Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Looks like Daly will miss at least the first half of the Six Nations. Bit of a blow for England, they lose a Lions Test winger and their long range goalkicker. Rokodugini's loss a bigger blow now too.

Bit of an injury list building up for England these days.

Elliott Daly
    Samesa Rokoduguni
    Nathan Hughes
    Ben Te'o
    Maro Itoje
    Ellis Genge
    Sam Underhill

That's three Test Lions and 4 guys who would be there or thereabouts for the matchday 23. Itoje and Underhill might be back just before it starts but neither will be match fit. There's still a month or so to go too, Jones can't afford too many more injuries, especially with Farrell playing like a drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Guy Noves to be sacked after Christmas apparently.

Strange time to be searching for a new head coach with the 6N and World Cup just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Clegg wrote: »
    Guy Noves to be sacked after Christmas apparently.

Strange time to be searching for a new head coach with the 6N and World Cup just around the corner.
    Its 2 years from a world cup so good timing for that but strange timing for the 6 nations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That sort of stuff has been happening for 60 odd years.

• Advertisement

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That sort of stuff has been happening for 60 odd years.

Ah I recognise that it's happened before of course, but all the same at 21 it's a bit of a blow

Feel sorry for Guy Noves. I think he would have been a very successful French coach maybe a decade ago but he's gotten nothing out of this French squad.

I wonder will France consider a foreign head coach this time. I'd imagine they've someone lined up if they are letting Noves go so close to the six nations.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Brunel is mooted to take over. Hardly an inspiring choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ah I recognise that it's happened before of course, but all the same at 21 it's a bit of a blow

I've the same thing with my little finger. Got the option of fix or remove last time. I'm currently giving it one last chance to behave itself or its coming off.:)

Brunel is mooted to take over. Hardly an inspiring choice.

If this transpires his first game in charge will be against us. Never a great time to meet a team, will be hard to prep and you would expect them to be fired up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

If this transpires his first game in charge will be against us. Never a great time to meet a team, will be hard to prep and you would expect them to be fired up.
    This is actually the worst possible situation for us. France without a coach is usually better than France with a coach. A new coach is pretty much the same thing as no coach. ;)

Might be worth having a little punt on France for this 6n...they normally perform very well the year after a Lions tour

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Three Wasps players sustained injuries in the game against La Rochelle.

Jimmy Gopperth, Elliot Daly and Nathan Hughes will be out of action for at least 10 weeks each. That's Wasps season derailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clegg wrote: »
    Three Wasps players sustained injuries in the game against La Rochelle.

Jimmy Gopperth, Elliot Daly and Nathan Hughes will be out of action for at least 10 weeks each. That's Wasps season derailed.

Obviously a pity about the injuries but that's them severely weakened for the Ulster game. No excuses now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

I don't think I could have picked 3 more important players for them to lose. Haskell would be the only other one that I would put in the same bracket as those 3.

Ulster really have an excellent chance at progressing now. They have a legitimate chance of taking 8 points from their remaining games (hard to know what La Rochelle team will turn up in Belfast).

Buer wrote: »
    I don't think I could have picked 3 more important players for them to lose. Haskell would be the only other one that I would put in the same bracket as those 3.

Ulster really have an excellent chance at progressing now. They have a legitimate chance of taking 8 points from their remaining games (hard to know what La Rochelle team will turn up in Belfast).

Launchbury?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Launchbury?

Yes, him too.

NOBODY ELSE LOOK AT THE WASPS SQUAD!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Buer wrote: »
    Yes, him too.

NOBODY ELSE LOOK AT THE WASPS SQUAD!

Robson and Simpson are good 9s.

Wille LeRoux

Marty Moore of course is irreplaceable; )

Jesus lads. Buer comes on here trying to be positive and give Awec something to smile about (or at least be less grumpy) and you have to crap all over it. Wait...... crap all over .... that would probably make Awec smile even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,876 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Unreal performance from Madigan for Bristol tonight trouncing the Pirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,617 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Dan Carter posted a video of Racings new stadium on his Instagram story, it looks mad seeing a match being played indoors.

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    it looks mad seeing a match being played indoors.

You've never seen a game played in the Millenium Stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,617 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    You've never seen a game played in the Millenium Stadium?

U Arena looks completely different to Millennium though, looks more like a concert arena than a rugby stadium with a roof

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭determinations

The lighting is really funky, nothing like the Millennium.

I didn't realise there was no stand behind the posts. Just looks so odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Would that screen not get destroyed by penalties and the like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Haha, someone was moaning about the ref in the Bristol game on Jonny Hammonds tweet. Madigan tweeted defending them, and the lad asked him if he was in the ground or watching on TV.

When you ask the man of match.....

Saracens yet to play this weekend but BP win for Exeter there puts them 13 points clear at the top of the league, they're miles ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Bt commentator just said something about a difficult time in the MacGinty household. Anybody know what he means?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Saracens yet to play this weekend but BP win for Exeter there puts them 13 points clear at the top of the league, they're miles ahead.

You'd expect them to win away to Tigers, who are absolute rubbish these days, but Saracens' form is also currently circling a drain, so who knows.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement