Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Getabird almost 5/2 on the machine now.

Any fans out there I'd be holding off until the day to back him. Will certainly be 2/+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

kiers47 wrote: »
    Getabird almost 5/2 on the machine now.

Any fans out there I'd be holding off until the day to back him. Will certainly be 2/+

Was fairly over priced to begin with. Took him at 16s myself but the rush of money after his last run shows that it is a fairly ordinary renewal this year. Getabird will be a star but there's not much else in that race

piplip87 wrote: »
    Was fairly over priced to begin with. Took him at 16s myself

Good to know piplip.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Last 2 AP bets before next week

Champion Chase
    Ordinary World 50/1. A lot of money came for him before the leopardstown race where he was going well until he hit the last, definitely well enough to place. Faster ground will help. He was third in the arkle last year so I think he has a squeak at long odds.

Stayers Hurdle
    The world's end 20/1. In last year's Albert Bartlett he was traveling well into the race before falling at the second last when he was upsides. His form this year has all been on soft or heavy ground and I reckon there will be a big improvement in him on better. Hopefully enough to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Good to know piplip.

Piplip knew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Bad injury. Hopefully back next season

Lousy. I still owe you a pint for flagging him up last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Labaik won't run again, suffered a very bad injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Waiting Patiently skips Cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JagoMoon

I find this absolutely crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

JagoMoon wrote: »
    I find this absolutely crazy.

raging i didnt back UDS AT 11/4 last week

• Advertisement

A couple of plays in the last few days. Gone with Kuraka in the Fred Winter if he gets in. Barney Dwan in the Close Brothers very good run last year in the Pertemps. Duel at Dawn in the 4 miler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭robwen

Footpad & altior enhanced from 11/4 to 4/1 with PP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

The Ryanair going to cut up badly. Looking like 6 maybe even 5 runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

robwen wrote: »
    Footpad & altior enhanced from 11/4 to 4/1 with PP

You will get bigger if you wait until just before the Arkle - oh and the mighty Douvan going to boss it Sprinter Sacre style :P

danganabu wrote: »
    You will get bigger if you wait until just before the Arkle - oh and the mighty Douvan going to boss it Sprinter Sacre style :P

Would love to see it happen just can't see Douvan making it tbh. I hope i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Question, if I back the ryanair now, will I get 3 places in the e/w market? Even though there'll be less than 8 on the day and they'll only pay 2 places?

FatRat wrote: »
    Question, if I back the ryanair now, will I get 3 places in the e/w market? Even though there'll be less than 8 on the day and they'll only pay 2 places?

Yes you'll get the 3 places

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

William Hill have some interesting wacky specials on. A few that don't look too horrific.

Samcro and Altior to win, PM and Monalee top 3 - 5/1
    Apples Jade and Buveur to win by 3+ lengths - 6/1 (this is 2/1 on Sky)
    Kalashnikov, Saint Calvados & Native River all to place - 13/2

Urindanger wrote: »
    William Hill have some interesting wacky specials on. A few that don't look too horrific.

On the last one be careful as they have gone 2 places on the Arkle;)

Didn't think I'd ever back Cue Card again, but since the joke of pulling Waiting Patiently and Bet365 still 1/4 odds - here we are ...

Edit; Betvictor are 8/1 on Cue Card, 3 places NRNB.

Also Faugheen left in the stayers, do we think maybe... surely not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

JagoMoon wrote: »
    Would love to see it happen just can't see Douvan making it tbh. I hope i'm wrong.

I would like to think that he doesnt run unless he is near his best, and Douvan near his best is an odds on shot.

Altiors least impressive performance I thought was last years Arkle, Charbel was serving it up to him big time before falling and a Douvan at 90% beats than on the snaff.

I'm on NRNB at fancy prices and I really think its a refund or a win, cant see him turning up and not being good enough.

Urindanger wrote: »

First one also pays about 6/1 at current prices taking 1/5 of odds on the place.

Woops wrong forum

Are you sure about this actually? Because I just asked in Boyles and I was told I'll get 2 if there's less than 8 runners on the day.

Are you sure about this actually? Because I just asked in Boyles and I was told I'll get 2 if there's less than 8 runners on the day.

I'd be 95% sure. NRNB is not like your conventional on the day book. It is like a hybrid of antepost and final decs. That is the beauty of it.
    I'd be usually looking for races like this that will cut up badly and do some each way doubles and I've never had any issues getting paid in the past.
    Unless places have changed their policy.

Id be more inclined to think the staff haven't a clue and went with the safest answer to give you that would land them in with the least amount of grief!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

You'll still get 3 places if they say 3 places now before the final declarations

NRNB now is a bookies special so unless they say only 2 places as of now you'll get 3

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Be wary of enchantments/specials their the devils curse.
    I'd be pretty sure 9 times out of 10 they won't come in, in fact their more of a guide to stay away from a particular horse for me.

I've also just seen Coral have BD 50/1 for the CH when you open a new a/c

It's 3 places. The staff probably don't know. Just write down 3 places on the docket when you write out the bet. If they say anything and it's unlikely they will, explain to them 14 are still in the race so why would it be 2 places and it says 3 places on their website aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is Sub Lieutenant going in the Ryanair?

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is Sub Lieutenant going in the Ryanair?

He will now I'd say.

Advertisement