Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Skuxx wrote: »
    Are you using Revoult? The last 2 months for me were €3.99 and €4.15

You obviously don't have the full 4 screen ultra HD package

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I kept away from using revolut as people seemed to have issues so kept to visa. I know it costs a bit more but I didn't want recurring issues.
    Mine is 4 screen plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TheDriver wrote: »
    I kept away from using revolut as people seemed to have issues so kept to visa. I know it costs a bit more but I didn't want recurring issues.
    Mine is 4 screen plan

Revolut is perfect for this, I use it most days with several currencies on the account

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I've no issues with Revolut. Topped up with Turkish Lira about a month ago when the exchange rate started climbing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

ya €6.46 for me here using Turkey & Revolut. Not overly fussed a euro here nor there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Anyone with a space I would be interested
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

No look. I'll give it a day and try again tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Did you ever get this sorted. Having similar problems myself. Tried the physical and virtual revolut card. The virtual one has no security options?

Did you ever get this sorted. Having similar problems myself. Tried the physical and virtual revolut card. The virtual one has no security options?

The physical card and virtual card are the same and they do have security options, select cards on the phone and then select security at the bottom of the screen and there are your security options
    If you still can’t complete the order then talk to Revolut via the online chat

I’m not sure what people are doing wrong here it’s a simple process

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The physical card and virtual card are the same and they do have security options, select cards on the phone and then select security at the bottom of the screen and there are your security options
    If you still can’t complete the order then talk to Revolut via the online chat

I’m not sure what people are doing wrong here it’s a simple process

When I select the physical card there are 5 options.

Freeze Card
    View pin
    Unblock pin/cvv
    Security
    Limit

When I select the virtual card there are only 3 options

Freeze Card
    Unblock cvv
    Limit

Is there another security option I'm missing. When I select the one I've mentioned above there are 5 options

Location-based security
    Swipe payments
    Contactless payments
    Atm withdrawals
    Online transactions

They are all switched on except the location based security. I've just used the card in a shop so it's not blocked. I have enough euro, sterling and lira to cover the payment and I've cleared my cache.
    So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either.

Is there another security option in the cards section I can't see?

When I select the physical card there are 5 options.

Freeze Card
    View pin
    Unblock pin/cvv
    Security
    Limit

When I select the virtual card there are only 3 options

Freeze Card
    Unblock cvv
    Limit

Is there another security option I'm missing. When I select the one I've mentioned above there are 5 options

Location-based security
    Swipe payments
    Contactless payments
    Atm withdrawals
    Online transactions

They are all switched on except the location based security. I've just used the card in a shop so it's not blocked. I have enough euro, sterling and lira to cover the payment and I've cleared my cache.
    So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong either.

Is there another security option in the cards section I can't see?

If the settings are fine then it’s a vpn issue

• Advertisement

If the settings are fine then it’s a vpn issue

Why would VPN affect revolut when an Irish based debit and credit card work fine through the same VPN?

Why would VPN affect revolut when an Irish based debit and credit card work fine through the same VPN?

So do you mean you have Netflix sorted ?
    If so why are you posting here about Revolut issues, best to ask revolut via online chat

These things are so simple it makes me wonder how people manage with day to day life tbh

So do you mean you have Netflix sorted ?
    If so why are you posting here about Revolut issues, best to ask revolut via online chat

These things are so simple it makes me wonder how people manage with day to day life tbh

So simple you haven't answered my question just snide remarks. Thanks.

So simple you haven't answered my question just snide remarks. Thanks.

It’s so simple nearly everyone here can manage it and by the time they have asked for a bit of help they say thanks and go on their way to enjoy a cracking bargain.
    I’ve tried helping you but you say the vpn is fine and Revolut is fine so what more can anyone do to help you here ?
    Maybe you’re a troll or missing something really obvious that you are doing wrong

For anyone with a similar issue I managed to sort it. I had being trying to do it on Android. The VPNS I tried were PIA, Tunnelbear and Hola in that order. I had no problem switching to a Turkish account but it wouldn't accept a revolut card so I had it set up on a credit card issued by an Irish bank. Later on I tried on Windows 10. PIA wouldn't work but Hola did, however after the fact I spotted the VPN location had switched to USA. I'm not sure if it was an Android/Windows issue or if it was just timing on the reliability of VPN and possible leakage but has gone through okay now. I didn't change any revolut settings, VPN settings or Netflix settings.

Pesky vpn just randomly selecting another country on its own hmmm
    Always happens when you least expect it

Pesky vpn just randomly selecting another country on its own hmmm
    Always happens when you least expect it

It worked when the USA was the selected one. I'd already attempted it as Turkey which failed. I tried several times and when it worked I noticed it had gone to USA. That was the one I'd being using for some previous activity so presume it was selected after I refreshed the page on chrome. Just sharing incase it's helpful to any other people with a similar issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bauney

Hi all, newbie here. I am paying 11 euro for standard 2 users hd account.
    To use hola VPN app, to create netflix account, did ye install the app on computer or phone before creating a new account?

Also, i presume the availability of netflix programs is not tied to the turkey domain? E.g it's just the monthly pay that is different so I can still watch what I can currently watch via netflix.ie

Hope ye understand what I wrote. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

bauney wrote: »
    Hi all, newbie here. I am paying 11 euro for standard 2 users hd account.
    To use hola VPN app, to create netflix account, did ye install the app on computer or phone before creating a new account?

Also, i presume the availability of netflix programs is not tied to the turkey domain? E.g it's just the monthly pay that is different so I can still watch what I can currently watch via netflix.ie

Hope ye understand what I wrote. Thanks

Hola on laptop to get to turkey, then set up Netflix account and payment via revolut.
    After that just sign in to Netflix as normal on whatever device.
    full package (4 screens?) and paying around 5 to 6 euro depending on currency fluctuations

People don’t like to read threads anymore it’s like a constant Q&A session here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

We are here to help each other, some people don't like that, then that's their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately the same questions get asked and answered over and over in this thread which is why there are so many pages which is why people tend not read any of it. It's self inflicting.

Anyway just remember to uninstall Hola straight after you have signed up to Netflix as Hola is not very secure, plus unless you take the premium version of Hola your ip address is shared out to other Hola users to do whatever they want using it. You only need Hola when your signing up to Netflix. You don't need a VPN to log into Netflix after that unless you want the content of the country which you coming through the VPN for. Netflix will still bill you from the country that you used at the time you signed up from but you will get the content from the country that you sign into Netflix unless you mask it using a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Wow eur seems to have weakened against the lyra...1 eur more charged for this month...i am not complaining though !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

OmegaGene wrote:

That's pretty much every BA thread on here. People need their hands held the whole way.

Wow eur seems to have weakened against the lyra...1 eur more charged for this month...i am not complaining though !!

Buy enough lira using revolut for a year and then the exchange rate changing won’t affect you

meathman0 wrote: »
    We are here to help each other, some people don't like that, then that's their problem.

But it take a minute to read through the last few pages and it’s quicker than asking the same thing and waiting on a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Just edit the first post with a basic Q&A.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Just edit the first post with a basic Q&A.

you can't after a certain period. Really doesn't make a difference, people are just lazy as ****.

We need the driver (moderator) to create a sticky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

We need the driver (moderator) to create a sticky
    Even just throw a FAQ together for the first post.. and indicate "Refer to post #1" in thread title.

I'll do up one later when I've a bit of time...

Advertisement