Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I've given up on pints at all games, it's a complete waste of time, you'd be better with a small drop of whiskey for a casual sip and no bathroom breaks.
    I wish many others would sometimes as well. Working in the ground can be the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

salmocab wrote: »
    Have to work tomorrow night so heading straight after the match, out near blanchardstown for 7. Was thinking of parking in clanna na gael as someone told me they do paid parking for the aviva matches. That way I can go through the port tunnel and around the m50. Anyone park down there before or even have a better idea? Does it be full ages before the game or would I be okay to park at say 2 45?

Clanna Gael do do parking, or at least have done in the past. If you're going out by the tunnel it's the ideal spot to go I'd say. Can't help with regards to how quick it fills but I'd imagine an hour or so before you'd be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Match day!

Hopefully by days end Saracens are expelling Leinster diplomats after a bad case of poisoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Biggest concern for today is trying to integrate so many players back into the side with so little involvement. 7 guys starting who were starting with Ireland and had a week off after the England match. That has to impact on preparations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Buer wrote: »
    Biggest concern for today is trying to integrate so many players back into the side with so little involvement. 7 guys starting who were starting with Ireland and had a week off after the England match. That has to impact on preparations.

Not to mention some of them being on the piss for a few days.

Sleepless night, I never sleep well before a big game.

I still feel we will have enough if our 9 and 10 stay on the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Eerily quiet in here all things considered, really feeling anxious about this one now. Hope to hell Isa is fit and can last the 80. Going to need a big shift from the pack today. Wonder is johhny’s Glute issue sorted properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Anyone know what the story is with the DART? Irish Rail site says there's maintenance going on?

Thought I heard the radio say the DART is running as normal on the south side of the city. The trouble is getting people to Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

DGRulz wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with the DART? Irish Rail site says there's maintenance going on?

It’s not running on the northside but they deserve to walk.

Sexton nailed his kicks during warm up anyway.

Leo the Lion joining in a group stretch with the Sarries forwards drew a chuckle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Great win. The pack was superb. It was heartening to see the reserves come into the game and fitting in seamlessly. .

Kearney had a great game. Great to see him on form.,

• Subscribers Posts: 41,076 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Special word for James lowe today.... No defensive brain farts, plenty of good reads... And is just a compete handful going forward.
    Always gets his hands free, always goes forward in contact, and his smile is infectious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Special word for James lowe today.... No defensive brain farts, plenty of good reads... And is just a compete handful going forward.
    Always gets his hands free, always goes forward in contact, and his smile is infectious.

Not just me then. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Not just me then. Phew.

Oh I was swooning lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Clanna Gael do do parking, or at least have done in the past. If you're going out by the tunnel it's the ideal spot to go I'd say. Can't help with regards to how quick it fills but I'd imagine an hour or so before you'd be fine

ended up just using free on street parking near Sandymount village in work by 6 30 perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sexton needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and Carbery needs a couple of starts at 10 before the semi finals. Sexton looks like he is held together with sticky tape at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Sexton needs to be wrapped in cotton wool and Carbery needs a couple of starts at 10 before the semi finals. Sexton looks like he is held together with sticky tape at the moment.

Id be confident we wont see him until the semi final

Anybody want to speculate whether we'll be on Sky or BT?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Epic what a team we are privileged that we have such a team in Leinster

Sexton’s next start will be the semi final Sky might get to keep Munster with BT looking to keep the only British team left they have choice so would guess we will be the Sunday April 22nd but who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭durthacht

He had a couple of poor kicks from hand, but yeah it's hard to imagine anyone else start the semi final.

Also McCarthy seems fine to me. He had a bad kick too but I see no need for JGP ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Don't believe everything you read on the boards.ie rugby forum. He's a class act and always has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Any idea when/if tickets will go in sale for the semi-final?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

amcalester wrote: »

Season ticket holder tickets go on sale next Thurs so probably week after on general sale.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Anybody want to speculate whether we'll be on Sky or BT?

I suspect both broadcasters are scouring the fine print in the broadcast contracts to see what happens when there are no English teams left in the tournament, as it’s the first (and last!) time all English teams have been eliminated at the quarter final stage in the current rights period.

Also don’t rule out a BT swap to get Newcastle v Gloucester if they still get first pick, as Sky would normally have first dibs on that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I think that's maybe something J10 wants to be out there... he can take the hits... got a good few tonight and wasn't any worse for them.

I reckon he's at the top of his game right now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

amcalester wrote: »
    OLSC wrote:
    Leinster Rugby Season Ticket Holders will have access to an exclusive Pre-Sale starting on Thursday 5th April and further details including the Pre-Sale link will be sent in the coming days. Tickets will be sold on a first come, first served basis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I’m crossing all my digits for a Sunday game otherwise I’ll miss it as I’m at a wedding, :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

.ak wrote: »
    I’m crossing all my digits for a Sunday game otherwise I’ll miss it as I’m at a wedding, :(

No excuse.

Unless it’s your own. In which case, still no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Sleep with the bride. Or the groom. Social media. Problem solved.

• Advertisement

Surely they can re-schedule... what's more important!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement