Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Motivator wrote: »
    I was thinking that alright, thank you. I’ll bite the bullet and back him now - can’t see them not applying them for the big day.

Spill the ****ing beans man!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Our Duke is a serious animal, very underrated. He’s just not a horse that captures people’s imaginations if that makes sense. Seeing him win that Irish National in the flesh was something else, he also won the best Novice Chase of the last god knows how long at Leopardstown last Christmas. He’s a brilliant horse.

The Irish national is an awful race. And our duke is far from a brilliant horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

Slattsy wrote: »
    Spill the ****ing beans man!

People might laugh but I think De Bromhead’s horse Three Stars is overpriced for the Grand Annual. He was contesting Grade 1s (albeit he wasn’t winning them) but he lost his way a bit and hasn’t won in a long time but I thought his run at the Dublin Racing Festival was brilliant. He was attacking his fences and looked very comfortable in the race. He made a mistake at the last which cost him the race and Rachel Blackmore came through to win on a well regarded horse of Willie’s.

He has winning form on soft/heavy ground and is in off a handy weight. A reproduction of his run at Leopardstown last month when he wore cheekpieces for the first time would see him go very close in the Grand Annual. He’s in off 141 and would probably need to run to about 145+ to win this but I’d say there’s a small bit more improvement in him. He’ll go close with a clear run I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    The Irish national is an awful race. And our duke is far from a brilliant horse.

Hes certainly a brilliant one. He won that Grand National on the snaff. Give the horse the credit it deserves.

dk6dk6 wrote: »

Would you come off it. Silly comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Hes certainly a brilliant one. He won that Grand National on the snaff. Give the horse the credit it deserves.

Beat bless the wings , come off it hes a decent horse but he hasnt won an grade1 in open company, and he won’t be winning one Friday either . Good horse not great horse

akelly02 wrote: »
    Beat bless the wings , come off it hes a decent horse but he hasnt won an grade1 in open company, and he won’t be winning one Friday either . Good horse not great horse

Gave BTW 15 lbs and won by a street hard held over just shy of 4 miles. It was the best Grand National performance ive ever seen.

People might laugh but I think De Bromhead’s horse Three Stars is overpriced for the Grand Annual. He was contesting Grade 1s (albeit he wasn’t winning them) but he lost his way a bit and hasn’t won in a long time but I thought his run at the Dublin Racing Festival was brilliant. He was attacking his fences and looked very comfortable in the race. He made a mistake at the last which cost him the race and Rachel Blackmore came through to win on a well regarded horse of Willie’s.

He has winning form on soft/heavy ground and is in off a handy weight. A reproduction of his run at Leopardstown last month when he wore cheekpieces for the first time would see him go very close in the Grand Annual. He’s in off 141 and would probably need to run to about 145+ to win this but I’d say there’s a small bit more improvement in him. He’ll go close with a clear run I think.

On phone so can't check form but was he placed at Cheltenham within the last year or two? (might be a different horse I'm thinking of)

On phone so can't check form but was he placed at Cheltenham within the last year or two? (might be a different horse I'm thinking of)

Ran in last years arkle iirc.

Ran in last years arkle iirc.

Pulled up in last years Arkle and was third at the track the previous November on soft ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

You say that like he has ran in about 15. He's tried grade 1 open company twice and had a legitimate excuse once with a bad scope so effectively once he has failed in grade 1 open company in the Irish gold cup. He tried to bring the 3rd last home with him that day and still managed to stay on to be 4th

I personally think he is a bit short in the betting myself but not sure the hate for him. He is a fabulous horse and there is certainly a big day in him again at some point.

kiers47 wrote: »
    You say that like he has ran in about 15. He's tried grade 1 open company twice and had a legitimate excuse once with a bad scope so effectively once he has failed in grade 1 open company in the Irish gold cup. He tried to bring the 3rd last home with him that day and still managed to stay on to be 4th

I personally think he is a bit short in the betting myself but not sure the hate for him. He is a fabulous horse and there is certainly a big day in him again at some point.

