Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pippa Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm a housewife with disposable income, I wouldn't buy overpriced blogger tat from China if my life depended on it.

My point was you can't use diary for work but you need some disposable income to actually afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

meeeeh wrote: »
    My point was you can't use diary for work but you need some disposable income to actually afford it.

She has come a long way from plugging stuff for heatons hasnt she ill get my planner from there for a couple of euro 😊

I suspect some sort of homeware collection next inspired by her new house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Jack and Jill have launched a candle for 19.99 with all proceeds going to charity and the chance to win a diamond ring:

https://www.jackandjill.ie/shine-bright-find-a-diamond-jack-jill-launches-a-very-special-christmas-candle/

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

I know who I'd rather give my money to...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Is Aldi always sold out of their candles or has the backlash to Pippas candle pricing caused a run on their candles?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

GingerLily wrote: »
    Is Aldi always sold out of their candles or has the backlash to Pippas candle pricing caused a run on their candles?? :D

They're over with the cleaning products or personal hygiene aisle so i think people arent finding them

Lead wrote: »
    They're over with the cleaning products or personal hygiene aisle so i think people arent finding them

I can find them - but they're usually sold out or only a few pomegranate ones left.

They tend to had plenty of the reed defusers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

They always have loads of the Pomegranate ones in my local Nutgrove store and a few of the Blackberry Bay.
    I couldn't smell the Pomegranate one but I can smell the Blackberry Bay, though it's not that strong.

I have never seen the Lime Basil Mandarin one and that might be because it's the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I don't think the planner is outrageously priced. I think it would make a lovely present. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places for something similar (nice design, hardback) but better value. Any suggestions? TIA

Kate Spade would be my recommendation for a fancy notebook/planner!

http://www.brownthomas.com/search/?q=kate spade stationery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

I don't think the planner is outrageously priced. I think it would make a lovely present. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places for something similar (nice design, hardback) but better value. Any suggestions? TIA

Moss cottage in Dundrum sell nice stationery https://moss.ie/collections/stationary

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Moss cottage in Dundrum sell nice stationery https://moss.ie/collections/stationary

I love (and want) everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

for the price you will definitely get a beautiful planner and some, loving the recommendations too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Paperchase do lovely planners and they're usually under 20 euro. I get mine from there every year. The only advantage to Pippa's is that they're undated but I don't think that warrants the price at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

10e off her planners today...still not worth it!

Rfrip wrote: »

No, still 10e too expensive. I would guess they're not selling as well as she'd hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I think she realises the price is too high and if she shifts stock today, she might not get them in again and then they will be "limited edition" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Any word on when the candles will be released?
    Its over a month now since she launched them isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Rfrip wrote: »

Exactly! Today only pay €40 for something that should cost an absolute MAX of €25.

She must be laughing all the way to the bank and I can't say I blame her.

The mark up on both her jeans and planners is extortionate.

I was in recently and tried on jeans and I thought my Penney’s jeans I had on were nicer. Didn’t think the quality was great.

• Advertisement

Bought the Aldi No.1 and No. 2 candle (Lime, Basilet & Madarin and Blackberry & Bay), I had been looking for ages!!

While in store I saw a sign saying they'll be selling large 3 wick versions of these on Sunday for 11.99, and room sprays, might be worth a look for all you candle enthusiasts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Yvie74

The cynic in me thinks the reason she has them undated is that they can have a steady sale throughout the year.. Rather than end of year sales. Like.. Who's going to buy a dated planner in April?!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Yvie74 wrote: »
    The cynic in me thinks the reason she has them undated is that they can have a steady sale throughout the year.. Rather than end of year sales. Like.. Who's going to buy a dated planner in April?!

I wouldn't call that being cynical, that's the whole point of undated planners!

Tbh I prefer them undated as it's not always New Years when I want to get into a planner but hate starting them if half the year is gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Saw the planners in Eason's today. 'Wrapped' with a paper seal halfway round so that you couldn't physically open them to see what they were like.

€45. Get ta feck!

Pippa put a Facebook post up about the candles in the last few days - the comments are almost unanimous - even her devote fans seem bewildered by the price.

Can you even smell them anywhere?

Between these and Sue's Aww de Parfuume at €50 being sold with no idea what they smell like, people have more money than sense clearly.

Lindy97 wrote: »
    Can you even smell them anywhere?

Between these and Sue's Aww de Parfuume at €50 being sold with no idea what they smell like, people have more money than sense clearly.

Celebrity perfumes never cost as much as premium perfumes - Britney, Beyonce etc. are all more affordable than Sue's, how does she justify that? Hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

You can smell them in the POCO pop up shop I think. On facebook, most people are saying how overpriced they are but on instagram a lot of people are commenting that they can't wait to get one. She really could release any old tat and people would buy it. Anyone know if they are at least soy wax, not parrafin? That would, in some small way, explain the higher price tag.

Nope, website just gives burn time and dimensions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

She was asked by someone on Instagram, response:
    pippacollectionHi @irishrosaleah our wax is paraffin, which is a recycled material. Our wicks are Italian & lead free

Someone posted to her that beeswax, soy better supports our local economy and that paraffin is cheap option and can contain toxins. Also that lead is banned so no Irish producers use it so not really a unique selling point. Handpoured is also usually a machine but can be called handpoured as someone operates it....she deleted of course

Advertisement