Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pippa Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

ams wrote: »

That's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭cailin.

I get the sense she is tapping into an elite market that is not accessible to other "regular" bloggers.

Hope that candle burns for 442 hours for that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Lead

I got the Aldi candle last night and it's a pure dupe of JM. Good shout people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Got the diffuser and candle from Aldi!! Gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Lead wrote: »
    I got the Aldi candle last night and it's a pure dupe of JM. Good shout people :)

Which one did you get?
    I got the Pomegranate one last week but it was very disappointing. You couldn't smell it at all.

Picked up the Blackberry Bay one today; will light it later and hopefully I'll be able to smell it!

They didn't have the Lime Basil Mandarin one.

• Advertisement

fussyonion wrote: »
    Which one did you get?
    I got the Pomegranate one last week but it was very disappointing. You couldn't smell it at all.

Picked up the Blackberry Bay one today; will light it later and hopefully I'll be able to smell it!

They didn't have the Lime Basil Mandarin one.

I got the pomegranate defuser and the lime and basil candle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I got the pomegranate defuser and the lime and basil candle

I figured the Lime Basil Mandarin one would probably be a sell-out if it was indeed a dupe for JM, so I'm not surprised it's not available in my local Aldi.

I'll check a few more stores when I'm out and about tomorrow.
    Let us know how you get in with the diffuser, Lead. Perhaps that might have more scent.

You're best off posting in this thread, though, I think: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057449529&page=199

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

I have the Pomegranate Noir diffuser in the hallway, its gorgeous. But I'm more impressed with the Blackberry & Bay candle, its divine & I can smell it all over the house. Must thank PoC & her candles, I would never have know about the Aldi dupes, very impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Pippa was wearing one of the Poco denim shirts, have to say it does look nice. Not sure of price or if it’s worth the price. I kinda thought the denim shirts were last year’s style, not that it’s stopped me wearing mine from new look!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Shirt is €50 and jacket is €85. Steeeeep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Oh I dono I thought they looked very generic and unremarkable. I have one from Penneys that I got two summers ago and it's the exact same down to the buttons even. Paying €50 for a shirt like that when eve Topshop do them cheaper is barmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I don't particularly like Pippa in that I find her quite sickening the way she goes on but I think her products are a true reflection of herself in that she brands herself as a more elegant, upmarket blogger. Compared to Suzanne Jackson who I would consider more "tacky" in her blogging style.

€85 for a denim jacket is justifiable if the jacket is good quality. I was in River Island the other day and was looking at waterfall "jackets" made of fabric you could put your finger through and they were €72. A good denim jacket is a wardrobe staple.

On a personal level I believe €45 for a candle or a planner is insane. I bought a gorgeous unique design diary/planner last year in TK Maxx for 8euro. What more do you need? Half the pages in her planners are plastered with airy fairy quotes anyways. But like I said before, I think Pippa intends marketing to consumers who are in that ICanAffordAFiftyQuidCandle bracket and I don't think she shys away from that in her day to day blogging.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

She'd sell sand to the Arabs! :) Talking about the buttons on the shirt today and how if you fasten them the sleeves can rise a fraction! Hate to break it to you Pips but I think that happens with most things! Next she'll tell us they 'gape' at the bust and how she 'just loves it'!

I'm terribly negative I know, but I genuinely like her simple style, I just think she's not as good a business woman as I once thought. Good business people are money hungry but they leave you feeling like you almost 'did them' as my father would say! That's not the case with Pippa, you know 'you've been done'!

I want to see her improving her public image now, maybe donating 50% of her sales over Black Friday to Pieta house. That would be a lovely kind gesture or do her very own 'make a wish'! Make us fall in love with you all over again!

I think she's doing a charity valentines ball in February if I remember correctly!

anna080 wrote: »
    I think she's doing a charity valentines ball in February if I remember correctly!

She is, you're right Anna. But that's also others giving towards it, let's see her give some of her earnings even from the candles...something about light and hope and keeping the flame burning. I'd buy one if I knew it was going towards Pieta House and I don't have a lot of disposable income.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

What is the obsession with bloggers and planners?
    Does the average person use a planner these days? Isn't that what phones are for?
    I find nothing quite as naff as a "cool" girly planner with a cringe motivational quote on the front.

Does the average person use a planner these days? Isn't that what phones are for?
    I find nothing quite as naff as a "cool" girly planner with a cringe motivational quote on the front.