I don’t hate him! I just don’t think he’s a top class animal it’s that simple

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Track is currently Soft, Heavy in places

Douvan to Ryanair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Douvan to Ryanair...

Pathetic. Imagine training/owning Vautour and Douvan and running them in the Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

RP didn't cover themselves in glory there on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Ah well...Samcro go an do the business for the lads who have ya backed in Ballymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Mr321

No Jockey down for Yorkhill in the CH in Tuesday decs.
    Will he be at Cheltenham at all?

Glad to see the cheekpieces going on Faugheen

Monalee is now shorter for the JLT on the machine than the RSA.

Granted it's a close run thing. Pretty interesting though.

Monalee is now shorter for the JLT on the machine than the RSA.

Granted it's a close run thing. Pretty interesting though.

I've backed Al Boum Photo in the RSA with funds from cashed out Monalee bets. I'd be certain he goes JLT.

Have some bets at 7s with Monalee so happy to cash out some of those and split it.

• Advertisement

I've backed Al Boum Photo in the RSA with funds from cashed out Monalee bets. I'd be certain he goes JLT.

Have some bets at 7s with Monalee so happy to cash out some of those and split it.

I was hoping he didn't. Shattered Love was going to be one of my bets of the week at 12/1 or so but I don't think she will be good enough to beat him. 12/1 still seems big though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Balls deep in Monalee for the RSA, will be gutted if he goes JLT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Minella Rocco. 2nd last year and finished like an aeroplane he ate that hill. Shed loads of stamina he won the 4 miler 2 years ago iirc.

Ssssshhhhhhhhhh :D

Have backed him regardless of the ground. An excellent run last year. Think he goes one better this year. 25s is a mad price going on last years performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Monalee in RSA lads. Happy days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Disgusting from Willie

Altior now evens for the QM. Surely an over reaction if there ever was one.

If Willie can get Douvan to win this race after a year off the track with a pelvis injury it will be his greatest training performance of all.
    Fair play if you took a fancy price in the lead up but you'd want to be out of your mind to be backing him at 11/4.

He is making the market a bit for the others. He has to be taken on!

Altior now evens for the QM. Surely an over reaction if there ever was one.

If Willie can get Douvan to win this race after a year off the track with a pelvis injury it will be his greatest training performance of all.
    Fair play if you took a fancy price in the lead up but you'd want to be out of your mind to be backing him at 11/4.

He is making the market a bit for the others. He has to be taken on!

thanks for the vote of confidence!

I love douvan but when i heard the ryanair for him i immediately done an accum of

Footpad
    Apples Jade
    Samcro
    Altior

I certainly wouldnt have done it if i was certain douvan was going Queen Mother, as i hate betting with my head when i want Douvan to win!

thanks for the vote of confidence!

I love douvan but when i heard the ryanair for him i immediately done an accum of

Footpad
    Apples Jade
    Samcro
    Altior

I certainly wouldnt have done it if i was certain douvan was going Queen Mother, as i hate betting with my head when i want Douvan to win!

Id be as big a fan of Douvan as any. I was in Cheltenham last year for the QM and was genuinely gutted for the horse afterwards and was probably the strangest day on a racecourse ive ever experienced.
    But that's racing.

He is no 11/4 shot in this though. I wouldnt bet him at double that price. He has to be a drifter.
    I like Altior at the prices and if Min got any bigger i think he could become a bet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Douvan wouldn't be running if he wasn't right.

To win this after such a long time out would be crazy, especially against such a high class horse as Altior.

It makes the race though. This time last year all people could talk about was Douvan vs Altior next year. Hasn't come about the way we thought but I'm delighted we get to see it.

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    Douvan wouldn't be running if he wasn't right.

To win this after such a long time out would be crazy, especially against such a high class horse as Altior.

It makes the race though. This time last year all people could talk about was Douvan vs Altior next year. Hasn't come about the way we thought but I'm delighted we get to see it.

What would ye think of this lads, hypothetically of course:

Say footpad , apples jade and samcro win

Would it be worth putting 50 on douvan at 11/4 to guarantee profit, assuming either douvan or altior win??

ive €20 on the accum, pays 200

Advertisement