Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

cbyrd wrote: »
    Cotside ..... Feeling like I could strangle a registrar after she came in and said 'oh yeah, he's not doing great is he..? He's taken a turn for the worse....' And left.. I had visions of the last time I heard that was the day before my dad died.. about 5 minutes later the psychologist came in and asked how are you.. :O
    Thought I was going coffin shopping tbh, B!TCH

It'll take a while to get over the fright, he's taking so long he's bamboozled them. He should be out of icu by now but he's no further on than when he arrived..
    Healing vibes are needed now, lots and lots of healing vibes..

Fingers crossed cbyrd....little fighter will be out and about soon...lots of good vibes going your way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Firstly cbyrd, I hope you got your point across to the psychologist about that horrid, horrid comment the registrar made...it's the kind of thing you could take further...but probably don't want to in case it makes your stay even more difficult.... hopefully a quiet word is had in her ear though... Followed by a boot up the arse.

Nothing but healing and comforting thoughts coming from us all on boards.

In bed with the black dog.

Dog "woof woof you are fat"
    Me "feck off dog"
    Dog "woof why not have some more chocolate"
    Me "leave me alone"
    Dog "woof remember when you still had your mammy"
    Me "I hate you"
    Dog "let's think about the past"
    Dog "woof woof"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couch side watching I’m a celeb

cbryd the registrar was a big numpty and should apologise to you. Sending prayers and thoughts your way xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Watching Troy, I frickin love this film, yeah yeah I know it's not exactly like the Iliad but I don't care, the classics nerd is happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

cbyrd wrote: »
    Cotside ..... Feeling like I could strangle a registrar after she came in and said 'oh yeah, he's not doing great is he..? He's taken a turn for the worse....' And left.. I had visions of the last time I heard that was the day before my dad died.. about 5 minutes later the psychologist came in and asked how are you.. :O
    Thought I was going coffin shopping tbh, B!TCH

It'll take a while to get over the fright, he's taking so long he's bamboozled them. He should be out of icu by now but he's no further on than when he arrived..
    Healing vibes are needed now, lots and lots of healing vibes..

I want to straggle them for you cbyrd. Really hope they are aware of the distress they caused. Suppose they are so used to saying these kind of things they say it without even thinking.

Thoughts and best wishes going your way, he is a little fighter, and we are all routing for him.

Me, table side, Absolute 80s on in the background. not long in from work, and another 10 hrs before I have to do it all again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

For Cbyrd and the wee fighter.

Kitchen table, a can and a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Cbyrd. What a gob****e. Hoping for a swift recovery for your little man.

I'm in bed. I fell into bed with my clothes on and now I'm too lazy to take them off. I did manage to magic my bra down my sleeve with hardly any movement so that's something I guess.
    Husband fell asleep with the toddler so I'm starfished in the middle of our giant bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Waking up in a hotel room at 4am wondering what time do they serve breakfast and what am I going to do for the day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Four and a half hours left at work, been up since 07.00, match sticks and tape for my eyes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Pai, Thailand. Making a bee line for the heaven on earth that is Koh Lanta

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In bed freezing........... Hoping this cup of tea warms me..

Having a look online for any black Friday deals....it's all a bit shïte tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In bed, stuck my toe out under duvet & swiftly brought it back.

Choo Choo! I left that feckin dog behind me in bed and if he isn't gone when I get back there will be trouble :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On a bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

On a bus...

The feeling going home from a night shift when you're falling asleep as everyone else is going out to work, is one of the most satisfying there is!

The feeling going home from a night shift when you're falling asleep as everyone else is going out to work, is one of the most satisfying there is!

Was terrified I'd fall asleep on it and end up back out there! Just getting home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Just tying up a few loose ends in town, then home to pack an overnight bag then a train to drogheda to jump on the enterprise to Belfast where the pair of us will buy three games consoles, go on the lash and spend the night in Europe's most bombed hotel!
    The hotel is actually lovely despite its turbulent past, lovely people. It also happens to be within vomiting distance of one of my favourite bars in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Whoosh whoosh station. \o/

Happy out now, after a narky moment in work earlier. I'm lovely 99.9% of the time... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Sitting in star bucks having a chocolate frappucino after doing the groceries, trying to compose myself so I won't look like a sweaty breathless mess when I go to wait for the bus.

Sitting in star bucks having a chocolate frappucino after doing the groceries, trying to compose myself so I won't look like a sweaty breathless mess when I go to wait for the bus.

Men like women to look like a sweaty breathless mess...makes them think they've given her a good time :D

At work and the Russian girl who worked for me just visited me and brought buns as she said my reference got her the new postion she interviewed for....all's well so!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Poolside....

Freezing at a Luas stop in IFSC waiting for OH. We are going to see Sunset Boulevard in Bord Gais Energy Theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Cotside,
    Those vibes seem to be working. He's stable again. As for what happened him, it's something that's happened him a few times, unrelated to his heart/lung issue. It's related to the speed which they push his formula levels up, too quickly results in what I've now dubbed his sh!t attacks, his system stutters, his heart rate and oxygen sats will drop he becomes unresponsive and then a few minutes later he'll have a big dirty nappy or two and then he's grand again.
    I mentioned it to them but obviously not strong enough cos they pushed his volume up from 6mls per hour to 15 over two days, (it took 2.5 weeks to get from 20-30 a few weeks back in Mayo) so with sedation slowing his system down .. he has a big dirty nappy at 5am this morning and is improving all day since.. the dominoes in my head went click click click and now I know what happened. But the consultant is looking at me like, yeah right, leave the medical stuff to us. I know I'm right, so I've called the dietician in mayo to call the one here, voila, the levels are held for the weekend and he's still improving. Very slow very cautious touching every bit of wood I can see, we might have reached the start of the massive M50 roundabout turn... (his corner) I hope I'm not being premature but it's the first bit of good news in 2 weeks.
    My boardsie family, I'd be lost without your good wishes and thoughts and knowing that you care, it's huge. This has brought me to my knees and to a level of helplessness I've never felt before. So thank you. I owe you all a pint! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Cbyrd. Best news ever !!
    Roundabouts :)
    Hopefully you get some much needed quality sleep with peace of mind tonight x

Home , in out of the cold :)

Cheers cybrd

:)

That's great news Cbyrd - will have the wee one in my thoughts the weekend hoping for continued improvement and you're right, boards peeps do really pull together at times and it gladdens my heart.

Cbyrd I am so happy for you all :) x

Choo choo! I have a mocha and it's like having a hug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Great news, cbyrd, things are headed in the right direction :)
    I'm at the kitchen table eating pizza but not really enjoying it. OH away for the weekend and I don't like it when he is gone, hate being the only responsible adult :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement