Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

fin40 wrote: »
    Backed getabird today at 7/4 after i heard of if the cap fits injury. Forgot to put price on slip, will I be paid out at sp now?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Looks a poor supreme. Getabird the likely winner but back in a big field and strong pace i fancy Claimantakinforgan to run well and place.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fin40

Dare I say it but has footpad beaten anything? He beat brelade, any second now (who has a habit of coming second) and an unfit petit mouchoir. I know he jumps great but there hasnt been that much evidence that he is a significantly superior chaser than he was a hurdler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Well it’s going to be very interesting if that Saint Cal takes him on for the lead with Petit close by and S Royale will be stalking all of them and could go well off a strong pace. Race of day 1 by far for me.

Dare I say it but has footpad beaten anything? He beat brelade, any second now (who has a habit of coming second) and an unfit petit mouchoir. I know he jumps great but there hasnt been that much evidence that he is a significantly superior chaser than he was a hurdler

death duty, not that i rate DD but suppose hes defo a graded animal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

akelly02 wrote: »
    death duty, not that i rate DD but suppose hes defo a graded animal

Not at that trip though.

I had a hefty bet on Footpad that day (not after timing I have that on recond on that daily thread somewhere haha) that I found it ridiculous DD was in that race and it made a decent price on Footpad.

I wouldn't rate the piece of form whatsoever personally.

He jumps for fun and travels, but he's had it relatively easy.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Not at that trip though.

I had a hefty bet on Footpad that day (not after timing I have that on recond on that daily thread somewhere haha) that I found it ridiculous DD was in that race and it made a decent price on Footpad.

Had him backed that day myself in an accum, never a moments worry , of course man utd let down my 8 leg accum at 2/9 haha typical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

danganabu wrote: »
    Its a false rating for me, himself and Tea for Two were both ridden to place and to pick up the pieces which was exactly how it played out when Might Bite ran all the opposition that tried to go with him into the ground.

Nothing to say something similar wont happen in the GC but he is not a 166 animal at all. That is at least 8/9 lbs too high, yes he is entitled to improve as a 8yo but to go from 151 to 166 after plateuing around the high 140s to the low 150s for pretty much a season seems fanciful.

Double Shuffle was not ridden to place, what race were you watching?????

id say from memory he was nearly in the top 3 all the way, never more than a few lengths off the speed.

Some of the analysis here baffles me
    I might have to watch it back, I was balls deep in the biter so it's possible my memory may be skewed ðŸ˜, was sure that Might Bite, Bristol De Mai, Thistlecrack and Fox Norton was the front pack.

danganabu wrote: »
    I might have to watch it back, I was balls deep in the biter so it's possible my memory may be skewed ðŸ˜, was sure that Might Bite, Bristol De Mai, Thistlecrack and Fox Norton was the front pack.

He was up there , if u were on might bight u hadn’t a moments worry until after the last

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

I think by race time there'' will be very little in the betting between Footpad and PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Slattsy wrote: »
    Not at that trip though.

Sad. Childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Have we decided how much Santini wins Albert Bartlett by?

Next Destination kicks too soon

Cracking Smart isn't good enough

Chef Des Obeaux doesn't get soft ground.

Santini wins. Choo choooo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Why are yous posting about the races in a tickets thread? Was wondering why this had so.many replies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Have we decided how much Santini wins Albert Bartlett by?

Next Destination kicks too soon

Cracking Smart isn't good enough

Chef Des Obeaux doesn't get soft ground.

Santini wins. Choo choooo

Jim I really respect your opinions but I think you’re getting carried away

BumperD wrote: »
    Jim I really respect your opinions but I think you’re getting carried away

Hopefully not, he has me convinced. Took some 7/1 with pp.

I'm with Jim.

Next Destination the danger though I wouldn't dismiss him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I've practically given up on ante post so not having a bet but Stay Humble makes his debut today. Supposed to be well thought of (unlike lots of people here I won't pretend I've "info" or "sources" close to the stable or connections. Some pointing experts gave him a good write up looking forward to this jumps season)

Fanny **** wrote: »
    I've practically given up on ante post so not having a bet but Stay Humble makes his debut today. Supposed to be well thought of (unlike lots of people here I won't pretend I've "info" or "sources" close to the stable or connections. Some pointing experts gave him a good write up looking forward to this jumps season)

I know the pointing expert you speak of, I think. A Tipp man?

What price for the Champion Bumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

i have to laugh at the Mullins’ diehards steaming into the “good thing” in the Supreme again. 7/4 is a shocking price for Getabird. Granted, It’s a weak enough Supreme (he’s probably done enough to be favourite but not at that price) and that would leave me to think that a mad result is possible.

For those who don’t know, Getabird has only run right handed once in his life and that was in a P2P and he ran out. Didn’t get round. He doesn’t strike me as the most genuine horse and that’s a big worry. First time going right handed in a hell of a long time, in a race like the Supreme with a big field and plenty of barging. 7/4? No thanks!

Also, Footpad won’t get up the hill. Petit Mouchoir beats him.

Motivator wrote: »
    i have to laugh at the Mullins’ diehards steaming into the “good thing” in the Supreme again. 7/4 is a shocking price for Getabird. Granted, It’s a weak enough Supreme (he’s probably done enough to be favourite but not at that price) and that would leave me to think that a mad result is possible.

For those who don’t know, Getabird has only run right handed once in his life and that was in a P2P and he ran out. Didn’t get round. He doesn’t strike me as the most genuine horse and that’s a big worry. First time going right handed in a hell of a long time, in a race like the Supreme with a big field and plenty of barging. 7/4? No thanks!

Ehhh cheltenham is left handed pal. Back to bed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Slattsy wrote:
    Next Destination the danger though I wouldn't dismiss him.

Only horse i fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Dear jaysys!

Ehhh cheltenham is left handed pal. Back to bed

I obviously mean left handed!

I obviously mean left handed!

Not really obvious with some of the stuff you come out with

Also footpad not getting up the hill is quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fin40

He is less than a 7/4 shot imho. There is no doubt he has the best piece of form and is the best horse in the race. Its a desperate Supreme and there is absolutely nothing to beat him. If you lay him you have barely anything running for you that could win

He is less than a 7/4 shot imho. There is no doubt he has the best piece of form and is the best horse in the race. Its a desperate Supreme and there is absolutely nothing to beat him. If you lay him you have barely anything running for you that could win

Same thing was said last year about Melon & I layed the hind legs off him. I’m sure plenty will remember me harping on about it.

Saying there’s absolutely nothing to beat him is a silly thing to say. It’s as poor a Supreme I’ve seen in a hell of a long time but Getabird is no superstar and I’ll take him on all day.

Same thing was said last year about Melon & I layed the hind legs off him. I’m sure plenty will remember me harping on about it.

Saying there’s absolutely nothing to beat him is a silly thing to say. It’s as poor a Supreme I’ve seen in a hell of a long time but Getabird is no superstar and I’ll take him on all day.

While I agree the price is terrible(5/4) in places, who are you taking him on with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Agree on Getabird. Crazy short. Hangs to his right and good ground has to be a question mark. There's plenty to beat him. There is depth to the race. At the moment I have it down to Claimantakinforgan and Paloma Blue.

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    While I agree the price is terrible(5/4) in places, who are you taking him on with?

Laying him for a good few quid! Just need one to beat him or what I suspect is he’ll beat himself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

As for Footpad not getting up the hill, watch him back in the Triumph Hurdle, he makes up a huge amount of ground in the last 3 furlongs. Petit Mouchoir has had more difficulty getting up the hill.

Advertisement