Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Subforum / Pen & Paper RPG Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 The Soup King

sKeith wrote: »
    total cost = 47GP 4 SP 3CP
    Change = 2 GP 5 SP 7 CP

The character sheet PDF I got using the generator posted by Fourier gave me:
    CP: 1500
    SP: 80
    EP: 9
    GP: 56
    PP: 3

What number should I have been working from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

50 gold pieces to spend in the shop in town.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think Fourier said we'd have 50 GP to start things off.

We start with an empty inventory and unarmed and unprepared. We need to buy everything we need from those 50 GP.

Ah okay my bad.
    I also just realized I did the maths wrong anyway...off with the fairies today :p

• Advertisement

We start with an empty inventory and unarmed and unprepared. We need to buy everything we need from those 50 GP.
    I can't see any weapon holsters or the like in the item list. Does this mean i have to keep my darts,sling and dagger in my backpack?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Arrows come in a quiver. Think it's fair to assume your darts are in a bitchin' bandolier!

On javelins, I had hoped to do the same with a sling but it takes a whole round to switch out. In movement terms though that's forever. I don't know if you can throw one far enough and switch in the time to be ready

Banjo wrote: »
    Arrows come in a quiver. Think it's fair to assume your darts are in a bitchin' bandolier!

On javelins, I had hoped to do the same with a sling but it takes a whole round to switch out. In movement terms though that's forever. I don't know if you can throw one far enough and switch in the time to be ready

what do you mean by switch out.
    when an encounter happens, a range die is thrown, 2d6x10, is this not figured into our battles? if they start out far away, would they not have to close in to us to start battling? if it is, then we could throw a volley when they are out of close encounter range and when they get in closer we attack with long sword. if range has no effect, then yes, the javelins would be a waste of time.

if they start 100 feet away from us, we can back away at 60 feet per round without combat penalty, they could close in at 120 feet but would give up their attack in order to do so, if they want to attack, they could only close in at 60 feet per turn, so we can keep them out of close range by backing away and using ranged weapons unless they committed to catching us by giving up their attack, so we would then have ability to attck them then at close quarters first. maybe i am taking this up wrong but the combat example given in the rules does not give a ranged example, only a close quarters example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

indidnt see this
    can tiggers play
    ????

• Advertisement

if they start 100 feet away from us, we can back away at 60 feet per round without combat penalty, they could close in at 120 feet but would give up their attack in order to do so, if they want to attack, they could only close in at 60 feet per turn, so we can keep them out of close range by backing away and using ranged weapons unless they committed to catching us by giving up their attack, so we would then have ability to attck them then at close quarters first. maybe i am taking this up wrong but the combat example given in the rules does not give a ranged example, only a close quarters example.

You've done this before! Bagsy being on your team!

I may drop my rope so, buy a grappling hook to stick on the end of yours and throw a few javelins in my satchel.

Oh the thread is up. Necro is practising for his upcoming panto lol

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Oh the thread is up. Necro is practising for his upcoming panto lol

I was told to stay in character :P *hic*

This is the ooc thread - oh dear God no! He's gone full Day Lewis!

Do we get to make up god names and swear words or is there an accepted pantheon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I say go with what you like. You could google random Labrynth gods tho?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is the ooc thread - oh dear God no! He's gone full Day Lewis!

Do we get to make up god names and swear words or is there an accepted pantheon?

Haha I googled dwarf deities in D&D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

blah

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I say go with what you like. You could google random Labrynth gods tho?

Suja's tits! That sounds like a lot of work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Perfect :D

Tigger wrote: »
    blah

I think this game is full up but pending the success of this one I believe the plan is to run multiple games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Can people see if they can sign up to Rollz.org, just use your boards name and then join the chat room:
    Boards.ie D&D

Whenever I ask for a roll just write a quick description first, so I know what situation it related to, thanks.

Fourier wrote: »
    Can people see if they can sign up to Rollz.org, just use your boards name and then join the chat room:
    Boards.ie D&D

Whenever I ask for a roll just write a quick description first, so I know what situation it related to, thanks.
    website temporarily unavailable. will try again soon

This is the address, just in case, I put two lls above!

https://rolz.org/

Signed up. Do I search for Boards D&D?

In the "Join a dice room" section put your nickname and "Boards.ie D&D" for the room name. Cheers.

Ok... done. I think

"come to the Forum Games board, play some D&D, no pressure, 3 posts a week...."

Me hole! It's 3 pages already!

I'll do my best to keep up but i had stuff on this evening and my "complicated" backstory and character sheet are at work (rookie mistake, I know). Sorry!

"come to the Forum Games board, play some D&D, no pressure, 3 posts a week...."

Me hole! It's 3 pages already!

I'll do my best to keep up but i had stuff on this evening and my "complicated" backstory and character sheet are at work (rookie mistake, I know). Sorry!

lol. not even 1 page yet. change to 40 posts per page. its only 23 posts so far and DM is 7 of them posts. don't let it overwhelm u. everybody else is 3 or under except necro, but we knew about necro b4 starting, right! /lol

Banjo I genuinely wouldn't worry, any time you're absent or have a busy day you're character can just be quite etc

• Advertisement

By the way there are styles to this. Some prefer less posts which are longer, others prefer quick short posts in plenty. Think of it as reflecting how chatty the characters are.

Advertisement