shorter. I'm hoping the drop back to 7 will suit, and she's well drawn in 1 to follow the early pace. A couple of other horses in form in this race, so win only here for me, at what might be slightly generous odds. A win or come nowhere proposition by my humble calculations :P

Also, a speculative each way on BROUGHTONS COMPASS 33/1 Gen in the same race. This horse has yet to win in twenty starts, but has bits and pieces of form over 6 & 7fs, both at Chelmsford and at Lingfield, and cannot be entirely discounted at the prices imo..

Give it up man...

Ah now. Couple of nice winners today...but jinxed poor Ronnie!

munster87 wrote: »
    Ah now. Couple of nice winners today...but jinxed poor Ronnie!

:D There is that unfortunately :pac:

Wasn't intended :P

3.15 Donny GLENCADAM GLORY big as 33s PP, and a few other mainly online firms, though with options limited (account wise - don't have many) will go for shorter - still okay at 25s/28s.

I know Zimmer has a strong fancy here, and another at a price, but we're all going each way with 5 places on offer, so all three could potentially make a profit.

TBT I didn't look at much in this. The eye was drawn, for whatever reasons - position towards top of handicap, name, form figures, something in the back of my mind cos I backed it before etcc... Anyway the eye was drawn, so then it was a case of trying to make a case :o:D

And, a case can indeed be made for this one, of at least 2 that Tim Easterby has going for him here. 2 course runs - 1 win. Also a mish mash of form over 12fs, as well as soft ground form, and the already mentioned Doncaster form.

As well as all that sterling insight Tim and Ella have a 3 from 7 wins to runs this last 21 days (nt 2 shabby) and young jock Ella McCain herself has a 2 from 6 strike rate at the course (again, nott too shabbay :P) since 2010 according to stats - doubt she was racing before that :pac:

Races off 103, and yet to win in 6 runs for current trainer (won twice for J Gosden). On form; and ratings - this son of Nathaniel is definitely up against it; but, the 'ingredients' might be enough to make some cake (a lame analogy :p , but needs must; for the sake of comedy :D)

On the plus side - with a write-up like this some 'onlookers' might fancy a swipe tomorrow - let 'em at it :D I'll look forward to rebuking any and all (or mebbe just the one) "non selection posting" comers what might like to have a go. In the words of John Rambo, Jim Davidson, Chris Walken (from 7 psychopaths) - F U K K E M!

Am slightly soz led so will leave it at dat.

Gluck all posters, non posters who read this what e'er ye back in whatever sport or discipline. And to them P- R-I - X what don't even post, but look on in the hope of a dig - bring it on. Gun-boat diplomacy (in da verbal sense - natch :P) will ensue. More entertainment for me, or maybe not, as i might refrain from responding.

I think I'll leave it at that.

Might check in later, and peg out a few from the jumps' meetings as and when, but being as I should 'give it up' the avowed castigations shall likely come - when they no doubt finish down the field :rolleyes:

All good if so - more ammo for me for a rant.

All umbrage aside all them nags I put up all have, I believe decent chances on form/price/value etc . I weren't drunk an hour ago :D

Oiche Mhaith

Just one more in Doncaster DAKOTA GOLD,gives weight to all but has an excellent record when the ground is heavy or soft.

If it does not dry out too much DAKOTA will be hard to beat and that will be the only other bet i will have tomorrow with of course the two already mentioned.1.30 Don and there is money back as free bet if 2nd,3rd or 4th only for a tenner but it's better than nothing PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Just one more in Doncaster DAKOTA GOLD,gives weight to all but has an excellent record when the ground is heavy or soft.

If it does not dry out too much DAKOTA will be hard to beat and that will be the only other bet i will have tomorrow with of course the two already mentioned.

what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

bassy wrote:
    what time?

Type : What time does Dakota gold run? Hit enter. It's like magic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

pollocks wrote: »

well when i put a horse up i include price time and meeting....................dont have to hit enter.....................................

• Advertisement

pollocks wrote: »

1:30, I’d fear Brando receiving 5lbs

Advertisement