Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

https://mobile.twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/944312807373266945/video/1

The DOC incident. Pulling an opponent's hair, feigning injury to get him carded, pretty silly but nothing major, but he may find himself in trouble for the incident towards the end of the above clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The DOC incident. Pulling an opponent's hair, feigning injury to get him carded, pretty silly but nothing major, but he may find himself in trouble for the incident towards the end of the above clip.

Not so sure about the feigning injury thing as it looks more like from that clip that after he gets the slap he gets pushed down to the ground by the other player after that. But definitely stupid grabbing the hair, did it a couple of times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah that was supposedly what started it, could well miss some time for that

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Not so sure about the feigning injury thing as it looks more like from that clip that after he gets the slap he gets pushed down to the ground by the other player after that. But definitely stupid grabbing the hair, did it a couple of times too.

That's the way I saw it. The push was what made him lie down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

London Scottish and Bedford drew 52-52 in the championship today. 15 tries.
    Highest scoring pro draw anyway obv there's been few games with higher total score overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭jacothelad

errlloyd wrote: »
    Haha, someone was moaning about the ref in the Bristol game on Jonny Hammonds tweet. Madigan tweeted defending them, and the lad asked him if he was in the ground or watching on TV.

When you ask the man of match.....
    The refereeing was truly appalling including the TMO. Just about the worst I've ever seen for sheer incompetence.
    Madigan was really good but the opposition were erratic and the ref donated 3 or 4 tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

DOC should be cited for the hair pulling alone. That's a red-card offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭b.gud

DOC should be cited for the hair pulling alone. That's a red-card offence.

Didn't Folau do a much worse hair pull in one of the rugby championship games this season, against SA?, and get away without a citing? I'm not saying it shouldn't be a citable offence, just not sure that it is

Pulling someone's hair is a red card offense, but yeah it has been ignored in the past. But the contact with the eye area might well be the one he gets done for anyway, pretty blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Leicester v Saracens about to KO on BT Sport 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Leicester v Saracens about to KO on BT Sport 1

Dan cole hasnt given away a penalty yet. 10-0 to sarries

Jonny May binned for deliberate knock on. Pen try given.

Sarries have butchered a few decent overlaps

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

End to end stuff there for two minutes.

If this is still close with 10 minutes to go, I can see Saracens starting to panic they're so desperate for a win.

Geordan Murphy when his team is losing to Munster - " The ref is screwing is"
    When his team is losing to Saracens - "Ah look, Saracens are a quality outfit" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Red card for two knock ons. What a way to go!

Red card for two knock ons. What a way to go!
    Dont think I've seen two yellows for the exact same offense before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Second yellow card makes a red card for Johnny May for another deliberate knock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

This Leicester side isn't exactly overflowing with brains...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This week's brainless prop award goes to...

Silly man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Please tell me that Pau had a penalty anyway, and he didn't just give away a penalty and lose them the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,616 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Please tell me that Pau had a penalty anyway, and he didn't just give away a penalty and lose them the game.

Looks like it was just a collapsed scrum and a reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Looks like it was just a collapsed scrum and a reset.

It was a Clermont put in too. Silly silly boy.

Peter Stringer has been released by Worchester Warriors as he was not offered an extension to his short term contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Peter Stringer has been released by Worchester Warriors as he was not offered an extension to his short term contract.

And, in their presser, they said he has returned to Ireland...a bit superfluous unless there is something in the works.....

Worcester had a new coach arrive this week, so I assume he just thought he was surplus to requirements. I'd imagine it'll be either retirement or AIL next.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Is there no professional team in need of an emergency scrum half, he needs to keep the dream alive. Southern Kings? Some injury ravaged pro d2 team?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Alan Gaffney in charge at Northampton on interim basis

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fofana out for 3 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Fofana out for 3 months.

It's quite incredible how many injuries Clermont have suffered this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement