Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

This revolut is a pain to set up isnt it,, i hoped i could access my account on pc but seems its via app only? thus ill probably have to install vpn app on phone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Dcully wrote: »
    This revolut is a pain to set up isnt it,, i hoped i could access my account on pc but seems its via app only? thus ill probably have to install vpn app on phone too?

Once you have the app on the phone it will give you your virtual card and show you the details you need like on a normal card
    Copy these details to your Netflix payment page like you would for any card on the pc whilst using the vpn
    Simple really

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭maik3n

You could try using the bluestacks app player on your pc.
    It should in theory be able to run the revolut app. :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Sorted handy enough, just wasnt aware of the virtual card feature.
    Im guessing just keep an eye on revolut to make sure funds are topped up for the following month.

Sorted handy enough, just wasnt aware of the virtual card feature.
    Im guessing just keep an eye on revolut to make sure funds are topped up for the following month.

Stick a few quid on it and you’re sorted
    The card is very handy once you have it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Unless you want American Netflix

What is the best vpn for this at the moment?

keane2097 wrote: »
    What is the best vpn for this at the moment?

I sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Whats the best free VPN to use that allows you to signup to Turkey account?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

TheDriver wrote: »
    5.90 for 4 screen turkey plan
    Fcuking robbers,can't bate the Mexicans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Nope. Turkey is cheapest. I signed up using Mexico months back. Time to change to Turkey.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/countries-where-netflix-is-most-least-expensive-or-cost-effective-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Nope. Turkey is cheapest. I signed up using Mexico months back. Time to change to Turkey.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/countries-where-netflix-is-most-least-expensive-or-cost-effective-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

Charge for yesterday ...

Premium :
    Turkey 5.72euros / 39.99TRY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

reni10 wrote: »
    Whats the best free VPN to use that allows you to signup to Turkey account?

Touchvpn have an android app and have turkey listed. And is free.

I've only just cancelled so can't actually try it out fully as I won't be re-signing up for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Just signed up to Turkey for 5.72 a month using Hola VPN.... Happy Days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

mathie wrote: »
    Charge for yesterday ...

Premium :
    Turkey 5.72euros / 39.99TRY

The price has dropped:eek::eek::eek: I got charged 5.80 last week :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

I paid €5.61 on 24Sep so mine is better :p

Payment amount will depend on the bank used
    Cheapest option is Revolut or similar that gives you the best daily exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I 'transferred' from Mexico to Turkey too

I used Hola for Turkey and I panicked when it came to the plan selection screen when the prices appeared as EUR with the same Irish prices, hit Hola again for Turkey and my page refreshed and the prices switched to TRY

I didn't get the free first month though, I think because I used the same revolut card when I had a Mexican account

2 screen plan worked out at €4.09 for this month, can't complain until Netflix do something to stop this!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

bazwaldo wrote: »

Was joking

Ohmeha wrote: »

I used Hola for Turkey and I panicked when it came to the plan selection screen when the prices appeared as EUR with the same Irish prices, hit Hola again for Turkey and my page refreshed and the prices switched to TRY

I didn't get the free first month though, I think because I used the same revolut card when I had a Mexican account

2 screen plan worked out at €4.09 for this month, can't complain until Netflix do something to stop this!

You can use the same card to get the free month numerous times once you use a different email address

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I changed over last week to Turkey last week and all is working fine.

Since the. I’ve ordered a 4K tv which I’ll have in the next few days so I think I’ll change my sub from the 2 screen to the 4 screen with 4K

Can you change your sub instantly or do you have to wait for the next cycle for it to change? If I have to wait, I’ll change straight away rather than waiting for the tv to arrive.

Also I presume I’ll need to use a VPN again when upgrading to keep the same local charge from Turkey.

• Advertisement

You can upgrade at anytime to 4k and should be able to do it via the app on the tv
    That’s how I did it ages ago anyway, you might want to use getflix or something similar to access the American Netflix for a bit more choice of 4k shows and films

If you want to be safe and use the vpn then it won’t do any harm I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You can use the same card to get the free month numerous times once you use a different email address
    I did use a new email address signing up to Turkey so I'd only guess it was due to the same Revolut card

I did use a new email address signing up to Turkey so I'd only guess it was due to the same Revolut card

I don’t think that would make a difference, I’ve used Revolut for a few family members and they give me the money, they have all gotten the free month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I paid €4.04 on the 6th :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

4.00 flat yesterday. I'm winning.

*may have been charged 6 cent exchange rate. But shh.

RossieMan wrote: »
    4.00 flat yesterday. I'm winning.

*may have been charged 6 cent exchange rate. But shh.

Revolut and you will be winning more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Actually have an account I've never used. Must start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

i paid €3.95 for 2 screen plan. paid via avantcard.

i paid €15 for the year as part of a family on a 4k package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jaysus I absolutely love this whole forum for the tips and tricks you'd pick up. Got that 10E free from opening an N26 account, transferred that to Revolut as a deposit to get a virtual card, and used that virtual card to get cheaper Netflix. Keep up the good work everyone! :D

Advertisement