Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Humm still showing up as dollers anyone able to test this and confirm still works

Free trial of Touchvpn. Change location to Turkey. Sign up. Turn off vpn. Bish bash bosh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,694 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It still works, all you are doing is pretending to be in another country where Netflix is cheaper, hola works 100%
    Maybe clear your history and cookies and try again

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It still works, all you are doing is pretending to be in another country where Netflix is cheaper, hola works 100%
    Maybe clear your history and cookies and try again

I know I done this via Mexico before but doesn’t seem to be working for me on my iPhone I’ll try a different device

I know I done this via Mexico before but doesn’t seem to be working for me on my iPhone I’ll try a different device

Have you got location setting on with the iPhone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Do it in incognito mode in Chrome.

Humm still showing up as dollers anyone able to test this and confirm still works

Had the same issue as you with expressvpn so used Hola instead prices are now showing as Turkish lira.

Perhaps Netflix have realised people are using this method so the major VPN providers don't work while hola works because it uses people's own devices for its network?

• Advertisement

RHJ wrote: »
    Had the same issue as you with expressvpn so used Hola instead prices are now showing as Turkish lira.

Perhaps Netflix have realised people are using this method so the major VPN providers don't work while hola works because it uses people's own devices for its network?

Netflix know exactly what’s going on
    They are constantly working to stop VPN’s
    Not many work for us content for example and when they do it’s only a matter of time before they are shut down
    Ive only found one that works without getting shutdown

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Turkish Lira is slowing starting to recover it seems, today on Revolut 39.99 equates to €6.23 still great value thou.

Stock up on Revolut card while the rate is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

meathman0 wrote: »
    Stock up on Revolut card while the rate is good.

Ive never had more than 1 currency(euro)on my account. If I transfer some of my balance to Turkish Lira, will the Lira be used by default for the Netflix payments?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

adox wrote: »
    Ive never had more than 1 currency(euro)on my account. If I transfer some of my balance to Turkish Lira, will the Lira be used by default for the Netflix payments?

yes exactly. It's a clever system they use actually.

so if you have dollars there and you buy something on the US site, it takes from the US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

flexcon wrote: »
    yes exactly. It's a clever system they use actually.

so if you have dollars there and you buy something on the US site, it takes from the US account.

Great, thanks for that. Just bought 400 Lira to keep me covered for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Another happy turkish customer here, a free month and around 6.20 a month thereafter

god bless this forum and thanks for all the advice :D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mailburner wrote: »
    Another happy turkish customer here, a free month and around 6.20 a month thereafter

god bless this forum and thanks for all the advice :D

Dont bank on €6.20 a month going forward, its been rising month on month over last few months, buying up turkish lira on revolut seems to be the way to go alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Just a quick point, when Netflix launches on sky q next month, it suggest that you will to merge your netflix account with your sky box sets account and this will cost €16 a month and will be on the sky bill, I presume this turkisk workaround is then out the window for anyone that wants to avail of that?

Just a quick point, when Netflix launches on sky q next month, it suggest that you will to merge your netflix account with your sky box sets account and this will cost €16 a month and will be on the sky bill, I presume this turkisk workaround is then out the window for anyone that wants to avail of that?

Id imagine so as Sky will be billing you for both, has it been confirmed what package they will be giving you for the extra €8 per month?

Yes it will be
    So glad I gave up sky

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dont bank on €6.20 a month going forward, its been rising month on month over last few months, buying up turkish lira on revolut seems to be the way to go alright.

singed up with revolut also last night so have stocked up there also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

Im currently signed up through Mexico - if i change again will i lose where i am in series and stuff i have marked on my list?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I've been trying a variety of VPNs and can't get Turkey to play ball. Argentina was not a issue, but Turkey is extremely problematic.
    I previously had Mexico, and tried ExptressVPN, Hola, NordVpn and Tunnel Bear to name but four.

I find Speedify excellent and I’ve set a few people up on Netflix Turkey using that VPN

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Im currently signed up through Mexico - if i change again will i lose where i am in series and stuff i have marked on my list?

Not if you leave your cancel you Mexico account and wait till it expires, then resign up with Turkey one, you just won’t get the free month is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I've been trying a variety of VPNs and can't get Turkey to play ball. Argentina was not a issue, but Turkey is extremely problematic.
    I previously had Mexico, and tried ExptressVPN, Hola, NordVpn and Tunnel Bear to name but four.
    Torguard, PIA and Windscribe work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

sorry to derail the thread a bit but I signed up with getflix (lifetime vpn offer) after seeing it on here. i've used the mexico netflix to restart my account at the cheaper price. most of the time it works fine but on occasion i get the "this site can't be reached" error and when I do a diagnostics it says my connection is fine and the problem is with netflix. i can get into nearly all other websites fine but ones like amazon and sky also come up with the same error. i'm pretty sure its to do with the vpn but not sure what is happening exactly! it seems to rectify itself after a while but i'm wondering does anyone know what is going on with it?!
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

I find Speedify excellent and I’ve set a few people up on Netflix Turkey using that VPN

Perfect just tried this free VPN and works a charm! Now I just have to wait until end of month to join back up at cheaper rate.. crazy that using my paid VPN nord won’t work

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

I hope that I am not the only person who loves the sound of this idea hasn't a clue about what to do.
    What is revolit, hola, vpn???
    Can someone outline what to do step by step in the simplest of terms for me please? I currently pay 8.99 a month for Netflix.
    Sorry now but I'm not great with IT, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can you only buy Turkish Lira on Revolut via bank transfer?

Brian017 wrote: »
    Can you only buy Turkish Lira on Revolut via bank transfer?

Top up Revolut and then exchange the currency to whatever you want when the rate suits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Top up Revolut and then exchange the currency to whatever you want when the rate suits

And I'm guessing that balance remains untouched until a site requests a payment in Lira?

Brian017 wrote: »
    And I'm guessing that balance remains untouched until a site requests a payment in Lira?

Yes that’s right

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

So I successfully used Speedify to login to Netflix using turkey VPN
    but when I go to pay using Revoult card details I get this message;
    "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."
    tried again with new virtual card same story
    No idea what I'm doing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cyborg wrote: »
    So I successfully used Speedify to login to Netflix using turkey VPN
    but when I go to pay using Revoult card details I get this message;
    "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later."
    tried again with new virtual card same story
    No idea what I'm doing wrong?

I did it only last night. Worked for me using a revolut card.

Advertisement