Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Antepost Tickets

Options
  • 19-11-2017 5:16pm

With the NH season beginning to heat up a bit I thought an Antepost thread might be a bit of fun (especially when looking back on it!!)

Ive only one so far; a small trixie with:

Faugheen 6-1 CH
    Douvan 3-1 Ch Chase
    Thistlecrack 5-1 Gold Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Faugheen 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Footpad (Arkle) 16-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Kesselring 50/1 ew (Supreme)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Death Duty - RSA 10s & Faugheen - CH 6s double @ 77/1

Nice chunk on Faugheen @ 5/2 yesterday

North Hill Harvey @ 16s ew Arkle

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Samcro - Ballymore, Cause of Causes - X Country

Got a few doubles and trebles with Might Bite in the King George

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Samcro at 5/1 now is shocking, thankfully alot of us are on at the tasty prices.

Next destination looks a neptune player and stormed up the hill in the bumper, needs 2m4 or more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

madmoose wrote: »
    Samcro at 5/1 now is shocking, thankfully alot of us are on at the tasty prices.

Next destination looks a neptune player and stormed up the hill in the bumper, needs 2m4 or more though.

5s could still be big come March.
    It'll win another race or two here and can see this going off 2s or less. Will be up there with Faugheen as one of the Irish bankers.

Death Duty a prime example, a lot of people will steam into it.

Raging I missed the bigger prices though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Slattsy wrote: »
    5s could still be big come March.
    It'll win another race or two here and can see this going off 2s or less.

It will go off odds on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

No point piling in now at 5/1 when he could get injured or go another race. Bigger prices yeah but not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Did some research last night and Faugheen & Samcro double is 16/1 with some bookies, certainly worth putting €10/€20 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

Did some research last night and Faugheen & Samcro double is 16/1 with some bookies, certainly worth putting €10/€20 on

It’s not worth it as Faugheen won’t be winning any Chanpion Hurdle. What wins it? I don’t know yet, but it won’t be Faugheen.

I nailed my colours to the mast with Melon last year. I said he wouldn’t win the Supreme. Did he run better than I thought he would? Yes, but he still didn’t win.

The shorter Faugheen goes, the more I will lay him for so I hope he continues to be bigged up by everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

bigged up?

Hes a champion hurdle winner and more importantly a machine who is in a very weak division.

All in.

Melon wins the Champion Hurdle.

Melon wins the Champion Hurdle.

with patrick on i suppose

akelly02 wrote: »
    bigged up?

Hes a champion hurdle winner and more importantly a machine who is in a very weak division.

All in.

Bigged up after Sunday yes. Nothing outstanding about Sunday bar the fact he didn’t fall. He beat Jezki,who looks gone at the game to be honest, and a couple of handicappers.

The 2m division looks probably it’s weakest in many years and the upcoming Champion Hurdle will be the weakest of the Championship races at the Festival for the second year in a row. I hope Elliott throws in a surprise such as Apples Jade because she’d probably beat all of them over 2m.

Very simple though, Faugheen won’t be winning a Champion Hurdle in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Faugheens time figure on Sunday was only 6 pound worse than his best ever run in the Irish champion. It most certainly was an impressive return and if he can build on thst he'll destroy the field in March imo.

Motivator wrote: »

Why not? What is your reasoning?

Bigged up after Sunday yes. Nothing outstanding about Sunday bar the fact he didn’t fall. He beat Jezki,who looks gone at the game to be honest, and a couple of handicappers.

The 2m division looks probably it’s weakest in many years and the upcoming Champion Hurdle will be the weakest of the Championship races at the Festival for the second year in a row. I hope Elliott throws in a surprise such as Apples Jade because she’d probably beat all of them over 2m.

What price will you lay me so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I nailed my colours to the mast with Melon last year. I said he wouldn’t win the Supreme. Did he run better than I thought he would? Yes, but he still didn’t win.

You did, you also said that Ruby wouldnt ride him and that he would be available at a double figure price. Lessons to be learnt but it appears you have learnt nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Couldn't agree more.

• Advertisement

It's very easy say who 'wont' win a race 4 months in advance maybe throw up an alternative and it might look a bit more credible, ye have both basically tipped a 4/9 shot in 4 months time :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have Defi Du Seuil winning the CH @ 8-1

Has been exceptionally impressive as a juvenile and as a 4 time course winner is a big danger, but Triumph winners have a terrible record in this and has a stoe to find with Buveur D'air and a stone and a half with a prime Faugheen.

I think people are actually forgetting how good Faugheen is/was. He is basically 9/4 to turn up.

danganabu wrote: »
    You did, you also said that Ruby wouldnt ride him and that he would be available at a double figure price. Lessons to be learnt but it appears you have learnt nothing!

Did Melon not hit double figures on the exchange on the Thursday beforehand? The reason being Ruby hadn't made up his mind on what he was riding and it wasn't as straightforward a choice as everyone thinks.

Anyway, the horse put up a better performance than I expected but still didn't win the race so I'm not sure where you're going with your "lessons to be learned" remark. I layed the horse and got the result right.

I think the ones who ploughed into Melon on the back of what Joe Soap down in their local Ladbrokes told them should be the ones learning lessons. I watched Melon in Leopardstown from the moment he stepped off his lorry to the minute he stepped back on it and nothing impressed me about him. I base all of my assumptions about horses based on what I see with my own two eyes, not on what other people say. I've watched racing long enough to know that a near 10yo, coming back from an injury severe enough to keep him off the track for nearly two years, can't win the premier 2m hurdle of the year.

As for what beats him, I've already said I don't know. I don't think we'll know until a few weeks beforehand when the market takes shape and we've a better idea of what will definitely run. I think someone (probably Elliott) will do a Nicky Henderson on it and re-route something into the race. I'm hoping it's Apples Jade but I don't think that will happen.

Would love to see this but I think he'll need another year. If he was to win a Champion Hurdle he would need to win all his races between now and March. That would put him at what, 10 or 11 races in a row unbeaten? With 4 or 5 of those wins at Grade 1 level. If that were to happen, that would make him (in theory) the best 2m hurdler we've ever seen as that has surely never been done before?

Defi Du Seuil is top class but I'm not sure he's a Champion Hurdler, he probably will be in 2019 but I think 2018 could come too soon. Would love to see him do it but tomorrow should tell us a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Its barmy to write off Faugheen after Sunday, never mind opposition or times, he visually looked very good.

Looks a weak renewal so not sure why you would be so keen to oppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I'm actually a little embarrassed about the amount of ante post bets I've done this year but I'll list a few.. Their all for small stakes too.. Nothing bigger than 5er ew mainly

North Hill Harvey (Arkle) 33's
    Slate House (Supreme) 33's
    Fagan (4 Miler) 50's
    Red Jack (Supreme) 25's
    River Wylde (Arkle) 25's

And a lot more that aren't coming to me right now

Bubble well nd truely burst, if he is the biggest dangfer to Faugheen, then I think Ii can start spending my money already!

Did Melon not hit double figures on the exchange on the Thursday beforehand? The reason being Ruby hadn't made up his mind on what he was riding and it wasn't as straightforward a choice as everyone thinks.

Anyway, the horse put up a better performance than I expected but still didn't win the race so I'm not sure where you're going with your "lessons to be learned" remark. I layed the horse and got the result right.

I think the ones who ploughed into Melon on the back of what Joe Soap down in their local Ladbrokes told them should be the ones learning lessons. I watched Melon in Leopardstown from the moment he stepped off his lorry to the minute he stepped back on it and nothing impressed me about him. I base all of my assumptions about horses based on what I see with my own two eyes, not on what other people say. I've watched racing long enough to know that a near 10yo, coming back from an injury severe enough to keep him off the track for nearly two years, can't win the premier 2m hurdle of the year.

As for what beats him, I've already said I don't know. I don't think we'll know until a few weeks beforehand when the market takes shape and we've a better idea of what will definitely run. I think someone (probably Elliott) will do a Nicky Henderson on it and re-route something into the race. I'm hoping it's Apples Jade but I don't think that will happen.

:D:D thats a lot of waffle for one post, well done!

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    :D:D thats a lot of waffle for one post, well done!

We’ll see about waffle in March when you’re crying over your twenty quid ante post bet on Faugheen.

Advertisement