Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Tadhg Furligind has no equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Tadhg Furlong is the best player in the world.

And he easily has the best fashion sense.

12357603_188403711507711_1569482820_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTE0NjMyMjI4NjIyODIyMTUzNQ%3D%3D.2

A rugby player "farmer of the year" comp would actually be quite cool reality TV IMHO.

Across all rugby playing nations there must be a reasonable number of farmers. The Barrett family are farmers.

You could have shearing, milking cows, docking, herding with the dogs, racing a 3-wheel motorbike...

I'd watch it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

The NZ Rugby end of the year awards are obviously above international standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭scott1974

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

scott1974 wrote: »

Just reading down through it, not sure it's going to impact us at all really, will still have to subscribe to both in order to watch all the games (for as long as they split the games between the providers).

If you're BT customer in the UK you can subscribe to Sky now pretty much. You've always been able to subscribe to BT via Sky anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

It it not just on BT Sport going forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

DGRulz wrote: »
    It it not just on BT Sport going forward?

Yeah it's all BT from next year anyways so this makes very little difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

scott1974 wrote: »
    UK customers only, doesn't affect Rep. of Ireland.

Assume this is to do with the partnership between Eir and BT Sports over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Buer wrote: »
    Faletau confirmed out until March at least. That's him, Warburton, Jon Davies and Jake Ball all out. If Ross Moriarty doesn't make it back soon, they could be in real difficulty in the back row for the 6N.

I'm not sure what sort of back row they'd put out. Tipuric, Lydiate and Navidi potentially and Tupuric hasn't played in 2 months at this stage.

Dan Baker picking up a season long injury back in October was a blow, he was in cracking form.
    James King injured now also, so Navidi/Tipuric/Lydiate looks likely for 6 nations.

Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince;
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest (at season's end)

Adieu, Freddy. You bought us rugby fans great entertainment...your epitaph will never read "here lies a boring man".

Hope he has a go at commentary!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

swiwi_ wrote: »

Adieu, Freddy. You bought us rugby fans great entertainment...your epitaph will never read "here lies a boring man".

I'll be in Lyon during the weekend of their CC game with Cardiff. I think I'll try see him in skin one more time. I love and hate Freddie Michalak.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just reading about how Darren Cave has been completely ostracised because Kiss hates him and won't even let him train with the A team. Is this common knowledge?

Just reading about how Darren Cave has been completely ostracised because Kiss hates him and won't even let him train with the A team. Is this common knowledge?

Had heard various internet rumours as such alright but had no idea if it was true or not.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Just saw it being discussed in the Ulster thread. At least I think I did, I couldn't understand any of their accents.

Just saw it being discussed in the Ulster thread. At least I think I did, I couldn't understand any of their accents.

Aye, you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

More noises from players in England about being played too much. Tom Youngs this time basically saying they needed the week after the AIs off. The player welfare thing here gets a lot of stick, from at home and abroad, but the truth of the matter is that it's something that really does work in our favour.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/894021/Champions-Cup-English-teams-off-their-game-Tom-Youngs-news

• Subscribers Posts: 41,236 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Clermont looking to bring in George moala.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

molloyjh wrote: »
    More noises from players in England about being played too much. Tom Youngs this time basically saying they needed the week after the AIs off. The player welfare thing here gets a lot of stick, from at home and abroad, but the truth of the matter is that it's something that really does work in our favour.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/894021/Champions-Cup-English-teams-off-their-game-Tom-Youngs-news

I think I heard fast Eddie saying that Ben Youngs has played every game for Leicester so far.

While player welfare is the obvious topic of discussion the lack of player resting and rotation cant be doing player and squad development any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

molloyjh wrote: »

I was listening to last weeks podcast of The Ruck and they were talking about this very subject. A member of the RFU says England needs to play a 4th test in November in preparation for the World Cup, completely disregarding player welfare. Most of the English based players have been flogged since returning from the Lions tour. They started playing for their clubs in September whilst their Irish counterparts didn't come back until October. They're playing so many matches for their clubs and England and they're not getting any proper rest.

They also talked about injury Taulupe Falatau sustained against Toulon. He has been flogged by Bath all season, starting 11 games for them. Was only a matter of time before he picked up some kind of injury.

Billy Vunipola has been pretty vocal on this subject as well, he's had a lot of injuries recently and I think he attributes it somewhat to being flogged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

swiwi_ wrote: »

I hope your NZ citizenship is revoked! How dare you post that ****ing video :mad:

Michilak was the quintessential French player in my opinion. Brilliant and crap. He could be an unstoppable match winner or leave his fans saying WTF was he thinking. Then there were the times he just seemed bored and didn't want to be there. So French.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

GLoucester coach Johan Ackermann and his son Ruan who also plays for Gloucester are the subject of a police investigation. It's concerning a row in a nightclub that left a man with facial wounds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Who goes to a nightclub with their dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Podge_irl wrote: »

I did on my stag if that counts.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »

I've gone to a nightclub with my coach, was it after a match?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Sephiral

Re: player welfare. There simply has to be an upper limit on the amount of time professional rugby players are allowed on the pitch. Within a decade or two, it will become a completely untenable career because of the long term damage it is doing to player's bodies. Some type of harmonised global calendar will need to happen to allow this.

re: Freddy. My favourite memory is him coming off the bench in a close game, BOD lining him up on the 22 off set piece ball, skinning him and winning the game with a try. Can't remember for the life of me the game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are Northampton after Gattie?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Scythica

Bristol after John Afoa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Scythica wrote: »
    Bristol after John Afoa

The were after Carey from Connacht until he re-signed. A couple of years in him yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Scythica wrote: »
    Bristol after John Afoa

If they want to pay someone the big bucks who won't perform and will cry off with home sickness regularly I will do it for 100K less than Afoa.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement