Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

3.40 Ascot TOWNSHEND 22/1 Boyles, PP Each way; VALTOR 13/2 PP win

3.05 Ascot MALAYA 15/2 win.

Course form, okay price, has the assistance of top jock B Frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Black Corton has 11 .12 to carry in the 3.40 Ascot and it may seem a big ask but others have won this with that weight and if the wind op has improved him any bit he could win today PP going 5 places so I had a good ew bet.

Was bang there for most of the race tiring at the finish and just caught for 3rd when coming home in own time.

A fraction over money back and Black can be followed,jumping as good as ever.

1.35 Carlisle CHAMBARD 4/1 PP, 9/2 Bet365

Only has one win to his name from 11 outings in the NH sphere, and that was in a hurdles race. Nonetheless, he has come second on 3 of his 4 chase starts, acts on heavy; plus he has good course form on the declared heavy going, finishing second to Dominateur in a hurdles race in March of last year. Should be some pace on as a couple of frontrunners here, and I feel this will suit also from the perspective that he can clock a fast time for the prevailing conditions. Worth a few bob on the nose. Bit of juice in the price methinks.

Gluck

2.55 Huntingdon KIWAYU 30/1 PP 33/1 Bet365

This 11yr old has a squeak here. Not a huge price like I hoped he would be. Back in a Class 5 today, having ran in 4 Class 4s since he last ran in a Class 5 (which he won) , which was at Southwell over a similar distance. Small win bet for the interest.

Gluck

• Advertisement

3.20 Cork - Paddy Power Cork Grand National AH LITTLELUCK 12/1 PP

At the cramped enough odds, only worth a few shillings win. Carries a low weight, and has seen some support this morning.

1.49 Huntingdon THE VOLLAN 12/1 PP

I think Kim Bailey's short priced jolly is vulnerable on this good ground, and, for me, is worth taking on. The current 2nd fav Alan King's Senior Citizen available at 5/2 should be at the head of the market imo.. Nonetheless, THE VOLLAN at the very generous 12/1 odds gets the nod here. At a best priced 10/11 the fav Espoir De Romay has to be a lay bet here.

G'luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AnniePowwa

13:30
    4. Saltonstall
    6/1

14:00
    14. Soul Search
    15/2

14:35
    3. Let Me Pass
    12/1

15:05
    2. In From The Cold
    11/4

^^^^

Great shout on Saltonstall AP! 6/1 lovely price

2.05 Power of lazarus 11/1
    2.40 Gregorys gift 8/1
    3.15 wild shot 20/1
    3.50 Pikaia 12/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Dettori only the one ride today in Kempton in the 5.05, Lucander 2/1, so I'm going to put it in a Heinz with a few other shorties/fancies

Linalee King, 12.50 Plumpton 8/11
    Perfect Inch 2.20 Kempton 5/6
    Sixties Secret 3.40 plumpton 3/1
    Mini Milk 1.50 Kempton 15/4
    Canoodled 4.50 Wolves 7/2.

Prices were this morning but only got to the thread now so dunno if they've changed or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

becoming a big fan of young K Brogan riding brilliantly lately only getting going in the uk so is only get a ride here and there. Was brilliant on Drumconnor Lad on saturday and has one ride today on Jimmy Bell in Hereford at 1.10 about 10s so small bet Ew

but1er wrote: »
    becoming a big fan of young K Brogan riding brilliantly lately only getting going in the uk so is only get a ride here and there. Was brilliant on Drumconnor Lad on saturday and has one ride today on Jimmy Bell in Hereford at 1.10 about 10s so small bet Ew

wins at 12s.

I wont be up at 4.oc to watch the Melbourne Cup but i am backing two horses in the race ew.

Joseph OBrien went close last year with Master of Reality only beaten a neck and that one has a chance again this year.

Joseph's other runnner Twilight Payment must also have a chance and he has finished in front of Master of Reality the last 3 occasions they met.

Twilight Payment was only 11th in this race last year but was only 3 and 3/4 lengths behind the winner,he had only recently joined OBrien and he now knows the horse better and he could do better this year.

It is a tough handicap and Aiden's runners must also come into the reckoning but with Master of Reality and Twilight Payment trading at between 20/1 and 25/1 they are worth backing ew PP go 6 places.

I wont be up at 4.oc to watch the Melbourne Cup but i am backing two horses in the race ew.

Joseph OBrien went close last year with Master of Reality only beaten a neck and that one has a chance again this year.

Joseph's other runnner Twilight Payment must also have a chance and he has finished in front of Master of Reality the last 3 occasions they met.

Twilight Payment was only 11th in this race last year but was only 3 and 3/4 lengths behind the winner,he had only recently joined OBrien and he now knows the horse better and he could do better this year.

It is a tough handicap and Aiden's runners must also come into the reckoning but with Master of Reality and Twilight Payment trading at between 20/1 and 25/1 they are worth backing ew PP go 6 places.

Brilliant, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hope you ordered the champagne for breakfast Zim!!

Hope you ordered the champagne for breakfast Zim!!

Not quite but i can assure you it tasted very nice and PP going 25/1 the winner helped,it was a great race and as i always maintain "luck balances out" and i had the luck today as the winning post came in time.

i like evan williams in the haldon today

2.55 Exeter Darlac 12s Bet365

Goes well at the course, and good ground should suit.

Esprit Du Large trained by Evan William's may be the answer to the big race today,the 2.25 Exeter.
    This race is usually won by a young horse having its first run of the season who has solid form from last year.

Esprit fits the bill for me and at 7 to 1 Pp is an ew bet.

• Advertisement

Esprit Du Large trained by Evan William's may be the answer to the big race today,the 2.25 Exeter.
    This race is usually won by a young horse having its first run of the season who has solid form from last year.

Esprit fits the bill for me and at 7 to 1 Pp is an ew bet.

jonah :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Nice pick Zimmer of MELBOURNE Cup 2020

AnniePowwa wrote: »
    jonah :rolleyes:

Ha ha,i hope you are not one of those who believe in Jonahs,neither the horse or jockey knew we backed the horse,

Horses fall regularly in chases and it was way too early to know if the beast would be involved in the finish.

I never mind backing a faller next time,particularly a young horse but thats two in a row and i would rather see a clear round before getting involved again.

A twixie 4 tomowwow :)

4.00 Lingfield VOI 14/1 PP, Boyle
    12.50 Muss PC DIXON 25s 365, 22s Gen
    1.50 Muss PAMMI 10/1 Gen

Each way. I think the first 2 mentioned are v good prices, and they're not giving away much on Pammi - still an okay price.

4th Nov DUNDALK 16:05 1M HCAP 1m
    4. Jazzelle
    13/2

4th Nov DUNDALK 16:35 1M HCAP 1m
    8. Magic Charm
    10/1

4th Nov DUNDALK 17:05 1M 2 1/2F HCAP 1m 2f 150yds
    2. Queen Amidala
    10/1

4th Nov DUNDALK 17:35 1M 2 1/2F HCAP
    4. Heres Hoping
    14/1

Ha ha,i hope you are not one of those who believe in Jonahs,neither the horse or jockey knew we backed the horse,

Horses fall regularly in chases and it was way too early to know if the beast would be involved in the finish.

I never mind backing a faller next time,particularly a young horse but thats two in a row and i would rather see a clear round before getting involved again.

tongue in cheek lad:D

1.30 elmejor 7/1

Tomorrow Chelmsford 7.45 AGUEROOO

AnniePowwa wrote: »
    tongue in cheek lad:D

No bother lass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

but1er wrote: »

He's riding 2 for Gordon Elliot tomorrow at Sedgefield

Advertisement