Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

BumperD wrote: »
    Jim I really respect your opinions but I think you’re getting carried away

Jimjam you may well be right after today’s results

Edit: Re santini

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

BumperD wrote:
    Jimjam you may well be right after today’s results

Him and Bacardys to bring home the bacon hopefully. Put both up here and have backed accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Him and Bacardys to bring home the bacon hopefully. Put both up here and have backed accordingly.

I think you will be feasting on pork

Wasn't to be for Bacardys today but almost a beautiful antepost bet.

Such is racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Motivator wrote: »
    People might laugh but I think De Bromhead’s horse Three Stars is overpriced for the Grand Annual. He was contesting Grade 1s (albeit he wasn’t winning them) but he lost his way a bit and hasn’t won in a long time but I thought his run at the Dublin Racing Festival was brilliant. He was attacking his fences and looked very comfortable in the race. He made a mistake at the last which cost him the race and Rachel Blackmore came through to win on a well regarded horse of Willie’s.

He has winning form on soft/heavy ground and is in off a handy weight. A reproduction of his run at Leopardstown last month when he wore cheekpieces for the first time would see him go very close in the Grand Annual. He’s in off 141 and would probably need to run to about 145+ to win this but I’d say there’s a small bit more improvement in him. He’ll go close with a clear run I think.

I expected the money to arrive for him and it has in spades. Took some of the 40/1 that was on offer the other day and he’s as short as 14/1 now. I’m heading over in the morning and on to London for the rugby on Saturday so hopefully he can go well and pay for the weekend. Haven’t had a great week so it would be nice way to round it off.

Very tricky race to sieve through and there’s money for several horses but this looks significant. Henry de Bromhead knows his horses inside out and I’d imagine Three Stars was working well with Balko Des Flos at home. There wasn’t a schilling on this all well but as soon as Balko won today there was money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Related contingency each way double that's not priced as related anyone?

Black Ops in the Ballymore and Santini in the Albert Bartlett?

Had to beat the bad third bringing the place part home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Gordon and Willie will have 15 winners between them.

Yep. About right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Yep. About right.

That's some call. What odds would it have been to predict 15

sdoc13 wrote: »
    That's some call. What odds would it have been to predict 15

Ladbrokes offered 14/1 for Elliott, Mullins and Henderson to train 14 or more winners between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Motivator wrote: »
    Ladbrokes offered 14/1 for Elliott, Mullins and Henderson to train 14 or more winners between them.

That was some value.

Anyone avail of it

sdoc13 wrote: »
    That was some value.

Anyone avail of it

It was only there for maybe half a day max, chopped it to 8/1 then which remained until Tuesday morning as far as I know.

Santini couldn't do it but stuck the head down strongly to get us the each way win. Still love him.

Santini for 2019 RSA anyone? Ha

Santini couldn't do it but stuck the head down strongly to get us the each way win. Still love him.

Yeah, he'd be top of my list for it. Albert Bartlett was an odd race.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Not sure I'd be steaming into anything until Samcro news came out. Would imagine it is between JLT & RSA for him at the moment. JLT be more than likely but you never know, O'Leary & Elliot could want him going over longer trip ahead of a 2020 gold cup bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah, he'd be top of my list for it. Albert Bartlett was an odd race.

Was probably the only race I didn't really enjoy watching. Was a strange race to watch.

wardides wrote:
    Not sure I'd be steaming into anything until Samcro news came out. Would imagine it is between JLT & RSA for him at the moment. JLT be more than likely but you never know, O'Leary & Elliot could want him going over longer trip ahead of a 2020 gold cup bid.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Samcro ran in next years RSA.

If I had to guess, based on Elliots post race comments when he was at a pain to mention speed, I'd say say Arkle or Champion Hurdle is where we'll see him.

I'd wager that having ran Labaik in it last year as a novice, and having left Samcro in Irish Champion Hurdle right up to declaration stage, that Samcro could easily run in Punchestown Champion Hurdle. Faugheen is finished, BDV won't come over and on a line through Labaik, they'll be confident Samcro beats Melon. Could be winning of trainers championship which is clearly Elliots biggest goal.

If it works out this way, it will be very difficult for them to turn down a tilt at Champion hurdle next season. They could give him one crack and go chasing if not working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Problem you'll have with that is if a certain Samcro turns up in it.

dk6dk6 wrote:
    Problem you'll have with that is if a certain Samcro turns up in it.

He goes Arkle or Champion Hurdle imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

If I was to hazard a guess at this stage I would say that Samcro will go to the JLT with all roads leading to the 2020 Gold Cup. They will mind him and the RSA can leave its mark on a lot of novices, and gigginstown have no interest in Champion Hurdles, all about the Gold Cup and thats what they bought him for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

danganabu wrote: »
    If I was to hazard a guess at this stage I would say that Samcro will go to the JLT with all roads leading to the 2020 Gold Cup. They will mind him and the RSA can leave its mark on a lot of novices, and gigginstown have no interest in Champion Hurdles, all about the Gold Cup and thats what they bought him for.

Didn't Don Cossack go to the RSA as a novice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Took 25/1 Summerville Boy for the 2019 champion hurdle. Was worried he'd go chasing but Nick Luck said on the Final Furlong he stays over hurdles

How about that, placed my first AP bet for 2019 on 14/03/18. I think my first for Cheltenham 2018 was February 2018! And pretty sure it was NRNB

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I think i have next years Arkle winner.

BY THE ****ING BALLS lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

kfallon wrote: »
    Didn't Don Cossack go to the RSA as a novice?

Very true, however if you look at the lineup in that race it acyually supports the theory that the RSA is not an ideal race for a young horse and has left a mark on alot of runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Slattsy wrote: »
    I think i have next years Arkle winner.

BY THE ****ING BALLS lads.

Paloma Blue??

handsfree2 wrote: »
    Paloma Blue??

Spot on!

Did someone post on here that they had a good story about Gordon and Samcro they'd tell after Samcro won the Ballymore or did I imagine that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Slattsy wrote: »
    Spot on!

Unless Samcro goes that route!! :pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    Unless Samcro goes that route!! :pac:

He won't train on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Did someone post on here that they had a good story about Gordon and Samcro they'd tell after Samcro won the Ballymore or did I imagine that?

myself

A friend of a friend is a driver for gordon. Brings him to and from races , to stables, anywhere he needs to go basically

one evening after a few winners in clonmel or somewhere like that, they all stopped for a few pints.

After a good skinful , they all set off for home. On the way home gordon said to the driver to go down by the stables rather than upto the house.

Gordon gets out of the jeep, goes over to Samcros door and shouts ''YOU ARE A ****ING MACHINE!!!

Advertisement