Personally I don't have the patience for them. I always have my phone on me so anything that springs to mind I just document in the notes app or use the reminders alert in the calendar app. I've bought a few over the years, usually when I'm all "new year new me :pac:", but they end up being unused beyond the first page which has a list of unresolved resolutions like "quit being a jealous hater on boards".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Emmser wrote: »
    She is, you're right Anna. But that's also others giving towards it, let's see her give some of her earnings even from the candles...something about light and hope and keeping the flame burning. I'd buy one if I knew it was going towards Pieta House and I don't have a lot of disposable income.

And what else should she do? How far should she go. Donate enough that she can't pay the suppliers who have to pay their employees? Why is always so easy to dictate what others should do for charity.

As for candles and dairies, I think they are too expensive and considering the price fairly unoriginal, bland products. Not to mention motivational quotes in planner put it in the self help book nonsense and clearly something way daft to be luxury item. But then again maybe she is aiming at 'housewives of I don't know which county' market. I wouldn't advise those diaries to any woman that wants to be taken seriously at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Emmser wrote: »

Give a fiver to pieta house and buy yourself a candle in Aldi. You'll save 35 euro, have a candle and have donated to charity and Pippa still probably won't be eating beans from a can on the side of the road come Christmas day. Everyone wins.

meeeeh wrote: »
    And what else should she do? How far should she go. Donate enough that she can't pay the suppliers who have to pay their employees? Why is always so easy to dictate what others should do for charity.

As for candles and dairies, I think they are too expensive and considering the price fairly unoriginal, bland products. Not to mention motivational quotes in planner put it in the self help book nonsense and clearly something way daft to be luxury item. But then again maybe she is aiming at 'housewives of I don't know which county' market. I wouldn't advise those diaries to any woman that wants to be taken seriously at work.

I was assuming that she had a massive mark up on the candles as it was. Hence my suggestion. Everyone was complaining about the price so I thought, instead of her having to reduce the price to sell, she could donate to charity.

• Advertisement

Thank you thread for guiding me to the wonderful, affordable product that is......

The Aldi candle No1 :)

I looked like a mad yoke shifting No3 candle after No3 candle from one place to another. The labels were turned facing away from me but then, more than halfway through my search there it was, hidden in the back, the elusive No1!

I’m in smelly heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

This thread is making me want to go to Aldi and buy candles. But I don’t really like no3 and that’s all that was in my local the last time. Noticed a few more other candle brands mentioned on social media during the week. One even showed an Aldi candle ( think it was Sera from Style Guide Blog but I think it’s just coincidence, she’s far too nice to throw shade at anyone, she’s a sweetheart!)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I love No. 1 and No. 2. I usually buy 2 cos 1 definitely seems the hardest to get! Don't like 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

Tip is to go through them, they stock them up and you get them mixed up so you might find them under or to the back.
    I bought the reed diffuser for No1 yesterday, lovely smell off it

I can also recommend Izzy candles, amazing smell off them!
    Not #ad or #spon haha

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

I'm about to finish my PhD so I've used academic planners for years now, they're super handy for planning my work. Everyone else I work with uses them too to plan lab work etc. But generally we buy specific academic diaries. This year I bought a lovely silver planner from Stradivarius. It's undated so I could fill it in myself to use from Sept (like Pippa's). Only cost me €10 though!!!

Imagine bringing the Pippa diary into work though. I don't know about ye but I'd be laughed out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

anna080 wrote: »
    Imagine bringing the Pippa diary into work though. I don't know about ye but I'd be laughed out of it

I think so too Anna. It's so stereotypical to I'm 'doing sfa' let's pop little fancy bdays and afternoon tea inside. If I brought that to a meeting the room (male and female) would think eh? Keep it for the weekend this is a business here "live for the weekend" quotes or the likes wouldn't do. She's got others doing her business though from what I see, not someone If look up too now at all

She's buying on sit at home, FBG should get one. Just sick of them all

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

:D

:pac:

This is the same girl who encouraged her young impressionable fans to ask their parents to buy them a second copy of her first book (when the hardback was released a few months after the paperback) in order to get to read an excerpt from her second book so essentially profiting twice on the same product. Bear in mind, I'm using the words "her book" very loosely.
    She is money hungry and greedy. If herself and the boyfriend have managed to buy that fancy house or build it or whatever the case is, surely she can afford to cool it on the money grabbing for a short while.

I'm always skeptical about people who say/act like they're really rich but are extremely money hungry and consistently do shite like this, putting their name on any old piece of tat at any price point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

meeeeh wrote: »

I'm a housewife with disposable income, I wouldn't buy overpriced blogger tat from China if my life depended on it.

I liked Pippa until she started producing items to hawk and pricing them at high end prices.

More power to her if people are sheep enough to buy them but not for me.

Advertisement